Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2020, 08:25 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road
Default How do I introduce friends to Alizée?

Been thinking a lot about this so thought I'd talk about it here.

Simply based on chance it's unlikely anyone I know at school is familiar with Alizée, and if they are I'd like to know who if so, maybe that's a bit strange but it'd be a great thing to bond over.
Anyway, I've been considering different ways of sharing her music or letting people know about her, but it's very difficult trying to think of how to go about doing so. How can I get people genuinely interested without it coming off as unnecessarily forced, or me being overly obsessed (which might be true but they don't need to know that yet )

Messaging people about her may be the most direct way to do it, but then in that case it should come up naturally in conversation and I'm not exactly being flooded with DMs.
I could mention it in person but who knows if they'll care to remember, which is understandable as it's a very random thing to bring up.
If I indirectly made in known, maybe someone sees her as my wallpaper and asks "who's that?", I kinda have to awkwardly explain it in the middle of class
The last thing I need is for it to become something people tease me about. Even if it's just friendly banter which it likely would be (my school's pretty laid back and people generally get along well), people might not take it seriously if I asked they actually listen to her music, or watch a certain video etc.

I wanna see if there's anyone who actually has the same reaction to her stuff, who shows genuine interest, but maybe that's impossible no matter how I go about it. There's obviously a 'wow' factor about her that only some people will find, we've all been lucky enough here to pick up on it, but not everyone will, it's just kinda random who does get it.
Maybe I should just own it, wallpapers, stickers, merch, make it a whole thing, at least people will know her name, but then I may have to explain it to my parents or family members and that's a whole other can of worms

Perhaps it's best if I keep it to myself, but that wouldn't feel right. If just one person I know has the same reaction to her stuff I did, I know how significant that is and don't want to take that away from anyone

So, what do I do?

Tags
family, friends, music, people, school