Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-08-2018, 06:10 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
How many people would you estimate were in the audience?
I don't know but here's a good impression of the audience:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BneZFiCnmjt/
Old 09-08-2018, 07:31 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I just got home. Had to go to a type of funeral service out of state after work and have been up over 24 hours now.

From what I've seen so far, it looks like it was a success and this will be something to build off of.

Now to get some sleep!
Old 09-09-2018, 03:11 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
I don't know but here's a good impression of the audience:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BneZFiCnmjt/

That's a really cute video.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:36 AM

I was very worried about her voice where except for the Tournée, she hasn't done much singing, but I thought it was okay. There's room for improvement which will come with practice. Of course we have several more songs to hopefully hear but if she didn't do well with those I think we would have heard it.

There are other aspects of the show I'd like to comment on, but hopefully we'll get some more glimpses of those in the days ahead so we can offer a more qualified opinion of everything that went on.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:28 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I wish she had performed ÀCC, but it looks like it was a good time all around

I hope she performs that song in Mexico though...

Old 09-09-2018, 05:36 AM

So I thought I would give you a more detailed report about last night:

We arrived in Warsaw around 13:30 h and went to the park about an hour later. We were probably one of the first people there. There were still barriers around the stage so you couldn't get in the front rows yet.

Alizée arrived around 15:50 h, we didn't see her coming but suddenly there was the intro of Les Collines coming from the stage so we went closer to it, still behind the barries. She did the soundcheck, singing L'Alizé, Alcaline and Gourmandises. I took some videos, which was a good idea because I couldn't record Gourmandises during the actual concert.

Afterwards she came down, there were probably around 15 fans waiting, mostly Polish fans. She signed everything, took photos with everybody, did the selfie of us with my phone, it was so nice, I was so happy and excited - and the concert hadn't even started!

Around 16:30 h the first singer came on stage, a Polish actor who covered Joe Cocker songs. This part went for probably 1- 1 1/2 hours. We were of course in the front row. Afterwards the two presenters were asking some of the fans to come up to the stage - there was a little girl, she was probably 10 years who came from the Ukraine just to see Alizee, that was adorable. Then there was an Alizée themed quiz with the fans. Later the mayor of Ursus came to the stage too. And then it was nearly time for Alizée.

The concert started a bit later than announced and right after she began it started to rain so she didn't went on the catwalk very much, only at the very beginning and at the end when she was coming down to greet the front rows while singing JPVA. But that was totally understandable because it was too dangerous, she could have slipped.

She had no background dancers or musicians as mentioned and she also didn't dance that much herself - but I don't care. She was doing fine, her voice was really good, she was enjoing herself, her interaction with the audience was lovely, the choice of songs was good. The audience was very enthusiastic. At the beginning they had some trouble with the sound, 2 or 3 times during "L'Alizé" it just went off, so you could only hear her singing but not the background music.

The outfit was super lovely.

Sadly after Les Collines, L'Alizé and Alcaline everyone had to put their cameras and phones away, the only one taking pictures from now on was Alizée's brother Johann, he was infront of the stage.

The bubbles during "L'Alizé" were actually not part of the show but made by some of the Polish fans.

There was also a mistake made by the tech guys. Alizée suddenly asked them if they could do song No. 9 because they left it out. No. 9 was Mademoiselle Juliette.

As mentioned, at "Alors on dance" she asked Greg to come on the stage to teach the audience how to dance. And then she choose some people from the audience to dance in the background while she performed Blonde. (Still a bit upset that she picked me and yet the security lady didn't let me.)

When she sang ML for the first time she actually mixed up some lines but mistakes happen to everyone.

The last song was JPVA where she came down from the stage. I even touched her hand!

Then she left and the two presenters came back. They started talking and after a moment Alizée came back and asked if it would be ok to sing Moi Lolita one more time with the audience. And so she did.

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 09-09-2018 at 05:41 AM..
Old 09-09-2018, 10:07 AM

Thanks for sharing that with us Jenny. I feel so bad for you that she had chose you to come up on stage, but security wouldn't let you. You said she didn't dance much. Do you think that was because of the rain?
Old 09-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I love the pictures and videos, and thanks for the great post Jenny.

Alizee looked comfortable on stage and having a good time. The crowd was responsive. She took time to be with her fans. The woman has a heart of gold.

I guess all the speculating about a band and background dancers were answered. The instruments of the headliner band was already set up, so it makes sense that Alizee performed without a big stage show. Maybe the same for Mexico, or something more elaborate?

I thought her outfit was nice, although more conservative than what I anticipated. She didn't do anything outlandish with her hair and just let it be, which is a +1.

I'm still pinching myself. It's still hard to believe that she is singing again!

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 09-09-2018 at 02:36 PM..
Old 09-09-2018, 04:23 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Great to see her back.

Gerardo Pérez Vásquez shared a video.

https://www.facebook.com/gregoire.ly...2932018275073/
Old 09-09-2018, 05:17 PM

My 3 videos. Sadly the Gourmandises video from the rehearsal was blocked immediately so it's not online.

https://youtu.be/5DOh3V4CT1Q

https://youtu.be/0MUTdvxIsDc

https://youtu.be/hv1FCzGjeLA

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 09-09-2018 at 05:19 PM..