Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-10-2020, 07:22 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post
I wish there was some way to let her know about some of these thoughts and wishes we're having. She's clearly not blind to the fact people still want to see her sing and who knows what's been going on or at least been talked about that we don't know of. I'd still be nice.
I think she is well aware that her fans want to hear her sing again.

After the birth of Maggy, it could have been a perfect time for Alizee to fade out of public view and live a quiet, private life. Instead, she has become increasingly active on social media. She was a new mom, so at first the posts and stories were all about Maggy, but now she is posting about different things.

Now either Alizee is bored being stuck at home all the time with the dance studio still closed and she is posting so much because of the boredom, or she is staying visible because "something" is planned for the future and doesn't want to disconnect from fans.

I keep clinging to a little bit of hope that she will sing again.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:39 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Maybe a little bit of everything...

Me too.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:47 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I think she is well aware that her fans want to hear her sing again.

After the birth of Maggy, it could have been a perfect time for Alizee to fade out of public view and live a quiet, private life. Instead, she has become increasingly active on social media. She was a new mom, so at first the posts and stories were all about Maggy, but now she is posting about different things.

Now either Alizee is bored being stuck at home all the time with the dance studio still closed and she is posting so much because of the boredom, or she is staying visible because "something" is planned for the future and doesn't want to disconnect from fans.

I keep clinging to a little bit of hope that she will sing again.
If your theory about the Instagram posts is true, what she posts when the studio is back up and running could be a big indicator of what's to come. Right now it's hard to tell.
In terms of singing again, it's anyone's guess. Imagine the scenes if she ever did announce new music, fans would go nuts! Maybe I shouldn't entertain that idea, only being set up for disappointment if it doesn't happen
Old 08-10-2020, 07:59 AM

That's probably a part of being an Alizée Fan in 2020. I wouldn't even know what to do out of joy if she'd ever announce a return to music.

By the way, has there been any indicator on when the Studio will reopen? How are things down in Ajaccio? I mean it could be well into next year before things get back to normal.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 08-10-2020 at 08:12 AM..
Old 08-10-2020, 08:47 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's probably a part of being an Alizée Fan in 2020. I wouldn't even know what to do out of joy if she'd ever announce a return to music.
Would be fantastic to see what people would make in celebration of such a thing. Video edits, fan art, remixes, theories, the whole lot. I'd certainly take part if I'm still part of this fandom if that time comes, but maybe if that time ever passed, I and many others here might've moved on for whatever reason.
If anyone here ever sees me go on a long hiatus one day without explanation, be sure to send me an email or message on Instagram to get in touch. I have no plans to leave of course, but life can throw some real curb-balls, just in case.

Quote:
By the way, has there been any indicator on when the Studio will reopen? How are things down in Ajaccio? I mean it could be well into next year before things get back to normal.
Not looking too good at the moment

https://www.corsenetinfos.corsica/Co...cs_a51570.html

Masks are being made mandatory in certain public spaces, I suspect other restrictions are being brought in or re-introduced.

https://news.google.com/covid19/map?...=%2Fm%2F0f8l9c

Seems to have been a spike in France the last few days. Chances are the spike wouldn't have been in Corsica, but they'll want to keep guidelines and enforcement consistent so better safe than sorry I suppose.
I'd say no one at the moment knows when things will get back to 'normal'. Maybe I'm recalling this wrong, but weren't there some posts on Alizee's story a few weeks ago with her and Maggy at the studio? They would've been there alone of course, probably just dropping in to do some maintenance or pick up/drop off some things.

Anyway, right now it's looking like at least a couple of months until a full return, as you said possibly into next year. I had mentioned the idea of an autograph session or fan meet up to coincide with the Vinyl releases, but such an event would have to wait or be cancelled entirely if the pandemic goes on long enough.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I checked the Corsica news site this morning. By the way, the new Edge browser has a built-in translator that automatically translates all the words on a web page to your native language. Pretty slick.

As far as I know, there are no dates out there on the re-opening of the studio. I did see on the news site that several upcoming festivals in Ajaccio have been canceled. All indications are that any gatherings that are non-essential are still not allowed. This probably would apply to dance studios in general all over France, not just A&G.

It is anybody's guess when things will get back to normal. So far the covid outbreak has been unpredictable. I think the more time that passes, what is considered "normal" will become much different than how we think about it now. I do wonder how the dance classes will change once the dance studio will be allowed to re-open? Will they lose a significant portion of their students? I'm sure Alizee and Greg think about that every day.

Is there a way for musicians to collaborate to make music using an app that allows them to be at different locations? I don't know for sure, but there has to be something like this out there. Alizee could conceivably make an album without leaving Corsica.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Would be fantastic to see what people would make in celebration of such a thing. Video edits, fan art, remixes, theories, the whole lot. I'd certainly take part if I'm still part of this fandom if that time comes, but maybe if that time ever passed, I and many others here might've moved on for whatever reason.
If anyone here ever sees me go on a long hiatus one day without explanation, be sure to send me an email or message on Instagram to get in touch. I have no plans to leave of course, but life can throw some real curb-balls, just in case.
There is no cure for the Lili Bug. No vaccine. You can run but you can never hide.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 08-10-2020 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-10-2020, 10:13 AM

Well there is a Music Software called "Logic Pro", used to record and engineer vocals. I'm sure there are plenty others too. All she needs then is someone to write Lyrics and someone to produce the Music itself, Arrangements and so on. But would she go all out like this?

And she'd have to learn how to use it.

Only reason I know of this is because Australian Singer Kylie Minogue has reportedly used this Software to complete work on her next Album. This is no offense to Alizée of course but she never seemed to be the self-Initiative Type to me in this Departement. Not unless it was something small in scale. Is there a recording Studio of sorts down on Corsica? That would make more sense to me If there was someone else doing the work and they could still work under the current safety guidelines.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 08-10-2020 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-10-2020, 10:21 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
................As far as I know, there are no dates out there on the re-opening of the studio. I did see on the news site that several upcoming festivals in Ajaccio have been canceled. All indications are that any gatherings that are non-essential are still not allowed. This probably would apply to dance studios in general all over France, not just A&G.

It is anybody's guess when things will get back to normal. ................
This makes you kind of wonder about their financial situation again. They have what looks to be an expensive new home. They have the studio which is probably a big rent payment with no income coming in? Is the house all paid for? Does it matter to them financially if the studio stays closed for months more? They also have to worry about the financial security of Maggy and Annily.

So if there finances are a concern, what options do they have? Dancing wise, there's probably little out there, but of course Alizée is still a chanteuse. They have these vinyl records coming out in December. I have to think that initially this plan was not designed to be a big money maker. Maybe it was intended to please her devoted fans and keep her in the lime light, but now things have changed. Now maybe they'll try and find a way to make what happens in December a money maker. How? Well we have Mylene Farmer, restricted in her travels like everyone else. What would a gifted song writer do in all this spare time? Do the math!
Old 08-10-2020, 10:50 AM

I bet Mylène will write a Song about the Worlds current state and I'd just love to hear it.

Question is If they'll work together again and who can make it happen? So far I haven't heard any rumors suggesting anything like this but both seem to be pretty good at keeping things under wraps.

I know this may sound like a bad thing to say but the situation you're describing would be the ideal one to potentially cause her to work on new music. Only problem is that in this scenario, Alizée would need Mylène more than the other way around. So, would she ask for it? Mylène comes right off of Julia's disappointing commercial performance. Would she go back to working with Alizée because of it? That in part depends on how commited Alizée actually is to continue her career.

Edit:

It's pretty difficult to assess just how well Alizée is doing financially. I think i've read a thread here somewhere where members talked about this topic before.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 08-10-2020 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-10-2020, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Only reason I know of this is because Australian Singer Kylie Minogue has reportedly used this Software to complete work on her next Album. This is no offense to Alizée of course but she never seemed to be the self-Initiative Type to me in this Departement. Not unless it was something small in scale.
In a 2007 interview, Alizee said that her family always came to her with their computer questions and problems. I'm not sure what this means. How to install an app? Helping fix an iPod problem? Most certainly a professional grade recording studio software suite would require a great deal of training, let alone a very steep cost. This would be something a recording studio would invest in, and attend training provided by the manufacturer. This is not something that Alizee would be able to learn in her spare time when she is not taking care of her family.