Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-15-2020, 07:55 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Good find Ben.Daly. This does make it look like it's just a straight release of those 2 albums with no additional songs, no greatest hits but it's something and could get the ball rolling again. If it does well enough, maybe there could be an autograph session in Paris or maybe even a concert? Of course were still dealing with Covid-19 which could put a damper on that.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:42 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post
Thank you very much for this information!

I'm assuming it's the second option. That link you provided has a .store in it, so maybe they'll ship worldwide? Otherwise amazon.fr or fnac.com are always options.
Hopefully they've accounted for postage times. The release of the 11th would suggest they've allowed a 2 week buffer zone before Christmas which should be enough for most places, though not all. They can be pre-ordered in advance, but to prevent people getting the Vinyls before the 11th I suspect they likely won't ship out until that day.

Quote:
If pre-orders start at the end of the month, Alizée should put this info out on her Instagram within the next two weeks. I'm looking forward so much to this right now.

Btw... Always great to see the RP Logo in that press release. Any connection to a MF owned company is better than none at all.
I suspect Alizée will probably make an announcement when they're available for purchase.

The Anaphore Music website put up this picture below in HD, which wasn't previously available as such I believe. Perhaps they'll continue to tease new or HD pictures over the coming months to help get fans excited for the release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Good find Ben.Daly. This does make it look like it's just a straight release of those 2 albums with no additional songs, no greatest hits but it's something and could get the ball rolling again.
The news was all over the fan accounts, I was thinking someone might've put this news up earlier but it hadn't, so I just put it up myself

If the sales are good enough you'd expect Vinyl releases of the later albums to be at least considered, or perhaps something beyond that entirely. But anyway, we've had that conversation of new music plenty of times, and I've only been here a few months, for now I'm just excited about these Vinyls!

Quote:
If it does well enough, maybe there could be an autograph session in Paris or maybe even a concert? Of course were still dealing with Covid-19 which could put a damper on that.
Concert is a big stretch, many concerts in the past have been cancelled even when Alizée was with all due respect, much more relevant than today. The Vinyls are good because fans from all over can take part, she knows there's an international market there.
Crazier things have happened but a concert seems too far fetched at the moment, even if the Vinyls do really well. But who knows, guess we'll find out

And about the autograph session, Scruffy. If it were to happen, either later this year of next year, would you be likely to go? I suppose 'yes' given you've done so several times before and are able to get a lot of things signed for other fans, is that something you think you'd do again in post-Covid circumstances?
Old 08-21-2020, 10:49 AM

Looks like Anaphore Music have dropped another photo on the occasion of Alizée's birthday

Gorgeous
Old 08-25-2020, 03:59 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

I've reached out to Anaphore Music and according to them the Vinyls will be sold exclusively on their Website.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 08-25-2020 at 04:14 AM..
Old 08-25-2020, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
..........................And about the autograph session, Scruffy. If it were to happen, either later this year of next year, would you be likely to go? I suppose 'yes' given you've done so several times before and are able to get a lot of things signed for other fans, is that something you think you'd do again in post-Covid circumstances?
Unfortunately that's probably unlikely to happen, but if it does I'll try my best to be there. A lot depends on if my travel benefits might be affected by Covid-19. If there isn't an autograph session, I'd still like to make another trip to Ajaccio, hopefully at a time when Alizée will feel it's safe to greet visitors from across the pond.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-25-2020 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-25-2020, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Here is a new article about the vinyl discs that will be coming later this year.

Alizée: her first two albums will be released on vinyl on December 11

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-114838.html

Translation

Nostalgia session for Alizée fans. Her first two albums "Gourmandises" and "My Electric Currents", written by Mylène Farmer, will be released on vinyl for the first time on December 11th via the Anaphore Music label.
Play Alizée
on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad)

Time flies for Alizée! It has been 20 years since the singer revealed herself to the public with her hit "Moi ... Lolita" , a real hit throughout Europe, which has sold more than 2 million copies including 1.2 million in France alone. A success which continued with the box of his first two albums "Gourmandises" and "My electric currents" sold respectively to 800,000 and 400,000 copies. Two records, concocted by the Mylène Farmer / Laurent Boutonnat tandem , which will be released for the first time on vinyl . "20 years of career, 20 years of meetings, 20 years of incredible memories. Thank you for your many messages for this lovely anniversary. This day is therefore dedicated to "Me Lolita", relive the memories linked to this song with me! Thank you to all the fans who have found I do not know how many archives ”recently announced the singer on her social networks to celebrate this particular event .

Released on December 11!

A nice gift for fans of Alizée and Mylène Farmer , which has just been confirmed by Anaphore Music. It is on this sub-division of the independent label The Omega Productions Records that will be released on December 11, "Gourmandises" and "My Electric Currents" in vinyl version for the first time. The opportunity for the nostalgic to dive back into these first two albums, which contained the singles "Moi Lolita" but also "L'Alizé" or "J'en ai marre!" and "I'm not 20". "It is an honor to offer you for the first time on vinyl the first two albums of Alizée, so awaited by the fans. The creation of Anaphore Music will be an opportunity to diversify ourselves and thus offer our skills beyond the regions of film music that we cherish so much ”, welcomes Lucas Giorgini, head of the two labels. Note that The Omega Productions recently released on vinyl, and in a limited box set, the soundtrack of the film "Giorgino" by Laurent Boutonnat with Mylène Farmer in the lead role. Notice to fans, Alizée vinyl pre-orders will take place at the end of August.

magazine article alizee 20.jpg
Old 08-25-2020, 10:15 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I've reached out to Anaphore Music and according to them the Vinyls will be sold exclusively on their Website.
Good information. Thanks.

So, does anybody plan on purchasing the vinyls?

When I was younger, I used to have 3 1/2 album crates stuffed with vinyls. It was quite a music collection but was really a hassle storing them and moving them. I had a great stereo system to go along with it. I eventually converted everything to digital and imported the songs into iTunes, sold my turntable and the over-sized stereo components, and bought a Sonos system. I sold and gave my vinyls away.

Now, years later, I really regret that I did that.

I miss the sound quality of vinyl. I have been picking up some vinyl records at second hand music stores the last few years. I still have a turntable to buy. I will probably buy the Alizee albums. Whether I actually play them or just leave them in mint condition is yet to be seen.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
And now we have a date!

Just in time to make them a Christmas present to myself.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 08-25-2020 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-25-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Good information. Thanks.

So, does anybody plan on purchasing the vinyls?
I'll definitely buy them. I don't know if I'll ever play them, but I will buy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Here is a new article about the vinyl discs that will be coming later this year.

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-114838.html

Attachment 3142
Great find Bamagirl. I hope this is an indication along with the PurePeople article you also posted today and the Telestar article, that now that she's showing some signs of life career wise, maybe more publicity will follow and that's a very good thing.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-25-2020 at 07:46 PM..
Old 08-25-2020, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll definitely buy them. I don't know if I'll ever play them, but I will buy them.
Me too! I still have all my old vinyl. I’d love to add these to my collection! They’d be particularly special, since I’d appreciate them so much more than I originally appreciated my records.

Quote:

Great find Bamagirl. I hope this is an indication along with the PurePeople article you also posted today and the Telestar article, that now that she's showing some signs of life career wise, maybe more publicity will follow and that's a very good thing.
Thanks! I hope so...I hope she’s getting plenty of positive feedback on these from lots of quarters.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Rien View Post
Details about the pre-order from Anaphore's Facebook:

Anaphore Music is pleased to announce the opening of pre-orders on Sunday, August 30th at 10 pm, exclusively via www.anaphoremusic.store.

We unveil the visuals of Alizée's first two albums, GOURMANDISES and MES COURANTS ÉLECTRIQUES..., first released on vinyl.

Each edition will feature a gatefold cover + a 4 page booklet, and will be offered at the price of 24,99 euros.

��... and in order to celebrate the 20th anniversary of ′′ Moi... Lolita ", a box set limited to 2000 copies entitled ALIZÉE and including 6 vinyl + a luxurious 36 page booklet will also be offered for pre-order at the price of 149,99 euros.

-----------

Not too much surprising for the standard Vinyl releases, as speculated they'll cost the 25 euros. Will be interesting to see what's included in the 4-page booklets, especially if there's any new photos or pieces of information included.

But then, that box set release
6 Vinyls, 3 from each album based on the picture. Maybe for each album, 1 vinyl is the full album, then the other 2 are singles from the album? Moi Lolita and one of Gourmandises/L'ALize/Parler tout bas for the first album, then any 2 of JEAM/ACC/JPVA for the second? I'm just speculating here, maybe they're just copies of the albums in different colours and covers, but that seems a bit pointless, or maybe not. Whatever it is exactly, hopefully we'll find out on the 30th.

Edit: Having another look at them, maybe each disk is just part of the album list, so about 4 songs on each Vinyl. Still not really sure though.

I wonder how quickly the 2000 copies will sell, can't imagine they'd go particularly fast. Anyone who really wants one who can afford it right now I imagine should be able to get it, not that they're cheap, certainly more of a collectors item.

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 08-27-2020 at 11:00 PM..