Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-29-2020, 05:13 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

So…

IG posts?

Well, the local rural “net” here is having all sorts of problems, especially if it involves saving anything to any form of “cloud”, so, here are the few that I managed to “salvage”…

You’ve probably already seen them, but, who knows…

Still every bit as “stunning”, as she always has been…

And always will be…

Said it before, and will probably say it again, Greg IS, the luckiest damn guy in the world, and if the whole A&G thing did not “reek of karma”, I could find myself being quite jealous. But, "karma", is "karma", and "that’s, that", so “jealous”, nope, not even remotely…

Still adore her though, nothing, will ever change that…

Tiramisu! One of the “holiest”, of the “holy’s”…

Well, that got my attention…

“Tiramisu”, “Strawberries” and “Nutella”. Sounds… Very Sweet. Just like the “little lady”…

Hmm, she’d have to “demo” the “construction” of this, for me, and then we would have to run a “taste test”. Usual “protocols”, ladies first. Y’know me, “chivalry”, and “gallantry” are not quite dead, yet!?

“Sweetness” and “cuteness” personified, and “packaged” in a tiny little romper suit…

I just cant help but smile at these pics…

Y’all just be safe, ‘k…

Last edited by RedRafe; 03-29-2020 at 08:40 PM..
Old 03-30-2020, 10:53 PM
Neutral Good

Well…

It was one of these days, that the word “bad”, just doesn’t sufficiently cover…

And then, this IG post dropped…

Our dear, "little lady", and her tiniest little dear, deer…

<Ok, sorry, I really could not resist that one >

If this pic doesn’t make you smile, then you must be “dead”, or, even worse than that, “Scottish”…

It took a truly epicly bad day, “flipped” it over, and allowed just this little ray of “light”, in…

< Loads of “little waves” to bébé >

<A “salute”, and “nod of respect” the “little lady” >

<Waves at Alizée, too. Just can’t help it >

Y’all please be safe, stay indoors unless you really have to, and wear a “mask” or a “respirator” outside, if you really must go out, most especially if you are supposed to be “locked down”…

For if you don’t, and things get much worse, you might be seeing a lot of guys going around dressed like this…

Which would be… bad…

And even worse…

One of them could even be, if you were really, really unlucky…

Me…
Old 03-30-2020, 11:12 PM

24Shepherd24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post

What beautiful eyes. Where could she have found those?
Old 03-31-2020, 06:37 PM
Neutral Good

Well, speaking of “Deer”…

Here my very favourite, little one…

Ok, I’ll shut up now…

“Bambi”, be well, please take care, ‘k…

<Steps back into the shadows, where “Ark”, or “Conan Exiles” awaits. Staying isolated at home for 4 or 5 days>
Old 04-01-2020, 09:51 PM
Neutral Good

Remember what I said about Greg being lucky...

< >

“Un des points positifs du confinement” “avoir le temps de préparé de petits pot maison” roughly translates as “one of the positive points of containment” “have time to prepare homemade jars”

That looks really quite handy. I must admit, I’ve got a kitchen full of that kind of gadget, (and have never used most of them more than twice), and, if it wasn’t for my “food processor”, “Instapot”, and “Hello Fresh”, I’d be doomed to eating fast food for for the “rest of my natch”, which is probably a shameful thing to admit, but sometimes, time is my enemy, not my ally, and eating well is a "secondary consideration"...

You know how it goes…

Alizée, that looks most, absolutely… tasty…

<Would “survive" about 30 seconds, which, from me, is a great compliment>

“Je ñ ai jamais autant cuisine” roughly translates as “I have never cooked as much”...

It’s, unfortunately, one of the many “symptoms” and effects of being “confined”…

You get “bored”, “antsy”, “frustrated” and “hangry”, and end up making, and eating, a lot more food than you would ever normally think of, which is both a “good”, and, “bad” thing…

In the case of Alizée and Greg, between their business, at the studio, their daughters, and just their general “ordinary everyday” routine, they lead a very, no, utterly, busy life with very long, very hectic days, with very little time left for them, methinks, so, in a way, this “enforced confinement” may give them just a little time to “chill” and “regenerate”, in a lot of ways…

And if they put on a little weight due to Alizée’s “good home cooking”, well then, I get the feeling that they will burn it right back off again, really quickly…

So, there is that “word” again…

Tiramisu…

I checked out that link, and omigosh, it looks tasty. May even deserve the “ultimate accolade”… “Pure dead brilliant”…

As always, thank you, “little lady”…

If I had some real Strawberries, not canned, I’d be making a “Tiramisu trifle”, right now…

Which is about the last thing in the universe I need to be “stuffing into my face”, right now, but, the very… thought…

<Sigh>

“Stay home”

Right now, I have no choice, for I’ve got a mild dose of the Flu, despite wearing a mask all week, which is making me about as “popular as a fart in a Spacesuit”, with my employer, who expects me to be out there playing “viral Russian roulette”, with a bunch of dumbass “Okies”, sorry, “clients”, who refuse to stay indoors and obey any kind of “lockdown”, or “quarantine”, and instead are treating this all like it was some kind of huge party holiday week…

Absolutely unbelievable, they are “swarming” everywhere…

I quote, “Well, we were off work and so bored, so we just thought we would get out and about, get some paint, buy a new grill and get some shock for the pool, I mean, what else could we do with all that time”?

Hmm, let me see, stay at home like you are supposed to, and act like responsible adults, not spoiled, bratty children, and not spread a potentially fatal virus everywhere…

Mind you, this could be “natural selection” at work…

If you know what I mean…

Too stupid to survive…

So, y’all please stay indoors, wherever possible, if not for your own sake, for the sake of others, I would hate to hear of anything happening to any of you…

Especially you, or any of your family, “little lady”…

<That would upset me immensely >

So, stay indoors, please…

<I don’t ask these things, lightly>

<Steps back into the shadows, wanders off to find some Tylenol, look at Tiramisu recipes, and go play some more “Conan Exiles”>

Last edited by RedRafe; 04-01-2020 at 10:02 PM..
Old 04-03-2020, 07:15 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
“Je ñ ai jamais autant cuisine” roughly translates as “I have never cooked as much”...

It’s, unfortunately, one of the many “symptoms” and effects of being “confined”…

You get “bored”, “antsy”, “frustrated” and “hangry”, and end up making, and eating, a lot more food than you would ever normally think of, which is both a “good”, and, “bad” thing…

And if they put on a little weight due to Alizée’s “good home cooking”, well then, I get the feeling that they will burn it right back off again, really quickly…
"Stress eating" is pretty common, but especially now. People forget the salad and go right to the lasagna and pot roast and mashed potatoes.

One-third of the population eats out on any given day in the US, but now those who cannot boil water without burning it are being forced to cook. Some are afraid to even handle a piece of raw chicken, let alone know what to do with it (I have witnessed a few of these folks). By the time this all blows over, the culinary skills of the general population should greatly increase.

From what I have seen, Alizee seems to have very good cooking skills and enjoys it as well. I would be curious as to what her favorite dishes are that she prepares? Whatever they are, I would love to try anything that she cares to cook!
Old 04-03-2020, 08:23 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

From what I have seen, Alizee seems to have very good cooking skills and enjoys it as well. I would be curious as to what her favorite dishes are that she prepares? Whatever they are, I would love to try anything that she cares to cook!
Yesterday she cooked this:

It seems a potato gateau to me, but I'm not sure... Anyway, it's fairly inviting. :O_

And you can find the true meaning of "envy" in that phrase below the photo.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:45 PM
Neutral Good

Quote:
"Stress eating" is pretty common, but especially now. People forget the salad and go right to the lasagna and pot roast and mashed potatoes.
Egads…

Both “Lasagna” and “Pot roast and mashed potatoes” sound really good right now. Both “trump” a “Cheese and Salami Panini”, which is what I’m contemplating right now…

Quote:
She, most definitely, has “culinary skills”, along with everything else…

Hmm…

I wonder if she would consider “adopting” us…

We could do “chores”, and everything, and we wouldn’t take up much room, really…

‘n we wouldn’t eat much, really…

Ok, I’m “busted”, for that is a downright lie, for, if Alizée is as good a cook as I think she may be, it’d be hard for us not to just devour everything, in sight…

Oh well, it was such a nice thought…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Yesterday she cooked this:

It seems a potato gateau to me, but I'm not sure... Anyway, it's fairly inviting. :O_

And you can find the true meaning of "envy" in that phrase below the photo.
Not sure what it is, an Apple or Pear pie, maybe?

Hmm…

“Envy”, thy name is Aragorn, CleverCowboy, RedRafe, or pffttt, most of male humanity, maybe…

Actually, no “envy” here, for that pie was baked, with a very rare, very special ingredient in it, for a very special person in her life…

And do you know what that ingredient is??

Simple…

“Love”…

So that makes it a “very rare”, “very expensive” pie…

I do so hope he enjoyed it…

Now, I checked out the guy that she posted a link to, and he has a very nice IG site, with a lot of very cool videos and recipes on it. Worth checking out…

Now, today…

A very well done, very well presented Lemon meringue pie, I think…

Looks absolutely great…

Wonder which “route” she went, with regards to flavouring it...

Sweet topping, sweet filling, or, Sweet topping, tart filling…

Either way, it looks superb…

<Sigh>

Lucky Alizée, lucky Greg…

Think they both “earned”, each other…

G’night bébé…

<Snaps off a veritable “barrage” of “cutesy waves” to the tiny little little lady >

Sweet, sweet pic. I see nothing but love, and contentment there…

Please, y’all be safe…

STAY INDOORS…

Please…

Last edited by RedRafe; 04-03-2020 at 07:00 PM..
Old 04-03-2020, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I must admit, I’ve got a kitchen full of that kind of gadget, (and have never used most of them more than twice), and, if it wasn’t for my “food processor”, “Instapot”, and “Hello Fresh”...

Tiramisu…

I checked out that link, and omigosh, it looks tasty. May even deserve the “ultimate accolade”… “Pure dead brilliant”…
Hey RedRafe,
I just had to chime in. First, I tried “Hello Fresh” snd honestly, though the meals were very good, it was a lot more work than I’d expected. Practically like real cooking! I am impressed that you find it as convenient as an Instapot. You must have true cooking skills!
And tiramisu...ah yes. I discovered that dessert some years ago and it is indeed wonderful! But I haven’t had it in ages, so now here I am wondering where I can get some good tiramisu in my neck of the woods...
Old 04-04-2020, 05:33 PM
Neutral Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Hey RedRafe,
I just had to chime in. First, I tried “Hello Fresh” snd honestly, though the meals were very good, it was a lot more work than I’d expected. Practically like real cooking! I am impressed that you find it as convenient as an Instapot. You must have true cooking skills!
And tiramisu...ah yes. I discovered that dessert some years ago and it is indeed wonderful! But I haven’t had it in ages, so now here I am wondering where I can get some good tiramisu in my neck of the woods...
Hey Bamagirl…

The “Hello Fresh” meals do take a wee bit of work, to be honest, for, if you look at it, you really are “cooking” pretty much from “scratch”, just with all of the ingredients provided for you in relevant quantities…

Average time for me to produce one of their meals, from “opening the bag” to “plating it up”, and “putting it on the table” is about 35 minutes, 40 minutes, top, which is pretty fast. You get into the “zen” of how they want you to prepare a meal, and it becomes almost second nature, which helps with timing…

The most time consuming aspect of their stuff is the “prep work”, with the vegetables and such, but, if you have decent “knife handling skills”, as in “chopping” and “dicing”, etc, it helps, immensely.

The recipe selection is not bad, the portion sizes are adequate, (just about), and, most importantly, I don’t have to go grocery shopping, (hate going shopping for groceries), or keep a huge stock of seasonings and condiments stashed somewhere, which takes up a lot of storage space…

For me, it’s… convenient…

Now, “cooking skills”, I learned my “cooking” and “food prep” skills early in life, for one of my relatives had his own restaurant, and this was a very good source of pocket money, for a usually very “skint” teenager, and, I will admit, I can cook, not to “foodie/pro” level, for, to be honest, food does not really interest me that much, (being ex-military, “food” was regarded simply as being “fuel”, that you consumed “quickly” and “efficiently”, and moved on), but, I can “knock you out” anything from a simple Sandwich, to a fifty course Medieval banquet, if required…

Though I must admit, my own preferences are usually for the “simpler” things, in life. I’m probably what you would call a “meat and ‘taters” kind of guy…

Now, Tiramisu…

I usually get “gifted” some of the “authentic” stuff from a good friend of mine at “high days”, and “Holy days”, such as Easter and Christmas, if you know what I mean, and it’s just totally “epic”, but I make a pretty good version of it myself, using a mixture of “Disaronno”, “Tia Maria”, and good old “Dark Rum”, as flavourings...

Authentic, weeelll, as close as I can get to it, and it must be good, for a huge tray of it usually gone in under 5 minutes…

So today…

Apple and Pear Crumble…

Now this one surprised me, ‘cos I didn’t know the “Frenchies” did this one, for it is so very “British”. It’s kind of one of the staple British Autumn/winter desserts…

Simple, quick and just delicious. It’s wonderful “as is”, but get yourself some “single” Cream, Vanilla Ice cream, or, good old Britsh Custard, and…

Yeah Baby, yeaaaahh…

Ooops…

Is really nice…

I’d be on my hands and knees beside them, asking, d’you think it’s ready yet??

Oh my lord, that is probably the cutest pic that I’ve seen all year…

Really can’t help but smile at that one…

Lucky lucky guy…

Annnnndddd, he gets “cake”, or whatever it is in the oven…

This little one has the right idea. Catch a Sunbeam and sleep all of this through…

Life, will kind of get to seem like that, right now, but, it’s far preferable than the possible alternative, if you don’t stay indoors, and shelter in place…

Y’all be safe, guys…

Please…