Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-19-2018, 08:26 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Let me ask you--- if Alizee was just your waitress, what effect would she have on you? Would the Lillly bug bite???
Remember, we have had a conversation about Alizee's facial features and the uniqueness of it that causes the initial attraction. Her personality traits and charms are like icing on the cake. Her performances, which both highlight her femininity and sexiness, blows it out of the water.

If she was a waitress at a place that I frequented, I would be instantly attracted to her even if I never spoke a word to her. She just has that look that I like, and the smile would kill me. If most every time I went in to eat at the Denny's, she was my waitress and have a chance to small talk her and get to know her a little better each time and all her charms were becoming revealed, you bet I would be crushing on her real hard. If she was young and single and I was young and single, I wouldn't want an opportunity to slip by.

Of course, Denny's waitresses don't wear a sailor suit and do the JEAM dance for the customers, so the extent of her sexiness would not come out in that atmosphere, but I think you would see flashes of it.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
The language barrier is definitely a problem. Even without the language problem, I think the situation would still be difficult unless you were relaxed, funny, and charming.
We have all had our moments where our best side comes out easily, even when among people we have never met. Except for the rare few who might be in positions of great power or sociopathic, being relaxed, funny, and charming when meeting strangers in all situations is not possible, in my opinion. You might get the same knot in the stomach feeling when meeting Alizee, Bill Gates, the cop that pulled you over for an unknown infraction, and so on. Scruffy had to overcome his greatest fears when walking into that studio, and hats off to him.

As far as Alizee herself, I'm sure she still struggles with being shy and timid, even though she has gotten better. I remember reading when her and Mylene would both sit in long silences and say nothing because both were shy. Somebody has to step up and be the ice breaker. When I imagine Alizee living her daily life in Ajaccio, she has to interact with the locals all the time, whether it be the salesperson at her favorite shoe store (which are many), or the checkout clerk at the grocery store. I'm certain she doesn't act like she's the Queen and everybody else are her serfs, but rather engages in small talk often.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-19-2018 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-20-2018, 05:42 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Remember, we have had a conversation about Alizee's facial features and the uniqueness of it that causes the initial attraction.
Let me go back for a moment--- if you don't mind--- to Alizee's facial features.

Previously we were talking about Julia; you said you thought Julia is in the top 10% of girls her age by looks. I said that I thought Julia is in the top 15% by looks.

Okay, what about Alizee???

Let's focus on the young Alizee--- the MFLB Alizee.

Looking at still photographs of the young Alizee--- what do you think??? Would you say that Alizee is in the top 20% of girls by looks? Top 15%? Top 10%? Top 5%? Top 1%? What do you think???

(My answer: based on how my brain reacts to Alizee, I would say that Alizee is in the top 1/4 of one percent by looks or something like that. But at the same time, its weird-- I'm not sure exactly what it is my brain is seeing.)
Old 12-20-2018, 10:38 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've done a lot of reflecting, a lot of soul searching on why Alizée means so much to me and us in the past few weeks, but unfortunately, because of my recent vacation, which has put me way behind on all the Christmas related stuff I have to do, I probably wont be able to say all I want to say until late next week at the earliest.

All I can say for now is as Neo was in the Matrix to his world, in our world........she is the one!

https://youtu.be/Vy7RaQUmOzE?t=174

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-20-2018 at 10:51 AM..
Old 12-20-2018, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Let me go back for a moment--- if you don't mind--- to Alizee's facial features.

Previously we were talking about Julia; you said you thought Julia is in the top 10% of girls her age by looks. I said that I thought Julia is in the top 15% by looks.

Okay, what about Alizee???

Let's focus on the young Alizee--- the MFLB Alizee.

Looking at still photographs of the young Alizee--- what do you think??? Would you say that Alizee is in the top 20% of girls by looks? Top 15%? Top 10%? Top 5%? Top 1%? What do you think???

(My answer: based on how my brain reacts to Alizee, I would say that Alizee is in the top 1/4 of one percent by looks or something like that. But at the same time, its weird-- I'm not sure exactly what it is my brain is seeing.)
I put Julia in the top 10% of the age group 18-25, not girls her age. I mentioned I felt Julia has matured enough at 17 to fit into that age range. In other words, she's not going to grow any more, and she will look at 18 like she does now.

With Alizee, the MF/LB Alizee, I have to treat the "girl" Alizee from the "woman" Alizee separately. As a 16 year old, she was extremely pretty, and even though I didn't like her hair short like she had it, I would put her in the top 2% of that age.

The latter half of her MF/LB years... totally different story. She was dazzling. Like from another planet beautiful. I haven't seen every woman in the world, but after over five decades I have seen a lot. She is no doubt the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. But as we talked about before, somebody else might not look twice at her. What I can say is that she causes a reaction in my brain like no other.

Scruffy cut out 10 seconds of her Eiffel Tower Performance and put it on YouTube. I call it the most beautiful 10 seconds on the Internet. It's not a still picture, but you can stop the video at any point and there would be your still. Looking at her here, there is absolutely nothing that I can see to improve her beauty. It's like perfect beauty. How can you even put that in a percentage?

Old 12-21-2018, 03:26 AM

Quote:
…………………………..Scruffy cut out 10 seconds of her Eiffel Tower Performance and put it on YouTube. I call it the most beautiful 10 seconds on the Internet. It's not a still picture, but you can stop the video at any point and there would be your still. Looking at her here, there is absolutely nothing that I can see to improve her beauty. It's like perfect beauty. How can you even put that in a percentage?

Those 10 seconds might be all the evidence we need to show why Julia can't bring to the world what Alizee did. There's such a sweetness, a gentleness in that look that you can't rehearse, you can't manufacture and near the end a look of embarrassment I think over what was going on in the audience.

Here too is another of those special moments where after one of her performances, the emcee is talking and shows some clips of other emcees around the world and how they introduce Alizee and at the end of it, they start playing ML and the crowd starts clapping along with this music and she get's this embarrassed look on her face with I think might be a characteristic of hers, a little head tilt at :08.

Here's a similar head tilt that's difficult to see unless you have a desktop monitor. It's at about the :08 mark. Its the reason I prefer this video over the great look of the Pour Laurette performance.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-21-2018 at 04:59 AM..
Old 12-21-2018, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Here's a similar head tilt that's difficult to see unless you have a desktop monitor. It's at about the :08 mark. Its the reason I prefer this video over the great look of the Pour Laurette performance.
I am partial to the JEAM Pour Laurette performance because that was my first Alizee video. So long ago, but still remember like it was yesterday.

Maybe part of the appeal is that Alizee has so much personality, it shows up on her face in various expressions that might only last a second, but they are so charming that it just hooks you.

The Tubes D'un Jour version of JEAM is her most popular. It's not my favorite, but there are 3 seconds in it which make the video. It's at the 3:04 mark, where she starts making her turn. She is looking back at the audience while she turns, then looks down and gives her hips an extra kick to the side like she means it. Then looks up and smiles. Super sexy.

Old 12-22-2018, 01:59 AM

Quote:
The latter half of her MF/LB years... totally different story. She was dazzling. Like from another planet beautiful. I haven't seen every woman in the world, but after over five decades I have seen a lot. She is no doubt the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. But as we talked about before, somebody else might not look twice at her. What I can say is that she causes a reaction in my brain like no other.

Scruffy cut out 10 seconds of her Eiffel Tower Performance and put it on YouTube. I call it the most beautiful 10 seconds on the Internet. It's not a still picture, but you can stop the video at any point and there would be your still. Looking at her here, there is absolutely nothing that I can see to improve her beauty. It's like perfect beauty. How can you even put that in a percentage?
I know what you mean about "perfect beauty"--- I see the same thing.

Let me ask you about the "girl next door" thing. People talk about Alizee having a "girl next door" look. You yourself said this earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Alizee to me seemed like the girl next door, and perhaps others see that as well. That familiarity could account for the instant attraction and the feeling that there is a sincerity in her that is unlike the others.

Here's my question for you:

Is "girl next door" something that can be seen in a still photograph, or is it some other quality?

When you look at a still frame from the Eiffel Tower video, do you see "girl next door"??
Old 12-22-2018, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Here's my question for you:

Is "girl next door" something that can be seen in a still photograph, or is it some other quality?

When you look at a still frame from the Eiffel Tower video, do you see "girl next door"??
I guess the best way to describe the "girl next door" is a girl who appeals to traditional gender norms, and has the allure of purity, simplicity, and charm, with a natural, effortless beauty.

In the Eiffel tower video, is she all of this? Definitely YES!
Old 12-23-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I guess the best way to describe the "girl next door" is a girl who appeals to traditional gender norms, and has the allure of purity, simplicity, and charm, with a natural, effortless beauty.

In the Eiffel tower video, is she all of this? Definitely YES!
Speaking of Alizee's face, do you have any thoughts as to what physical characteristics make Alizee's face so beautiful??? By characteristics, I mean in terms of facial structure (eyes, nose/mouth shape, that kind of thing.)

The characteristic that I keep coming back to is that Alizee--- again, I'm talking about the young Alizee-- is that she looks slightly like a boy.

I watch the various En Concert songs on a regular basis--- to me, she's absolutely beautiful there-- and I've convinced that the "boyishness" in her face is what gives Alizee her beauty.

No one would mistake Alizee for a boy--- her features are extremely feminine--- and yet at the same time, she vaguely resembles a boy. Do you know what I mean?

I'm not attracted to boys--- I'm just saying that the subtle boyishness in her face is beautiful, somehow. Its fascinating, visually stunning.

What are your thoughts on that?

What characteristics do you think make Alizee's face so incredibly beautiful???

Just wonder if you have any ideas. I really wish I understood what it is about Alizee's face.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:11 AM

Well I wasn't preparing this post in response to Mr Coucou's post, but it does somewhat address it.

In response to a post in another thread, I was revisiting her performance of Amelie m'a dit En Concert. It's a performance that doesn't get as much press as many of her other performances, maybe because the sexiness isn't built in for lack of a better term as it is in ML, JPVA and JEAM, but it's where her beauty shines through.

Of course Amelie is the fictional character from the movie of the same name about a waitress in Paris, who after hearing about the death of Princess Diana, decides to change her life by helping others. So it's a touching story. Audrey Tautou played the role of Amelie. The movie came out in 2001 and this song came out in 2003.

Julia has a hardness to her beauty, kind of like Cindy Crawford. Cindy is an extremely beautiful woman, but I always thought there was a hardness, a seriousness to her look that I thought this is not a happy go lucky girl. This is not a woman who is easy to amuse and I feel the same is probably true of Julia.

Alizée has such a happy go lucky, easy to please look to her, even if these three women were on the same level of beauty and actually they probably are, you would quickly choose Alizée.

That hardness that is 'seldom' evident in Alizée is what enables her to deliver such a touching performance as she did with Amelie m'a dit en concert.

Look at the beginning of this clip here, there is something in her expression, something in the way she moves her eyebrows that Cindy and Julia could never have achieved. It is so soft and beautiful, because the feeling that is being portrayed is something that is genuine inside this woman...
http://youtu.be/jU-aPr6xFSU?t=125

Look at this moment here, a moment I think we all know well. Alizée apparently laughs in response to a sign held up saying "You are beautiful". The line in the song says "I"m not beautiful.....it's an illusion." Cindy wouldn't have laughed and Julia I feel, wouldn't have laughed either.

http://youtu.be/jU-aPr6xFSU?t=88

Look at this still from that performance. It shows a young man mesmerized by Alizée. He could have been surrounded by a bevy of beautiful women, but I'm sure the only one he would have noticed was Alizée, because there is something
that sets her apart. There is a wolf in the background too.

affect.jpg

Of course this song had been rumored to have been her next single at the time, but apparently she had already made the decision to leave MF. If she hadn't, I think this song as opposed to her other English songs that weren't well translated by MF, would have been a hit and would have been her introduction into the U.S. market and she would have swept this country off it's feet.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-24-2018 at 06:16 AM..