Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-30-2020, 08:23 AM

SteveB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
It has sort of been asked already, but... who is and who isn't getting the collector's edition vs the two individual albums?
I ended up getting the collectors edition. It is pretty expensive, but as an Alizée fan of 2 years, it's the first time I could buy something of hers. So I'm excited! I do have a record player so I will give them a listen when they come.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:43 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post

Not sure if this is just the €25 Vinyls or also including the box set, nor am I sure of how such information is known.
They made another IG story and apparently 500 box sets were sold in 1 hour.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:50 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
The preorders will start in less than a hour. When something costs so much, the sellers usually show many images of it. If they do so this time too, it may be easier to choose for you.

If this helps you, I would consider that box as a piece of forniture. I would expose it in my house as if it was a painting or a statuette. So if you have to put it in a drawer and forget it, I don't recommend you to buy it.
On the other hand, you know that, as you and Ben said, you directly support Alizée, (at least) the box is worth that money and it is even a limited edition. Also, you will get it in December... It would be a nice gift, especially now that you got to celebrate your new job!
It all depends on how much importance you give to what is basically a perfect collector's item, that is something useless most of the times... a part from what it means for your heart.

Edit:

Um... No, they didn't post anything new about the limited edition.
I ended up getting the collector's edition. It came to be an additional €25 for the shipping so just over $200

Quote:
How much does it cost to ship for you guys? The box set is about €64 Euros to ship to Australia
€25 for me but €64 is waayy too much. Yikes. What are you going to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
I ended up getting the collectors edition. It is pretty expensive, but as an Alizée fan of 2 years, it's the first time I could buy something of hers. So I'm excited! I do have a record player so I will give them a listen when they come.
Same. It looks like I was right for the most part. They are not sold out yet, but they are going quick. I suspected we wouldn't have long to decide whether to get them or not. Certainly not until December. I hope the sale lasts long enough for those still on the fence about it. Good luck everyone
Old 08-30-2020, 06:43 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It has sort of been asked already, but... who is and who isn't getting the collector's edition vs the two individual albums? I might get the collection. After all, I worked all summer, and particularly so this last month which will be my last as I got a job offer elsewhere, which will mean more income. But... €150 isn't peanuts. It was cute when I was a kid and shoveled snow for the UEDS box set. And dug into my savings for the 5 hatbox. I'm 28 now. I don't know if I can justify €150 for a couple of vinyls and a book when I (like some of you) don't even have a record player and my music collection already doesn't fit on the shelves. I don't know what to do, and I don't have long to decide. I think the items will sell out pretty quick.
Ok…

I must admit, I looked at all of this, and WAS tempted…

For about a “split second”…

It wasn’t the “price”, for I can pretty much afford anything I “want”, and anything I really “want”, I usually “get”. But, you also have to bear in mind, I’m “Scottish”, “Buddhist”, and live quite a “frugal” life, pretty much, and my “wants”, really, don’t amount to much…

The “love of my life” found out about "all of these" and decided that I had to have “all of them”, and was quite upset when I told her “no, I didn’t need them”, when she was just “one press away” from buying them. She was that “close” to getting them, and then, a very good friend of mine also decided that I “must have them”, as a “birthday gift”, and it took me a good ten minutes to talk her out of it…

It was very, very sweet of them both, but I really didn’t need them…

Two things made me decide, “no”, and these were that: I really don’t have anything that will play “vinyl records”, anymore; and; I’m not a “Collector” in any “way” or “form”. I don’t need everything that Alizée has ever “sung”, in every “cover”, “box” or “form”, nor do I need every “image” or “movie” of “her” in the whole of “creation”, nor, do I “need” her “skirt”, “dress”, “shoes”, or “anything else” like that…

I wouldn’t know what to do with any of it…

Want a laugh!?

Here is a pic of my full “Alizée collection”, barring, three very “treasured”, “favourite” pics of her that I keep on my ‘phone…

Yep, that’s it “all”, all of Alizée’s albums on my little "iPod", which goes “everywhere” with me…

I know what she “looks” like, I listen to her most every day, and kind of, “carry her in my heart”, everywhere I go…

“Anticlimactic”, or what!?

I personally, really, don’t need anything else, for it/they would just “lie around and collect dust”, or be “hidden” in a “bookcase” or “cupboard”, somewhere…

And the “mementos” of other “artists” and “people”, that I do have, and have kept, have a bit more “personal attachment”, than your usual “collectors edition whatnot”, or “run of the mill” signed pic, and are generally more of the "nature" of "personal gifts", from "them", to "me"...

But that is, "just me"...

I would say, however, that, if you are still thinking about getting any of these releases, do it very, very soon, for they ARE going to go quickly, for “hardcore fans” are most definitely going to want them, and, “resellers” are most definitely going to "snap them up", very quickly, to sell at hugely inflated prices, at a later date…

Anyhow…

Enjoy your purchases when they come, for this doesn’t happen very often…

And then, when they arrive, then, there is the "age old dilemma"…

Do I open this, or not!?

That’s always been a hard one…

Last edited by RedRafe; 08-31-2020 at 01:20 AM..
Old 08-30-2020, 08:06 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
Ok…

I must admit, I looked at all of this, and WAS tempted…

For about a “split second”…

It wasn’t the “price”, for I can pretty much afford anything I “want”, and anything I really “want”, I usually “get”. But, you also have to bear in mind, I’m “Scottish”, “Buddhist”, and live quite a “frugal” life, pretty much, and my “wants”, really, don’t amount to much…

The “love of my life” found out about "all of these" and decided that I had to have “all of them”, and was quite upset when I told her “no, I didn’t need them”, when she was just “one press away” from buying them. She was that “close” to getting them, and then, a very good friend of mine also decided that I “must have them”, as a “birthday gift”, and it took me a good ten minutes to talk her out of it…

Two things made me decide, “no”, and these were that: I really don’t have anything that will play “vinyl records”, anymore; and; I’m not a “Collector” in any “way” or “form”. I don’t need everything that Alizée has ever “sung”, in every “cover”, “box” or “form”, nor do I need every “image” or “movie” of “her” in the whole of “creation”, nor, do I “need” her “skirt”, “dress”, “shoes”, or “anything else” like that…

I wouldn’t know whay to do with any of it…

Want a laugh!?

Here is a pic of my full “Alizée collection”, barring, three very “treasured”, “favourite” pics of her that I keep on my ‘phone…

Yep, that’s it “all”, all of Alizée’s albums on my little "iPod", which goes “everywhere” with me…

I know what she “looks” like, I listen to her most every day, and kind of, “carry her in my heart”, everywhere I go…

“Anticlimactic”, or what!?

I personally, really, don’t need anything else, for it/they would just “lie around and collect dust”, or be “hidden” in a “bookcase” or “cupboard”, somewhere…

And the “mementos” of other “artists” and “people”, that I do have, and have kept, have a bit more “personal attachment”, than your usual “collectors edition whatnot”, or “run of the mill” signed pic, and are generally more of the "nature" of "personal gifts", from "them", to "me"...

But that is, "just me"...
Cool beans! Everyone is different. Glad you are at peace with an iPod alone.

I would definitely open them. Once I get a record player that is. I want to listen to Veni Vedi Vici and ÀCC on vinyl.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
One hour! I think if it's true its' amazing. These songs have been out for so many years and maybe I'm wrong but I have to feel that many of these people don't have players capable of playing vinyls, but still people are buying them!

I thought too that maybe the long time between them going on sale in late August and them being made available in December was because they weren't sure how this would do and the longer time period would give them enough time to collect enough buyers to make this profitable for them, but right now it looks like this was something they didn't need to worry about. 500 box sets, not to mention the singles would be at least 75,000 euros on the first day!

Who needs a dance studio?

If she makes about 10 million dollars off of this, maybe that will give her enough money to put a small dent in the huge bill she has for buying Maggy all those toys and dolls?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-30-2020 at 08:23 PM..
Old 08-30-2020, 08:15 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
One hour! I think if it's true its' amazing. These songs have been out for so many years and maybe I'm wrong but I have to feel that many of these people don't have players capable of playing vinyls, but still people are buying them!

I thought too that maybe the long time between them going on sale in late August and them being made available in December was because they weren't sure how this would do and the longer time period would give them enough time to collect enough buyers to make this profitable for them, but right now it looks like this was something they didn't need to worry about. 500 box sets, not to mention the singles would be at least 75,000 euros on the first day!

Woah, those are some very good numbers! Of course, good for Alizée and everyone else behind the scenes, not so much for those on the fence about purchasing it. These could be gone in a matter of days.

Quote:
€25 for me but €64 is waayy too much. Yikes. What are you going to do?
Not sure, it could be the difference between me buying it or not. No wonder it's so expensive shipping to the other side of the world when it's only scheduled to take 1-2 days, if only there was an option to have it take 1-2 weeks at a cheaper price like the individual albums.

Quote:

That's very honourable of you RedRafe, most people including myself wouldn't be able to turn that down. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with receiving such a gift, but I respect that you didn't compromise on your morals in that case.

Quote:

I wouldn’t know what to do with any of it…
Some of the joy I suppose is the pursuit itself of collecting whatever it is, be it photos, videos, merchandise, etc. Though I agree once you 'have' it, it's just sort of there not doing much from a practice sense, however gathering a large collection especially one that can be shared or displayed in some way is in many ways very commendable.

I'm still trying to figure out what my 'shtick' should be. Photos? Videos? Articles? Right now I'm thinking that making fan art of Alizée would be the best route for making a collection of something, as the pieces can be fully unique and it will cost very little to no money.

I've got an idea for a sort of series of original fan art illustrations I can do which I'm very excited about and will post here as soon as it's started. It's still in the concept phase.
Old 08-30-2020, 11:19 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's very honourable of you RedRafe, most people including myself wouldn't be able to turn that down. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with receiving such a gift, but I respect that you didn't compromise on your morals in that case
You’re right, there is absolutely nothing “inherently wrong with receiving such a gift”, at all, but it would have been a huge waste of money, for I effectively have all of the “musical content” already, minus all of the “fluff”, of course, which, I will probably be branded a heretic for saying this, doesn’t really interest me that much at all, anyhow. The whole thing would just be a big old, very expensive “dust magnet” that I would have to clean frequently...

I will admit, having a “code”, of “honour” and “ethics” is sometimes a total “pain”, and I will admit that there have been “situations” in “life”, with regard to things such as “career”, “employment”, “relationships”, and “friendships”, where being less “rigid”, a bit more “less principled”, or emmm, maybe just a wee bit more “naughty”, would have “benefited” me greatly, in the “long run”, but, it would not have been… “right”…

<Sigh>

Sometimes, no, a lot of the time, I "do my self no favors", but, that’s, just me…

Last edited by RedRafe; 08-31-2020 at 01:24 AM..
Old 08-31-2020, 03:44 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

If she makes about 10 million dollars off of this, maybe that will give her enough money to put a small dent in the huge bill she has for buying Maggy all those toys and dolls?
There is also this:

"I confirm that MF and LB are the basis of Alizée's vinyl editions. Everything was decided and approved by them. When will the next part be?"

I don't know how this guy gets all this information. I asked him (or her) but there was no answer.
I think it was almost obvious that Mylene and LB were behind this, because probably they still own the copyrights, but why "I confirm"? This means that he has some kind of trusted source for what he says. Can a normal fan like us reach that source?
Old 08-31-2020, 04:53 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There is also this:

"I confirm that MF and LB are the basis of Alizée's vinyl editions. Everything was decided and approved by them. When will the next part be?"

I don't know how this guy gets all this information. I asked him (or her) but there was no answer.
I think it was almost obvious that Mylene and LB were behind this, because probably they still own the copyrights, but why "I confirm"? This means that he has some kind of trusted source for what he says. Can a normal fan like us reach that source?
It's probably run by someone or even a group of people who've been long term fans. Long term as in likely since the very beginning now 20 years ago, hence the alizee_fanclub name.

They also apparently have the scoop on how many copies are being sold of the Vinyls. I'd guess that they know about the MF & LB involvement and all other information through Anaphore Music.

Not too outlandish to assume some fans have developed those connections to Anaphore, or perhaps Anaphore even reached out themselves to some fans personally.

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 08-31-2020 at 04:55 AM..