Old 05-15-2017, 10:56 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Excellent video. Thanks Scuffy
Old 05-19-2017, 12:08 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

And Jenny.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:53 AM

God only know how many times we have all watched these videos, and how many times more we will watch them again. So I watched them tonight, and I think, "This is what Alizee does. This is what created her. This is what the world wants to see. Screw the dancing. Why on earth doesn't she want to do this any more?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oam19Ja3RmU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfXBNQMj2SE
Old 06-19-2017, 04:51 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
God only know how many times we have all watched these videos, and how many times more we will watch them again. So I watched them tonight, and I think, "This is what Alizee does. This is what created her. This is what the world wants to see. Screw the dancing. Why on earth doesn't she want to do this any more?"

In the first one, ACC, at the very beginning, that look where she shifts her eyes around then smiles is priceless!
Old 06-19-2017, 06:15 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Dismal sales figures?
Old 06-19-2017, 08:28 AM

Not Now is on a distinguished road

She needs someone to write her really good songs. Nothing she has released since Gourmandises and MCE has been as good as those two, although I do enjoy most of 5 and some songs off Psychedelices and Blonde. Nevertheless, both her image and sound were more developed and unique back then and unless she finds herself a team as good as Farmer and Boutonnat she is not going to reach that level again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
What always saddens me when I see those cheering crowds is how fast they turned their backs on her .... she was an instant hit, she rose to international fame within months... this is still a mystery to me.
It's sad but I think that is how it works in the pop world. Stars come and go faster than elsewhere. On the bright side, Alizee still has a sort of a "cult following", there are many people who recognise her for the awesome person that she is.

Last edited by Not Now; 06-19-2017 at 08:36 AM..
Old 06-19-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote: Not Now
It's sad but I think that is how it works in the pop world. Stars come and go faster than elsewhere. On the bright side, Alizee still has a sort of a "cult following", there are many people who recognise her for the awesome person that she is.[/QUOTE]

She had a run of 16 years; thats a long time in the entertainment business. And yes she hangs onto her cult for the awesome person that she is. Even if she never has another block-buster, I would love to see her sing again.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Now View Post
She needs someone to write her really good songs. Nothing she has released since Gourmandises and MCE has been as good as those two, ............. Nevertheless, both her image and sound were more developed and unique back then and unless she finds herself a team as good as Farmer and Boutonnat she is not going to reach that level again..............
I think Blonde had a chance of being a success, but it faced two problems. First, she didn't have a team any where's near as capable of taking the good songs she had and developing them into entertaining promotions, videos or concerts. In fact her team failed dismally.

Her second problem now is since she's left MF/LB, she's developed a pattern of quite frankly, failures. If MF were to put out an album without letting anyone hear in advance a song on it or even a snippet, it would probably be a very good financial success, just because of her reputation. Where as if Alizee came out with an album worthy of success, it has to be even better than that to overcome the way she's disappointed people who know what she is capable of.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:33 PM

Not Now is on a distinguished road

Of course, part of her initial charm was down to her age and looks. She isn't quite 16 or 18 anymore so naturally it is harder for her to stick out in a vast sea of singers. She could still be successful if she worked hard with a good team but her biggest attraction has always been her looks, moves etc, rather than raw talent. There are so many better singers than her but the majority lack the charm and the stunning effect Alizee has on her listeners. With that said, she is not going to achieve success by releasing songs that any half-decent pop artist could release, and discarding everything that once made the young Alizee famous (Blonde is the best example of this). Over the years, I feel like in addition to the music her very style has suffered and it's difficult these days to distinguish her from other artists/celebrities. She had a very distinctive style during the Gourmandises-MCE era. Besides, I may be the only one who feels this way but she seemed more confident back in the day and had more of an I-know-what-I'm-doing appearance.
Don't get me wrong, I love all things Alizee, but it's been a long time since she had the whole package: songs, looks, charm and so on.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Now View Post
Of course, part of her initial charm was down to her age and looks. She isn't quite 16 or 18 anymore so naturally it is harder for her to stick out in a vast sea of singers. She could still be successful if she worked hard with a good team but her biggest attraction has always been her looks, moves etc, rather than raw talent. There are so many better singers than her but the majority lack the charm and the stunning effect Alizee has on her listeners. With that said, she is not going to achieve success by releasing songs that any half-decent pop artist could release, and discarding everything that once made the young Alizee famous (Blonde is the best example of this). Over the years, I feel like in addition to the music her very style has suffered and it's difficult these days to distinguish her from other artists/celebrities. She had a very distinctive style during the Gourmandises-MCE era. Besides, I may be the only one who feels this way but she seemed more confident back in the day and had more of an I-know-what-I'm-doing appearance.
Don't get me wrong, I love all things Alizee, but it's been a long time since she had the whole package: songs, looks, charm and so on.
Well her age and looks had a lot to do with it at the time, but there are plenty of young girls who came along, such as Lorrie and Jenifer, who because of their looks and charm, had success. I have to admit that part of her success was the fact that MF put this young lady with the girl next door looks, into such a sexual role, but one of the things we've learned to love about her is as incredibly sexy as she was, is she rebelled against this role. We found out the things she loved in life were Corsica, her family and her close freinds. The things that would've caused us to stop following some other singer, kept us following her.
She did seem more confident years ago, and that lack of confidence has so many reasons behind it. The potential is still there. We just need someone to bring the cream to the top!

Tags
alizee, alizeeamerica, section, video, youtube