Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-10-2020, 11:21 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
In a 2007 interview, Alizee said that her family always came to her with their computer questions and problems. I'm not sure what this means. How to install an app? Helping fix an iPod problem? Most certainly a professional grade recording studio software suite would require a great deal of training, let alone a very steep cost. This would be something a recording studio would invest in, and attend training provided by the manufacturer. This is not something that Alizee would be able to learn in her spare time when she is not taking care of her family.
Yeah, same page. I think we can safely rule this out.

Maybe ScruffyDog is right and she'll reconsider her currently chosen profession to cover financial needs and expenses. Or maybe they've been slowly working on something all along and we just don't know. Time will tell but I'm guessing the Vinyls releasing later this year could be an indicator of what's to come.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:40 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
This makes you kind of wonder about their financial situation again. They have what looks to be an expensive new home. They have the studio which is probably a big rent payment with no income coming in? Is the house all paid for? Does it matter to them financially if the studio stays closed for months more? They also have to worry about the financial security of Maggy and Annily.

So if there finances are a concern, what options do they have? Dancing wise, there's probably little out there, but of course Alizée is still a chanteuse. They have these vinyl records coming out in December. I have to think that initially this plan was not designed to be a big money maker. Maybe it was intended to please her devoted fans and keep her in the lime light, but now things have changed. Now maybe they'll try and find a way to make what happens in December a money maker. How? Well we have Mylene Farmer, restricted in her travels like everyone else. What would a gifted song writer do in all this spare time? Do the math!
I've wondered all these things as well. Alizee and Greg bought a very nice house, but I don't think it's extravagant. They have an expanding family and two dogs, so they wanted to have some space and not be cooped up in an apartment.

While everything surrounding Alizee's first marriage was premature and rushed, her marriage to Greg shows a more calculated Alizee. They didn't rush into marriage. They didn't have Maggy until they felt it was the right time, which I think would be the dance studio becoming established. They most likely bought the house knowing that, at that time, their income would support the mortgage payment and taxes and the rest of the joys of home ownership.

Then BAM, everything shuts down and that has to hurt.

I'm not sure who will benefit more from the vinyls, Alizee or Mylene, but I'm thinking Mylene would the most.

I do think if there is any time for Alizee to collaborate with Mylene on a new album, this is probably the best chance in the last five years.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:00 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post
T

By the way, has there been any indicator on when the Studio will reopen? How are things down in Ajaccio? I mean it could be well into next year before things get back to normal.
I was thinking that the studio should open in September or October: the virus may come back stronger a cause de l'automne and people will be less likely to let their children go to a dance studio if they wait longer. That would lead to opening the studio in 2021, I think.
But it depends on how the pandemic evolves: they can even open the studio in September but, if the situation gets worse, they will have to close everything again. So it's difficult to predict the matter. Things will probably start to get back to normal when the vaccine is ready... They can't wait so long.

I hope she doesn't rush into the making of another album only because of boredom and money. As some of you said, she is more conscious and careful now; also, to work on a new album would probably upset her life balance. So I suppose she will think a lot about the matter.
I like the idea of a "greatest hits" album with 1-2 new songs. This may be the "easiest" way to come back to music, I guess...? Maybe "Alizée ft Mylene" may be a good promotion idea.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:05 PM

I think it was said on Instagram that they plan to re-open the Studio as soon as they're allowed to have all the Students back at once, so yeah next year seems to be the most plausible choice.

I'm glad you're with me on this idea of a Best of Album. I had it because Mylène had been doing the same in 2001, 2011 and now 2021 as well, at least that's the rumor. Always with a batch of new songs to come along with it. Why not do the same for Alizée?

Funnily, i've mentioned the idea of a Mylène Farmer / Alizée Duet at least twice here before. It's not even an unlikely idea and Alizée could greatly benefit from it.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:23 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I was thinking that the studio should open in September or October: the virus may come back stronger a cause de l'automne and people will be less likely to let their children go to a dance studio if they wait longer. That would lead to opening the studio in 2021, I think.
But it depends on how the pandemic evolves: they can even open the studio in September but, if the situation gets worse, they will have to close everything again. So it's difficult to predict the matter. Things will probably start to get back to normal when the vaccine is ready... They can't wait so long.
Most of the students are children. Parents sending their kids to dance school would probably be considered a luxury unless they are financially well off or the child wants to pursue a dancing career. Corsica is one of the poorest parts of France with 20% poverty rate and over 10% unemployment. That was the number before Covid. Who knows how much worse it is now? If a family is struggling to make ends meet, dance classes are one of the first things to cut.

So if the studio should open in September or October, how many parents would send their kids to classes? A&G might be viewed as being reckless by opening too soon. Waiting until 2021 could be just as bad as far as retaining students. The kids find new interests and no longer interested in dancing or don't want to start over again.

Edit:

Quote:
Funnily, i've mentioned the idea of a Mylène Farmer / Alizée Duet at least twice here before. It's not even an unlikely idea and Alizée could greatly benefit from it.
I think this might work but I don't know much about what Mylene's ego is like. She might not want to share the spotlight.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 08-10-2020 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-10-2020, 02:27 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Rien View Post
...and 99 Luftballons please.

My man, yes!! That cover/remix is next level. If only her live vocals matched it at the time. A studio version of this would be amazing. I also would love to get a hamburger sweatshirt like the one the DJ wears
Old 08-10-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:

I'm glad you're with me on this idea of a Best of Album. I had it because Mylène had been doing the same in 2001, 2011 and now 2021 as well, at least that's the rumor. Always with a batch of new songs to come along with it. Why not do the same for Alizée?

Yeah, I think this album would be great because it is usually the first think I look for when I find a new singer I like (this way you find the best songs at once with no effort); and, also, when I know many songs of an artist, I make a 80-minutes cd with all my favourite songs to put in the car, that is basically a Best of. I guess other people do similar things. Moreover, it is likely that a new fan or a long term fan who don't own any of her albums would buy something like that as the first purchase.
And, obviously a couple of new songs would be a great boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Most of the students are children. Parents sending their kids to dance school would probably be considered a luxury unless they are financially well off or the child wants to pursue a dancing career. Corsica is one of the poorest parts of France with 20% poverty rate and over 10% unemployment. That was the number before Covid. Who knows how much worse it is now? If a family is struggling to make ends meet, dance classes are one of the first things to cut.

So if the studio should open in September or October, how many parents would send their kids to classes? A&G might be viewed as being reckless by opening too soon. Waiting until 2021 could be just as bad as far as retaining students. The kids find new interests and no longer interested in dancing or don't want to start over again.
Yes, it is not easy.
Alizée and Grégoire don't seem to be at risk (financially), though. I hope they are as relaxed as it seems.

Anyway, A&G students seem to be very attached to them and, also, the studio is probably the most famous one in Corsica, so they should be the first choice, I suppose. From this perspective they should have a good advantage on competition.

I took a look at Greg's father's studio social accounts for some info, but they haven't posted anything for months... It is probably closed, too. All is quiet :/

Quote:
I think this might work but I don't know much about what Mylene's ego is like. She might not want to share the spotlight
I don't know about Mylene's ego, but I have always found "suspicious" that there aren't many photos of her with Alizée (and Julia, too?). Or am I missing anything? Maybe she wants to keep a certain aura of mystery and superiority...?
But lately new photos of this kind have been shared by Alizée and Julia, I guess (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...&postcount=192).
Is there anything going on behind the scenes?

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-10-2020 at 04:59 PM..
Old 08-10-2020, 05:08 PM

Alex Rien is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I don't know about Mylene's ego, but I have always found "suspicious" that there aren't many photos of her with Alizée (and Julia, too?). Or am I missing anything? Maybe she wants to keep a certain aura of mystery and superiority...?
superiority...?

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...6&postcount=25
Old 08-10-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Rien View Post
I used the wrong word. I know she respects Alizée and Julia.
I meant that maybe she wants to be out of sight, like an intangible being. There are some artists that use this kind of communication.
But, anyway, these are just theories, I don't know much about Mylene (that's why I wrote "...?" and I keep saying "maybe").

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-10-2020 at 05:25 PM..
Old 08-10-2020, 05:37 PM

I imagine that the photos were released with Mylène's consent or may even have been provided by her.