Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-02-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I think Alizée probably watches a lot of programs and movies, and listens to music that is in English. I would bet she can understand it more than she can't. I am under the impression for some reason that she chooses not to communicate (at least when it matters) using English to be certain she understands what is being said to her, and that what she says is as she intends. Even if her English was very limited 18 years ago at the start of her career, it's likely that she picks up more and more each day. I know that happens to me with French. I've heard before that she doesn't understand any English, but I find that very hard to believe.

From this article: https://www.thelocal.fr/20180131/the...pped-right-now

Quote:
Sure, a recent report found that only 4 percent of French people can speak "fluent" English. And sure, the same report ranked the French as the worst English speakers in Europe. But let's be reasonable here. The fact is that a lot of French people do speak English, but they just don't - either because they're too shy, too embarrassed by their accent, or perhaps just don't want to. Tourists who come to Paris thinking they won't hear a word of English will be surprised - especially among the younger generation - by how many people are willing to give English a go.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:33 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I think Alizée probably watches a lot of programs and movies, and listens to music that is in English. I would bet she can understand it more than she can't. I am under the impression for some reason that she chooses not to communicate (at least when it matters) using English to be certain she understands what is being said to her, and that what she says is as she intends. Even if her English was very limited 18 years ago at the start of her career, it's likely that she picks up more and more each day. I know that happens to me with French. I've heard before that she doesn't understand any English, but I find that very hard to believe.

From this article: https://www.thelocal.fr/20180131/the...pped-right-now
I agree quite a bit with what Ray says. I think she understands quite a lot from listening to English songs and watching English movies. Still I think she lacks confidence in speaking English, because she has lacked experience with conversing with people who speak English on a regular basis, especially in Corsica where I found few people who were 'fluent' in the English language.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:12 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I agree quite a bit with what Ray says. I think she understands quite a lot from listening to English songs and watching English movies. Still I think she lacks confidence in speaking English, because she has lacked experience with conversing with people who speak English on a regular basis, especially in Corsica where I found few people who were 'fluent' in the English language.
I agree.
I am sure she can hold a basic conversation. In french interviews she often gives detailed answers, not sure if she can do that in english, even if she understood the question.

Almost 10 years ago. How good it is today we do not know?

Annily probably learns english at school, she could definitely teach Alizee something.

Last edited by kulli; 02-03-2018 at 10:14 AM..
Old 02-03-2018, 10:50 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=kulli;260157]I agree.
I am sure she can hold a basic conversation. In french interviews she often gives detailed answers, not sure if she can do that in english, even if she understood the question.

I've never seen this video before and never seen her speak so much English. I love her French accent. So she tries speaking English to the Russians. It's Great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69oU6LfyQ_4

Thanks Kulli.

Last edited by Shepherd; 02-04-2018 at 12:55 PM..
Old 02-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Her accent is cute. I wish she would speak more eng
Old 02-04-2018, 03:45 AM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

Her movements
Old 02-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I've never seen this video before and never seen her speak so much English. I love her French accent. So she tries speaking English to the Russians. It's Great.
Her accent is awesome!

I think if Annily follows in the footsteps of her parents and gets into the entertainment industry, her mastery of English will go a long way career-wise.

I haven't really settled in my mind why Alizee never broke into the US market. I'm not sure if it was just about the language barrier. I'm sure it has been discussed on this forum before, so I will hunt down some threads.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Administrator

This video of her interacting with kids is very charming. We all know she can be a bit of a goofball (in a good way), and it gives a glimpse of her personality outside of her social circle of her peers.

It's also fun to watch her dance here

Old 02-06-2018, 12:01 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I think this was an earlier indication of what kind of person she was. A little brat tried to pull her into the stands, and she laughed about it....
Old 02-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure why I didn't ever notice this before. I was watching some En Concert videos and one of my favorite songs is Hey Amigo.

It looks like she almost started singing too soon, or momentarily forgot where she was in the song. She stops herself and quickly gets back on track. My imagination?

It's at 1:18