Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-08-2017, 08:06 AM

Not Now is on a distinguished road

When I tried to post my reply, I was logged out and the text was lost. Here we go again...

Like most of us, I was first grabbed by her apperance but that did not make me a fan. She is not the only beautiful girl in the world, although her 2003 looks are perfection to me. She was the same age then as I am now so it makes sense, I guess. Anyway, the next step towards becoming a fan was taking a liking to her music. I rarely ever listen to Pop but the beautiful vocal and synth interactions made an impression on me. Bit of a musician myself so it's always cool to discover artists from different ends of the music spectrum. But then, perhaps most important of all, I started seeing all kinds of video footage about her on Youtube (interviews, television appearances, Eiffel tower etc) and that was when I became a fan of the person that is Alizee. Throughout her "golden years", Zee was an all-round cool person that I would have liked to hang out with. Still, even though most stay for the personality rather than the looks, I think the impact her appearance has on the fans' road to infatuation should not be underestimated - her smile is absolutely out of this world. It is easier to feel sympathy towards someone is attractive. To top it off, her undying ability to stay happy and confident and entertain the masses is admirable. She was no plastic doll either - although shy and polite, she came across as a very "defined" person, as well as natural and sincere.

There are a couple of people who have had such an impact on my life as Alizee - my idols, so to say. Another notable example is Tom DeLonge who has created a ton of music that I enjoy and was also hilariously funny and cool back in the day. In many ways the two are very similar but DeLonge took a sillier and more vulgar approach to his antics while Alizee stayed classy at all costs. So there it is, my tendency to become infatuated with specific people (albeit few and far between) and find out everything about them is what probably contributed most to my becoming obsessed with Alizee. Of course, the fact that she has a bigger following on the internet (diminished but still extant) also helps. What differentiates these idols from regular good people is their impact on how I live my everyday life. No matter where I am or who I am with, I can think: "What would Lili do?"

There are moments when I think that Alizee is just another person who isn't worth spending so much time on. Then again, I have a feeling it might pay off in the long run.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
(...)the steam coming out of her ears in Poland too revealed the type of person she was(...)
Is it this interview? If so, do you remember what they asked and how she answered?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQAlCndX1cw

Last edited by Not Now; 07-08-2017 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-08-2017, 07:09 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Now View Post
Is it this interview? If so, do you remember what they asked and how she answered?

I dug around in the archives and found some translations people did back in the day.

Note - At the end she asks for "Olivier." Olivier was basically her manager at the time. I don't know what his official duties were, but he traveled with her and dealt with the PR aspects, among other things.

Quote:
translation by Croolik and BackinBlack

I

Background voice: And what does she think about the fact that in
Poland the music of black Frenchmen is very popular? The rap music?
Does she listen to this kind of music? According to her what is the
source of this popularity?
(translation into french)
Alizée: Personally, I don't like it at all.
(translation into polish)
(laugh from background)

II

BV: We in Poland, we are perceiving France as our closest partner in
Western Europe, etc. Does she know anything about Poland and if so -
could she tell what she knows?
(translation, but not exact, the woman says: "do you know anything
about Poland? You're here since yesterday. 1 day and a half. So, do
you know anything about Poland? Do you have any impressions?)
Alizée: It's very cold.
(translation into polish)

III

BV: Now we're gonna ask her...
Alizée: Can we call Olivier for two seconds?
(Olivier!)
BV: So say that this is a programme where there's not any host. She
must record it... (?)"

Explanation:
The programme is called "30ton". It presents music charts in Poland.
It's aired on the second channel of Polish television (TVP2). Each
week there's a different host - an artist or a band. The programme is
divided into small parts. At the beginning (or the end if you prefer)
of each part the host says something about him/herself or a short
story, whatever.

The problem:
Instead of giving full, structured answers, Alizée prefered to say two
or three words which is obviously unacceptable if you want to prepare
a programme such as "30 ton".
The other thing is the choice of questions. If I were her, I would
have acted in the similar way.
translation by extremeR

Reporter: And what does she think (BTW: all questions are said to the translator...stupid, isnt it?) about black french rapers, does she listen to that sor of music and where did those rapers come from...? Because here in Poland it is veeery famous

Alizee: Actually I dont like them, at all...

R: We Poles treat France as the nearest partner in Western Europe and stuff like that.... Does she know anything about Poland? IF she does, she may say what does she know...

A: It is very cold.

R: Yep! So now we will please her.... regarding to it translate her that....

A: Can you call Olivier?

ALL: Olivier!!!!

R: This is a program where is no interviewer actually...

Oh man, she is deserting!

We have to catch HER, NOW!!!!!!!...........
translation/transcription by ... unknown

Reporter: And what does she think about black french rappers, does she listen to that sort of music and where did those rappers come from...? Because here in Poland it is veeery famous

Alizee: Actually I dont like them, at all...

R: We Poles treat France as the nearest partner in Western Europe and stuff like that.... Does she know anything about Poland? IF she does, she may say what does she know...

A: It is very cold.

R: Yep! So now we will please her.... regarding to it translate her that....

A: Can you call Olivier?

ALL: Olivier!!!!

R: This is a program where is no interviewer actually...

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 07-08-2017 at 07:37 PM..
Old 07-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

* " Though free to think and act , we are held together like the stars in the firmament ,
with ties inseparable . These ties cannot be seen but we feel them " .

Primary attraction to the substance from luminiferous ether ,
mostly thanks there to Alizee America . An emotional online connection
on a psychic level . This isn't just to lil Mis Jacotey but from the users here ,
youtube and so on . Living the A-LIFE vicariously through your thoughts and
artistic emotions wether writ or not , is a beautiful ride .

* Nikolai Tesla

Last edited by alizeefan; 07-10-2017 at 09:34 AM..
Old 07-10-2017, 04:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think I was endeared to the French accent some time ago. I remember when I was a kid, I saw a movie with a woman I think with red hair and I think this was a comedy or a Disney movie. I tried researching it yesterday, but came up empty. I'll look some more.

Now a woman comes along sometimes, who has the same effect, but it's not that often. Of course I love Alizee's accent, but that's just a small part of the story.
In fact, I had told my long sob story in here once before, but I'll try to make a brief recap. I was living about 800 miles (1300 km) south of here. After being married for 11 years, I got divorced and met another wonderful woman. My company decided to pull out of that city. I needed a good paying job and the only way I could get one, was to leave that area. That led to the break up of my relationship.

I moved up north where I am now and went through 7 years of depression. The woman I had been in a relationship with had been part of a band with some freinds and they did a few gigs here and there. When we'd be togethere in my car, I'd always be playing my favorite songs on the cds I had made up and she'd always be singing them. So everytime I listened to music after moving up north, it reminded me of her.
Then I found out about Alizee and it changed my life. I could now listen to music again and enjoy it because these new songs had no painful memories with them. Before, even when I was going to some place like Cancun, I'd be depressed. Not now. I enjoy all my trips now. Of course her beauty, her dancing were huge factors. So too I think the music of LB was a big factor.

So it's been 17 years since I moved back up here and and 10 years since I found out about Alizee and you'd think by now, I'd be able to listen to regular music again, but no. Those memories are still too strong to forget. You add the fact that she came down with cancer in a bad way a couple of years ago and I think I'll be sticking to Alizee for a while.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:28 AM
I *am* okey dokey

YesterdaysAirRace is on a distinguished road

Man, this place is dead. But who am I to complain, I log in about once every 18 months.

Anyway, I became a fan because I saw the video Moi Lolita circa 2006 and thought the music was outstanding. I sought out other videos and found Gourmandises and was hooked. I wanted more so I went to Amazon and looked up whatever there was for sale by her, and found the En Concert DVD. More importantly, I found the reviews there of it, and they really sold me. I ordered it, watched, and fell immediately in love. I loved the playful innocence, offset by the brooding music. Her demeanor was disarmingly easy-going and welcoming, but not facile or pollyanna. As I learned more (coming to places like here) I loved that she lived a pretty clean life; it wasn't some trash-filled story that we always get from young pop diva scene in the US or UK. In fact her whole persona, and act, seems to be the antithesis of the Britney "check out this hot schoolgirl outfit" esthetic that seems to be the default for every act. She embodied everything I never knew I wanted in a modern chanteuse.

Years later, I became a fan of anime, and discovered this idea I had of Alizee fits some well-worn anime tropes. If I'd known of them ten years ago, I probably would have thought of her as a real-life anime character.

Of course she's actually a real-life human who's had her ups and downs and who grows. I admit with every new ounce of ink she gets on her, I get sadder for the younger days. I have no idea what's up with her career; I come here once in a while and it seems she's just doing dance competition TV shows now, or something—even the home page here seems to have given up keeping us up-to-date on her status.

I'm frustrated she didn't get a break in Hollywood or London to play an amazing movie character; something that was never going to happen anyway I'm sure because she has steadfastly refused to learn English. I'm sad her post-Mylene music was so uneven and really never was as good. I'm forever wishing for more concert footage from that one glorious moment, knowing it's gone forever.

So I don't know if I really am a fan anymore, like I was then; I'm clearly living off the fumes of what I found back then. I put the live CD on once in a great while and am amazed all over, but I know that's a long time gone, so it's really just nostalgia for what was.

Still, she looks to be doing well, and she seems she's just as sweet and calm as ever, so I imagine I'll always be fond of her and whatever she does.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:32 AM

Not Now is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesterdaysAirRace View Post
I'm frustrated she didn't get a break in Hollywood or London to play an amazing movie character; something that was never going to happen anyway I'm sure because she has steadfastly refused to learn English.
This makes you think how much of a hindrance not knowing English might have been for her success in the English-speaking world. She probably could understand the language well enough but couldn't speak it confidently, let I'm Fed Up be proof of that :P. Interesting how you mentioned a movie role - haven't thought of it before but Alizee would have surely made for a cool character, with her acting background and all.

*dreams of 2003 Alizee in a film*
Old 07-18-2017, 12:20 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Man, this place is dead. But who am I to complain, I log in about once every 18 months.

Anyway, I became a fan because I saw the video Moi Lolita circa 2006 and thought the music was outstanding. I sought out other videos and found Gourmandises and was hooked. I wanted more so I went to Amazon and looked up whatever there was for sale by her, and found the En Concert DVD. More importantly, I found the reviews there of it, and they really sold me. I ordered it, watched, and fell immediately in love. I loved the playful innocence, offset by the brooding music. Her demeanor was disarmingly easy-going and welcoming, but not facile or pollyanna. As I learned more (coming to places like here) I loved that she lived a pretty clean life; it wasn't some trash-filled story that we always get from young pop diva scene in the US or UK. In fact her whole persona, and act, seems to be the antithesis of the Britney "check out this hot schoolgirl outfit" esthetic that seems to be the default for every act. She embodied everything I never knew I wanted in a modern chanteuse.

Years later, I became a fan of anime, and discovered this idea I had of Alizee fits some well-worn anime tropes. If I'd known of them ten years ago, I probably would have thought of her as a real-life anime character.

Of course she's actually a real-life human who's had her ups and downs and who grows. I admit with every new ounce of ink she gets on her, I get sadder for the younger days. I have no idea what's up with her career; I come here once in a while and it seems she's just doing dance competition TV shows now, or something—even the home page here seems to have given up keeping us up-to-date on her status.

I'm frustrated she didn't get a break in Hollywood or London to play an amazing movie character; something that was never going to happen anyway I'm sure because she has steadfastly refused to learn English. I'm sad her post-Mylene music was so uneven and really never was as good. I'm forever wishing for more concert footage from that one glorious moment, knowing it's gone forever.

So I don't know if I really am a fan anymore, like I was then; I'm clearly living off the fumes of what I found back then. I put the live CD on once in a great while and am amazed all over, but I know that's a long time gone, so it's really just nostalgia for what was.

Still, she looks to be doing well, and she seems she's just as sweet and calm as ever, so I imagine I'll always be fond of her and whatever she does.

Pretty much mirrors my own experience except that I discovered her whilst looking for a different female french singer whose music was being used in some perfume ads.

I do still play the CDs quite often and they always make me feel good.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Man, this place is dead. But who am I to complain, I log in about once every 18 months...................
Well I think we are very fortunate to have the level of activity we do have. Alizee forum which was a big forum shut down in May and I believe you see very little activity on other forums.

I think everyone is still hoping somehow, someway, another album will happen. That's what keeps me around. These dance work shops are a dime a dozen. Just the same old, same old with something new thrown in now and then, but it still has little appeal for me.

It's kind of funny that Jeremy took her away and we lost her for a few years. Then was it because of him that such a poor job was done of producing her albums and tours?

Now Gregoire came along and we lost again, the singing/dancing Alizee, the one I think we all want. I used to get a lot of enjoyment out of at least seeing her in the Les Enfoires show, but now with Greg, we've even lost that.

So if in 6 months from now there isn't some significant development in a new direction, I wouldn't be surprised if this forum folded too.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:37 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Stop it Scruffy, or I'll take away your doggy treats.

The good(bad?) news is that this was probably the last year for DALS for her. Greg will probably be doing it solo as a professional dancer. The bad news is that, even though she has kept the faith with Les Enfoires, so much time has gone by that it is possible that she might not be invited back. If she were more in the public eye, it would be very likely. However, given her current situation it is by no means a given.

I like to see her dance. I hope Greg and her appear often. But she needs a few TV appearances this year to really keep her going.

Last edited by Rev; 07-19-2017 at 07:42 PM..
Old 07-19-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Stop it Scruffy, or I'll take away your doggy treats.
Well most of the time, I maintain as the British used to say, " a stiff upper lip" and I spend a lot of time looking for different stuff to post rather than the same old, same old we see day after day. In fact I've done a lot in the past couple of weeks just organizing different video interviews and getting translations for them if I can't find them in the web of which 2, I recently obtained translations for, but still have to add the subtitles to. I've also recently downloaded numerous magazine articles with translations that I will be posting in a timely manner. I also have 2 different videos that I've been putting together, but there are times I look for something on her part that might indicate more than just another dance work shop might be on the horizon, but all I see is emptiness.....not even a periscope of a hint that something else might be out there, waiting to surface.