Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-10-2020, 09:57 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post
By the way, has there been any indicator on when the Studio will reopen? How are things down in Ajaccio? I mean it could be well into next year before things get back to normal.
I checked the Corsica news site this morning. By the way, the new Edge browser has a built-in translator that automatically translates all the words on a web page to your native language. Pretty slick.

As far as I know, there are no dates out there on the re-opening of the studio. I did see on the news site that several upcoming festivals in Ajaccio have been canceled. All indications are that any gatherings that are non-essential are still not allowed. This probably would apply to dance studios in general all over France, not just A&G.

It is anybody's guess when things will get back to normal. So far the covid outbreak has been unpredictable. I think the more time that passes, what is considered "normal" will become much different than how we think about it now. I do wonder how the dance classes will change once the dance studio will be allowed to re-open? Will they lose a significant portion of their students? I'm sure Alizee and Greg think about that every day.

Is there a way for musicians to collaborate to make music using an app that allows them to be at different locations? I don't know for sure, but there has to be something like this out there. Alizee could conceivably make an album without leaving Corsica.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Would be fantastic to see what people would make in celebration of such a thing. Video edits, fan art, remixes, theories, the whole lot. I'd certainly take part if I'm still part of this fandom if that time comes, but maybe if that time ever passed, I and many others here might've moved on for whatever reason.
If anyone here ever sees me go on a long hiatus one day without explanation, be sure to send me an email or message on Instagram to get in touch. I have no plans to leave of course, but life can throw some real curb-balls, just in case.
There is no cure for the Lili Bug. No vaccine. You can run but you can never hide.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 08-10-2020 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-10-2020, 10:21 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
................As far as I know, there are no dates out there on the re-opening of the studio. I did see on the news site that several upcoming festivals in Ajaccio have been canceled. All indications are that any gatherings that are non-essential are still not allowed. This probably would apply to dance studios in general all over France, not just A&G.

It is anybody's guess when things will get back to normal. ................
This makes you kind of wonder about their financial situation again. They have what looks to be an expensive new home. They have the studio which is probably a big rent payment with no income coming in? Is the house all paid for? Does it matter to them financially if the studio stays closed for months more? They also have to worry about the financial security of Maggy and Annily.

So if there finances are a concern, what options do they have? Dancing wise, there's probably little out there, but of course Alizée is still a chanteuse. They have these vinyl records coming out in December. I have to think that initially this plan was not designed to be a big money maker. Maybe it was intended to please her devoted fans and keep her in the lime light, but now things have changed. Now maybe they'll try and find a way to make what happens in December a money maker. How? Well we have Mylene Farmer, restricted in her travels like everyone else. What would a gifted song writer do in all this spare time? Do the math!
Old 08-10-2020, 11:40 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
This makes you kind of wonder about their financial situation again. They have what looks to be an expensive new home. They have the studio which is probably a big rent payment with no income coming in? Is the house all paid for? Does it matter to them financially if the studio stays closed for months more? They also have to worry about the financial security of Maggy and Annily.

So if there finances are a concern, what options do they have? Dancing wise, there's probably little out there, but of course Alizée is still a chanteuse. They have these vinyl records coming out in December. I have to think that initially this plan was not designed to be a big money maker. Maybe it was intended to please her devoted fans and keep her in the lime light, but now things have changed. Now maybe they'll try and find a way to make what happens in December a money maker. How? Well we have Mylene Farmer, restricted in her travels like everyone else. What would a gifted song writer do in all this spare time? Do the math!
I've wondered all these things as well. Alizee and Greg bought a very nice house, but I don't think it's extravagant. They have an expanding family and two dogs, so they wanted to have some space and not be cooped up in an apartment.

While everything surrounding Alizee's first marriage was premature and rushed, her marriage to Greg shows a more calculated Alizee. They didn't rush into marriage. They didn't have Maggy until they felt it was the right time, which I think would be the dance studio becoming established. They most likely bought the house knowing that, at that time, their income would support the mortgage payment and taxes and the rest of the joys of home ownership.

Then BAM, everything shuts down and that has to hurt.

I'm not sure who will benefit more from the vinyls, Alizee or Mylene, but I'm thinking Mylene would the most.

I do think if there is any time for Alizee to collaborate with Mylene on a new album, this is probably the best chance in the last five years.