Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-28-2020, 05:45 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

We now know the full track listing for the limited edition box set release. Skip to the lower part of the post if you just want to see the summary.

This was the post from Anaphore's Facebook, note that the translations didn't go through perfectly but I tried to edit to the best of my abilities accounting for French and English copies of the tracks, it should be as follows.

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the release of ′′ Moi... Lolita ", the birthday box entitled ALIZÉE will be composed of:

• A scabbard type box.
• 6 colorful 150 gr vinyl, meeting our audiophile quality standards.
• A luxurious 36 page large format booklet.

Strictly limited edition to 2000 copies, numbered by hand.

�� Disc #1 (candy pink vinyl) • Gourmadises (treats)

A1. Moi... Lolita (4:24)
A2. Lui ou toi (4:16)
A3. L'Alizé (4:17)
X4. J.B.G (3:57)
A5. Mon Maquis (5:42)

B1. Parler tout bas (4:41)
B2. Veni Vedi Vici (4:21)
B3. Abracadabra (4:06)
B4. Gourmandises (4:14)
B5. À quoi rêve une jeune fille (4:10)

�� Disc #2 (marshallow white vinyl) • Gourmandises acidulées (Tangy treats)
(instrumental album)

C1. Moi... Lolita (4:24)
C2. Lui ou toi (4:16)
C3. L'Alizé (4:17)
X4. J.B.G (4:16)
C5. Mon Maquis (5:41)

D1. Parler tout bas (4:39)
D2. Veni Vedi Vici (4:20)
D3. Abracadabra (4:05)
D4. Gourmandises (4:09)
D5. À quoi rêve une jeune fille (4:07)

�� Disc #3 (mint green vinyl) • Gourmadises corsées (Bodied treats)

E1. Moi... Lolita (Original Music Video Band) (4.46)
E2. Moi... Lolita (The Piano Version) (4:22)

F1. Moi... Lolita (Radio Edit) (3:48)
F2. L'Alizé (Radio Edit) (3:43)
F3. Parler tout bas (Radio Edit) (4:04)
F4. Gourmandises (Single Version) (4:13)

�� Disc #4 (ash grey vinyl) • Mes Courants électriques... (my electric currents)

A1. J'en ai marre! (5:08)
A2. À contre-courant (4:28)
A3. Toc de Mac (4:27)
A4. Amélie m'a dit (3:47)
A5. C'est trop tard (4:39)

B1. Tempête (4:41)
B2. J'ai pas vingt ans (4:19)
B3. Hey! Amigo! (3:50)
B4. L'e-mail a des ailes (4:04)
B5. Youpidou (4:04)
B6. Cœur déjà pris (4:16)

�� Disc #5 (electric red vinyl) • Mes Courants Continus... (my continuous currents)
(instrumental album)

C1. J'en ai marre! (5:13)
C2. À contre-courant (4:30)
C3. Toc de Mac (4:28)
C4. Amélie m'a dit (3:50)
C5. C'est trop tard (4:50)

D1. Tempête (4:39)
D2. J'ai pas vingt ans (4:21)
D3. Hey! Amigo! (3:50)
D4. L'e-mail a des ailes (4:05)
D5. Youpidou (4:07)
D6. Cœur déjà pris (4:16)

�� Disc #6 (transparent soap bubble transparent vinyl) • Mes Courants Alternatifs... (My Alternative Currents)

E1. I’m Fed Up! (5:08)
E2. Amélie (3:48)
E3. I’m Not Twenty (4:19)
E4. Yayidoo (4:04)
E5. My foam bath (liànsuruarize) (4:45)

F1. J'en ai marre! (Radio edit) (4:17)
F2. I’m Fed Up! (Radio Edit) (4:05)
F3. J'ai pas vingt ans (Radio Edit) (3:51)
F4. À contre-courant (Radio Edit) (3:54)

℗ 2020. Requiem publishing
© 2020. Requiem publishing

➤ Pre-order Sunday at 10 pm, exclusively via www.anaphoremusic.store

------------

Summary

As displayed in the pictures, we have 3 vinyls per album; For the Gourmandises set we have 1 copy of the standard album, 1 copy of the instrumentals , and 1 for radio edits and/or alternate versions of some songs.

And for MCE, it's essentially the same. 1 copy of the standard album, 1 copy of the instrumentals, and 1 for radio edits plus alternate versions including what I think is the Japanese release for J'en ai Marre, as well as English covers of the ones that have such translations.

Overall a solid selection covering just about all bases of the albums songs. Only other thing that possibly could've been added is a couple of En Concert songs but perhaps there's a Vinyl for that specifically coming in the future, it's not a big problem.

The colours, photos and overall presentations look clean. There was also this photo released today showcasing a snippet of one of the booklets...

That's about all I have to report on for now, what do you guys think of the selection and presentation?

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 08-28-2020 at 06:49 AM..
Old 08-28-2020, 10:58 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post

That's about all I have to report on for now, what do you guys think of the selection and presentation?
I'm not a expert of vinyls but they seem to be a nice collector's item. And, since En concert isn't included in it, I suppose the organization of the cds is the most obvious, but also the most convenient and functional.
I particularly like the idea of the specific names of the cds, it's a nice refinement. I suppose Alizée's favourite is the 2nd one :

https://youtu.be/Aq9kUFoRx2c?t=261

About the booklets, I wonder if 4 pages each are too few...

The only thing I don't like is the 5th cd cover: it's a pity that they didn't use another ''new'' image with Alizée.

Edit:

I saw that a couple of guys on Instagram are particularly enthusiastic about this track:

Quote:
�� Disc #3 (mint green vinyl) • Gourmadises corsées (Bodied treats)

But I don't understand what it is... Is it the audio from the music video (with people talking)? :/

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-28-2020 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-28-2020, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We now know the full track listing for the limited edition box set release. Skip to the lower part of the post if you just want to see the summary...
...That's about all I have to report on for now, what do you guys think of the selection and presentation?
Thank you so much, Ben.Daly! This is great information, and I really appreciate the effort you went to to post it all so clearly like this. 😊
Old 08-28-2020, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
The only thing I don't like is the 5th cd cover: it's a pity that they didn't use another ''new'' image with Alizée.
Agreed, though I think the absence of Alizée in the picture was a deliberate choice to represent the absence of her vocals with it being the instrumental album. So it's a nice touch, but I think a new photo altogether would've been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I saw that a couple of guys on Instagram are particularly enthusiastic about this track:

But I don't understand what it is... Is it the audio from the music video (with people talking)? :/
I put the text from the Instagram instead into Google Translate rather than Facebook's and it translates to 'Soundtrack of the clip'.

I'd say you're right with it including the audio of the characters in the music video. That would explain it being the same length as the music video itself, with the exchanges between Alizée's character, the love interest, the younger sister and the mother all included in the Vinyl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Thank you so much, Ben.Daly! This is great information, and I really appreciate the effort you went to to post it all so clearly like this. ��
Appreciate the kind words Bamagirl

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 08-28-2020 at 10:05 PM..
Old 08-29-2020, 12:22 PM

Some new information about the box plus a couple of photos...

[EXCLUSIVE] We unveil exclusively part of the ALIZÉE set prototype, as well as some additional details:

• The scabbard will be equipped with a matte anti-scratch film, and the name Alizée highlighted by a textured varnish.

• With its large size and square back finish, the 36-page booklet will feature an elegant cover called ′′ peach skin effect ", very pleasant to the touch.

➤ Preorder tomorrow at 10 pm, exclusively via www.anaphoremusic.store.

Anaphore Music

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 08-29-2020 at 12:25 PM..
Old 08-29-2020, 08:20 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

It has sort of been asked already, but... who is and who isn't getting the collector's edition vs the two individual albums? I might get the collection. After all, I worked all summer, and particularly so this last month which will be my last as I got a job offer elsewhere, which will mean more income. But... €150 isn't peanuts. It was cute when I was a kid and shoveled snow for the UEDS box set. And dug into my savings for the 5 hatbox. I'm 28 now. I don't know if I can justify €150 for a couple of vinyls and a book when I (like some of you) don't even have a record player and my music collection already doesn't fit on the shelves. I don't know what to do, and I don't have long to decide. I think the items will sell out pretty quick.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:10 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm pretty sure CleverCowboy said he was in. I'm in and I think Bamagirl is in, but that is a steep price and I have to wonder how many fans can afford vinyl discs they may never be able to play? I think they could've come up with something much more affordable, much more usable, much more realistic.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
It has sort of been asked already, but... who is and who isn't getting the collector's edition vs the two individual albums? I might get the collection. After all, I worked all summer, and particularly so this last month which will be my last as I got a job offer elsewhere, which will mean more income. But... €150 isn't peanuts. It was cute when I was a kid and shoveled snow for the UEDS box set. And dug into my savings for the 5 hatbox. I'm 28 now. I don't know if I can justify €150 for a couple of vinyls and a book when I (like some of you) don't even have a record player and my music collection already doesn't fit on the shelves. I don't know what to do, and I don't have long to decide. I think the items will sell out pretty quick.
Can't see them going particularly fast to be honest. How many fans are out there right now ready to drop €150 on a collectors item? I can see them being up for at least a couple of weeks if not even a few months, but if I'm proven wrong and they do sell out fast then that can only be a good sign of interest from fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm pretty sure CleverCowboy said he was in. I'm in and I think Bamagirl is in, but that is a steep price and I have to wonder how many fans can afford vinyl discs they may never be able to play? I think they could've come up with something much more affordable, much more usable, much more realistic.
Not yet sure myself if I'll purchase it, there are certainly other things I'd be more wise to spend the money on, but it's being considered.

€150 I think makes sense. The standard Vinyls are €25 each, multiplied by the 6 vinyls in the box set and there you have the €150. There are also only a limited number of copies which adds to their worth, plus the booklet and packaging etc.

They probably expect that a lot of people purchasing will rarely if ever actually play the vinyls and instead simply display/store them as a collectors item. This is an item for that core fan base who they know will shell out some pretty pennies for such a product.
Old 08-30-2020, 02:06 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Can't see them going particularly fast to be honest. How many fans are out there right now ready to drop €150 on a collectors item? I can see them being up for at least a couple of weeks if not even a few months, but if I'm proven wrong and they do sell out fast then that can only be a good sign of interest from fans.

Not yet sure myself if I'll purchase it, there are certainly other things I'd be more wise to spend the money on, but it's being considered.

€150 I think makes sense. The standard Vinyls are €25 each, multiplied by the 6 vinyls in the box set and there you have the €150. There are also only a limited number of copies which adds to their worth, plus the booklet and packaging etc.

They probably expect that a lot of people purchasing will rarely if ever actually play the vinyls and instead simply display/store them as a collectors item. This is an item for that core fan base who they know will shell out some pretty pennies for such a product.
They are definitely expensive. But I believe they will sell out fast for a few reasons. (I'd love to be proven wrong, if it means I can get my hands on a copy though that may not be in her career's best interest)

1. There are many long-term Alizée fans out there. They, like me may consider getting the collection because they genuinely want to support her career and they've been doing so for many years. It's a hobby.

2. Some fans are hardcore collectors, which may end up getting more than one of each. Just take a peek at the Post Your Collection thread on here and you'll get an idea. They also generally collect a lot of other music and memorabilia.

3. Alizée and her magic generate tons of new fans all the time. Some burn out fast. Some last a year or two. But when it comes, the Lilly Bug bites hard. I wouldn't be surprised if recent fans shell out the money after being caught up in the moment. It has been years since her last album release and people want to be a part of it.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:16 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

The preorders will start in less than a hour. When something costs so much, the sellers usually show many images of it. If they do so this time too, it may be easier to choose for you.

If this helps you, I would consider that box as a piece of forniture. I would expose it in my house as if it was a painting or a statuette. So if you have to put it in a drawer and forget it, I don't recommend you to buy it.
On the other hand, you know that, as you and Ben said, you directly support Alizée, (at least) the box is worth that money and it is even a limited edition. Also, you will get it in December... It would be a nice gift, especially now that you got to celebrate your new job!
It all depends on how much importance you give to what is basically a perfect collector's item, that is something useless most of the times... a part from what it means for your heart.

Edit:

Um... No, they didn't post anything new about the limited edition.

We have a new photo, though.

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-30-2020 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts