Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-03-2018, 05:48 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
Interesting story, Scruffy. You should make a blog about your Alizee adventures.

Elise Canepa (assistant in Psychédélices, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psych%C3%A9d%C3%A9lices)
Well I started to make a video about my experiences and tried to get it out in time for my 10th anniversary, but dropped it when I didn't finish it in time. Maybe I'll get back to it now that I'm coming up on my 11th.

As far as a blog, I'll have to give that some thought.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:33 AM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Axelle Red (on the TV talent show Graines de Star, broadcast on Métropole Tv, Alizée performed a single released by)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz
Here is a document anyone can access and edit. So guys please use it after you post in the thread and put your entry into it every time you post in the thread:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by comjoz; 01-04-2018 at 11:42 AM..
Old 01-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Danse avec les stars, wiki says she participated and won
Old 01-04-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Danse avec les stars, wiki says she participated and won
I'm not sure if you are kidding or if you haven't heard that much about DALS.

Of course the show is just like the one in this country, Dancing with the Stars, where they pair up a professional dancer with a celebrity.

Now it was said Alizée had been asked to be on this show before, but she declined because they dig too much into your personal life and she didn't want any part of that. But after her third album (5) failed, it look like her career might be at an end and so I guess she had to take that chance and you could see how the show did dig into her private life, I think more so with the second show.

Now at some point after her seperation from Jeremy, it was said instead of trying hard to find another boyfreind, she decided to focus her life on raising Annily and for this show, it was said she asked for a gay (male) partner because she didn't want any distractions. Of course they didn't give her a gay partner. They teamed her up with Gregoie Lyonnet who was considered one of the top 10 hip hop artists in the world.

I think it was obvious from show one, she fell in love with the show and the people she met. How quickly she fell in love with Greg, I'm not sure. It was obvious in show 2 that she hadn't let go of Jeremy......... yet. When she danced with Greg in that show to Patrick Brue's "Je te le dis quand même", a song I guess that hit too close to home, you could see the sadness on her face during the dance and the tears afterwards.

Her main competition on the show was Brahim Zaibat who was a dancer and a very good one at thata and at the time he was Madonna's boy toy. He even appeared with Madonna in one of her football Superbowl half time shows. They broke up soon after the DALS shows ended.

If you did hear about the shows, I typed all this for nothing. If you didn't. I paid to have all the sections of the 9 shows that concerned Alizee translated. Here is the first episode from my Google drive.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m5w...ew?usp=sharing
Old 01-05-2018, 02:51 AM
Miam Miam!

Thanks for clarifying Scruffy. (I haven't watched the show) I just saw this on the wiki

Quote:
Starting on 28 September, she participated in the TV show Danse avec les stars (French version of Strictly Come Dancing), which she won on 23 November 2013.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliz%C3%A9e)

I don't suppose someone edited it in falsely?
Old 01-05-2018, 03:44 AM

Quote:

I don't suppose someone edited it in falsely?
I'm not sure what you mean by that. She did win the competition and as far as the subs, they are accurate translations.

I just posted the link to the first show because posting several shows in my drive takes up too much room. If you want to see the other shows I added subs too, I'll add them in order, maybe a couple a week.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:25 AM
Miam Miam!

Cool, I am glad she won!

You must have thought I was kidding because this is common knowledge to you, but remember, you are one of her biggest fans. I don't know that much about Alizee, I just think she is incredibly charming and love her because of that. (and the music of course)

Alizee's smile has the unique ability to make me feel better no matter how bad I feel. I can't really put it to words, but hopefully you understand.

Bear in mind I live in Greece and don't watch television But this didn't air in Greece anyway, so that's a moot point. We had X-Factor, so I know that, but not "dance with the stars".

Ever since I started going on here I learn more and more, and with your help and others' I want to continue doing that. Plus it's fun, you know? Sorry for not knowing that much
Old 01-05-2018, 12:12 PM

No reason to be sorry. Without meeting people in person, it's tough for me to remember everyone's situation and know what they've seen and haven't seen. Plus I often miss the fact that some members aren't in here every day as I usually am.

DALS and the Tournée that follow are something I should probably explain further. The show DALS (Dancing with the Stars), started about 10 years ago in France. Alizee appeared in the 4th season (2013) and won and that was a major moment in her life and career. A lot of what goes on today, the Tournee, the dance work shops are a direct result of it.

That year (2013)was the first season they started the Tournée which now happens every year, after the competition is over. They go to several cities and put on a show. I think Alizee has appeared in every Tournee since she won.

Now there is another show that over the course of her career Alizee has appeared in and that is Les Enfoires. That is a show for charity and many celebrities donate their time to be in this show They raise money to feed the homeless and for about a week long period, they put on pretty much the same show, night after night. I've been lucky enough to be to a few of them.

The last show is usually filmed. A video is made of it and they broadcast that on tv at some point and make dvds out of it too. This show has given us a great opportunity to see Alizee sing and dance that her failures of putting out a successful album has denied us and we've gotten a lot of great videos out of it. The Tournee is mostly about dancing and when they did have her sing, they chose songs that weren't a good match for her voice, imo.

Now unfortunately, the Tournee and Les Enfoires happen at the same time of year, so apparently she can only do one. Les Enfoires is for charity and she probably only gets paid for her expenses where she probably gets a nice pay check for being in the Tournee, so it's understandable why she makes that choice, but I and I think many others miss those days of Les Enfoires and each year it's usually a huge disappointment when I find out she wont be in that show.

I have little interest in watching the Tournee because of it, though it's possible with my travels, I might some day go to a show. A few good videos usually do come out of it. Me and two other fans in Europe have briefly discussed getting together for a show.

So like I said, DALS was a huge moment in her life and career. We really got to learn a lot about her. We got to see her become truly happy again. I suggest you watch the first show. If you enjoy it, I will add the others to my drive.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-05-2018 at 12:27 PM..
Old 01-05-2018, 02:05 PM
Miam Miam!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain all that.

It's new information to me. I only knew of her Mylene Farmer days and then Psychedelices, after that it gets cloudy.

I'll definitely be checking out your subbed video

EDIT: Watched the video, great insight into what Lili has been doing.

You can definitely see the sparks between them. It's like Natalie Portman and her dance teacher whom I believed she married later on after working together in black swan.

If you ever feel like uploading more I'll definitely watch it

Last edited by eru777; 01-05-2018 at 03:18 PM..
Old 01-06-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm not sure if you are kidding or if you haven't heard that much about DALS.

Of course the show is just like the one in this country, Dancing with the Stars, where they pair up a professional dancer with a celebrity.

Now it was said Alizée had been asked to be on this show before, but she declined because they dig too much into your personal life and she didn't want any part of that. But after her third album (5) failed, it look like her career might be at an end and so I guess she had to take that chance and you could see how the show did dig into her private life, I think more so with the second show.

Now at some point after her seperation from Jeremy, it was said instead of trying hard to find another boyfreind, she decided to focus her life on raising Annily and for this show, it was said she asked for a gay (male) partner because she didn't want any distractions. Of course they didn't give her a gay partner. They teamed her up with Gregoie Lyonnet who was considered one of the top 10 hip hop artists in the world.

I think it was obvious from show one, she fell in love with the show and the people she met. How quickly she fell in love with Greg, I'm not sure. It was obvious in show 2 that she hadn't let go of Jeremy......... yet. When she danced with Greg in that show to Patrick Brue's "Je te le dis quand même", a song I guess that hit too close to home, you could see the sadness on her face during the dance and the tears afterwards.

Her main competition on the show was Brahim Zaibat who was a dancer and a very good one at thata and at the time he was Madonna's boy toy. He even appeared with Madonna in one of her football Superbowl half time shows. They broke up soon after the DALS shows ended.

If you did hear about the shows, I typed all this for nothing. If you didn't. I paid to have all the sections of the 9 shows that concerned Alizee translated. Here is the first episode from my Google drive.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m5w...ew?usp=sharing
So I was looking for that clip for this thread. I'm quite sure this clip was from show 1 and I'm putting it out to show what a good time she had on DALS from the get go. I think this is something she deeply missed since she moved back to Ajaccio and that is having a good time with her peers. Pierre Antoine was a great friend for her, but there were things missing in her life and DALS provided it in more ways than one.

The second video shows she could also be a handful at times.