Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-21-2014, 11:13 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
hi everyone

I'd be curious to know if some of you discovered Mylène Farmer thanks to Alizée and became a big fan of her too
Hi!

I discovered Alizée accidentally and it was wonderful. I soon learned who Mylène was and how she provided Alizée the opportunity to begin her singing career. But I've never listened to a single song or watched any video of her. I have nothing against her, I just have no interest in her.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:46 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

A couple of videos:

How she opens a concert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature..._NHka2BE#t=113
(this one you have to click on)

My favorite song of hers (I wish Alizée would do it - as a "tribute" could be her excuse):
Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

After finding out about Alizee, I was deeply interested in checking out MF's music. I thought that this is the woman who wrote the songs and LB was the guy who created the music for the woman who changed my life, so I very much wanted to hear her songs.

I enjoy her songs, but certainly not in the same way as I enjoy Alizee's. I think I would enjoy them a lot more if I understood what she was saying. Such is not the case with Alizee.

As I've said in the past, I have a huge amount of respect for her and LB. For me, without them, there never would have been an Alizee.

I've also said she uses sex to sell. She even designed her own sex toy. then wrote a song about it. But she certainly doesn't need sex to sell. One video that shows that is when I was first checking her out, was this one of the song Desenchantee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8-8qqABgo4

A very good song and a very good video in my opinion.

Songs like Toc de mac, L'e-mail a des ailes, Tempete, Coeur deja pris (which I think is probably her most beautiful song) and so many more are great evidence that she does not need sex to sell.

She and LB are incredibly talented. A lot of that talent came from the college they both attended, but to achieve the level of success they have reached, a lot of that talent had to come naturally.

One thing that she is very good at that Alizee is incredibly lacking in is how to put on a good show. Now there are some big differences between the two when it comes to putting on a good show. Mylene certainly isn't a bad looking woman, but she doesn't have the beauty of Alizee, so a lot of what is entertaining on stage is what goes on with the other people on stage with her and in that regard, it's a good show. Now Alizee, and I have to be careful here, certainly was an incredibly beautiful woman. It didn't matter what was on stage. All you wanted to look at was her. Now she's certainly far different from what she looked like 10 years ago, but when packaged right, she is still all you want to look at on stage, but of late, she's never been packaged right and the show around her is very lacking.

Some question whether a return to MF and LB would meet with success. I have no doubt it would. With the album Blonde, we see good songs, good music, but we haven't seen one good performance because that one area she's lacking in, which MF excels in, is killing her.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:35 PM

Morten_DK is on a distinguished road

I have been big fan of France music ,but that is Jean Michel Jarre and SPACE(Didier Marouani)that I have been fan of for 25 years now
I first started to listen to Alizée for two years now not with others france singers yet
Old 07-24-2014, 03:49 AM

Philippe is on a distinguished road

hi

I don't think Mylène uses so much sex to sell. You know she never promotes her new albums, new tours, she doesn't need to. Everything is sold out extremely quickly.

She rarely gives interviews as well and is pretty shy.

Even if she sings about sex it is always poetic and you might not even understand what she is singing about even if you're French.

If you're a fan that's the place to talk about her and discover her world

https://www.facebook.com/groups/467490270019988/
Old 07-26-2014, 03:47 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I'm a big Mylene fan. Maybe it's just because I ran out of Alizee material so quickly, and Mylene has so many albums and concerts already. I also feel like she is a kindred spirit.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:56 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
she certainly doesn't need sex to sell. One video that shows that is when I was first checking her out, was this one of the song Desenchantee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8-8qqABgo4

A very good song and a very good video in my opinion.
That's a vid I saw on MTV years before I ever discovered Alizée and I found it interesting and also found it interesting it was being played on an english
music channel.

Anyway here's another one that I think Lapinschous posted some time ago if I remember correctly.. I really like this one.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-28-2014, 05:09 AM

Philippe is on a distinguished road

yes, Myléne has done so much and different stuff, I think anybody should like at least one of her hundred songs
Old 07-28-2014, 03:33 PM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

I also became Mylene's fan thanks to Alizee for I did not get a crush on MF's music at the first listen or at the first few listens, to be fair. I'd been Alizee's fan for roughly a year when I gave a chance to the French pop's queen. Anyway, I'm a great adherer of them both and it's pretty easy to remark if you read my posts, I guess :P .

As for other musicians discovered thanks to Alizee, it's the case for me as well . Once, seeking the "Moi... Lolita" lyrics, aside of the sudetto, I paid attention to a certain song and that was "Gothic Lolita", and then I was stunned by a miss Emilie Autumn, and later on - truly enchanted . Then, prompted by Emilie's muffin*, I stepped into the dooming but poetically beautiful world of Lana Del Rey. And quite recently, I've been tangled into another musical infatuation, that is - Nicole Dollanganger, whom I divined on the EA forum... So this sorta "discovery chain" is advancing and I'd lie if I denied liking it! I'm really indebted to Lilly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
My favorite song of hers (I wish Alizée would do it - as a "tribute" could be her excuse):
Mine too! In fact, I do realize that the lyrics are not the VERY best of hers, like "Moi... Lolita" or "L'ame-stram-gram" are - but I bear a sentiment for this song, as embarassing as it sounds; well, my shrink would chew me fucking up for listening to tracks about suicide... et pourtant, I cannot get "je vais me coucher" outta my jazzy head.

*meaning a "fan" in our crooked fandom lingo , a "plague rat" works as its synonym
The Round belong

Old 08-01-2014, 12:22 AM

Chomenor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
Mine too! In fact, I do realize that the lyrics are not the VERY best of hers, like "Moi... Lolita" or "L'ame-stram-gram" are - but I bear a sentiment for this song, as embarassing as it sounds; well, my shrink would chew me fucking up for listening to tracks about suicide... et pourtant, I cannot get "je vais me coucher" outta my jazzy head.
Well, I don't think this song is actually about suicide. It is about being unhappy with life on earth and wishing for something better (to put it generally), but it is a in a positive way. It is a very different meaning from suicide, even if there seems to be some similarity on the surface.

Mylène considered using a reference to suicide as a way to express her level of discontent with the world, but decided against it. Still even if there was one reference to suicide it does not automatically make the entire song about suicide. You could just as well say the song is about angels, because the song mentions them, and it would actually be a lot more accurate than to say the song is about suicide.

If you want to see a song that actually does deal with suicide, try Jardin de Vienne.

Last edited by Chomenor; 08-01-2014 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: Change to URL without russian subtitles