Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-22-2021, 10:33 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
That sums it up nicely, but the question becomes if Mylene selected Alizee for something more than just talent? Did she have the gut feel that Alizee would be the sensation that she was, or was it just a roll of the dice? I think with Julia it was more a roll of the dice, in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
In doing some research about that performance when Mylène noticed her in Graines de Stars, I found this video which has elements I hadn't seen before. For one thing, in the beginning, they show someone (who I think is Pascal Obispo) singing. Alizée would get to know him well later on in Les Enfoirés, and he helped her work on one of her albums.
It also shows, at :41, Alizée getting whacked in the face, accidentally I'm sure (cough, cough).
It looked like the shorter girl won this contest, and they had a tie for 2nd between Alizée and the face-whacker, which Alizée wound up winning.

I hadn't seen this video before. I've seen several Graines de Stars clips before but again, not this one.

It really would have been interesting to have been a fly on the wall when Mylene discovered her. I think it would have been a jaw dropping moment for Mylene. Here this girl was only 16 and she had such poise, such confidence on stage, the way she danced and she looked mature beyond her years, something that was probably important for the Moi Lolita role that MF was looking for someone to fill. Yet when she was off stage, her smile would light up the room, such a young girl look. I think it had to be such a "revelation" for Mademoiselle Farmer.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-22-2021 at 10:36 PM..
Old 06-23-2021, 06:33 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

The confidence and poise was important along with the talent. But there was another element that was very important to fill the role - beauty.

Who could have predicted that this...

would turn into this in just a few short years?

I don't think that anybody could have ever predicted the amazing transformation.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:32 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Here this girl was only 16 and she had such poise, such confidence on stage, the way she danced and she looked mature beyond her years, something that was probably important for the Moi Lolita role that MF was looking for someone to fill.
She was only 15 though, right? Even more impressive in that respect.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:26 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

The Graines De Stars performance where the picture was taken of Alizee that I posted above took place on January 26, 2000. She was 15 at the time.

There was time needed for Mylene to prepare Alizee for what was to come, so when I think of when Alizee's career started, I think of 16 years old.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
She was only 15 though, right? Even more impressive in that respect.
Yes as CleverCowboy said too, she was 15 and that does make it more impressive.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:14 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Looks like Mylène may have canned Julia by now. She revealed she's been working (or rather collaborating) with a rapper on some new music of they're own making. He too is very new to this and they're working on "low budget" I guess you can call it. Or maybe she's just passing some time until Mylène is ready to work with her again, seeing how there are plenty of rumors going around, that M is getting ready to start promotion on her own next Album this Fall. Whatever the case, thought I'd provide an Update for anyone interested or in case you've missed out on the news.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:31 AM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road
Post Julia "Something has changed" Feat Parah

Julia:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRypRSTIYYd/

Quote:
"Something has changed" Feat Parah 🧨

Exclusive, the first title in a collaboration we've been working on for a while parah.1 and me.

This one is called "Something has changed", was written by us and we are proud of it!
The means are very limited, we agree, but it's convivial and that's what we wanted, recordings are planned for soon! 🎙

Since the time you asked me for musical news, here are some... and now your feedback is what we need! 💣

Kiss 💋

Julia
Old 07-26-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
So a Julia pictures showed up on my IG feed today. It's been a long while since I have even noticed her, so I thought I would visit her page to see what she has been up to.

It's been mainly glamour shots wearing upscale clothes and hanging out in upscale places. There lies the problem and has been the problem all along but I just didn't say anything before in fairness to her.

Is Julia's music career dead as it relates to Mylene? My answer is Yes.

She might perform some small gigs here and there privately, but it won't be a career with her. Maybe she will continue to do some small time modeling while she is still young.

The vibe she gave from the start is that she has lived a very privileged life. Just by going through all her photos, there is nothing "down to earth" about her. The world has changed a lot in the last decade. I think the image she portrayed really hurt her chances.
I would not say, she comes across as overprivileg. Her use of Social Media is rather uninspired if not to say boring, but as a person, I wouldn't say that enjoying fancy clothes, glamour or the "finer things" in life makes anyone appear overprivileged unless they didn't deserve it. But it's not like she made a fortune on her music to begin with. And she had to practically carry her own promotion, in a time where it is difficult enough to stand out and get noticed.

Don't really matter if she has what Alizée had 20 Years ago or not. They are two very different people. And seeing how Alizée's success visibly declined after leaving Mylène in 2004, I'd say she very simply got Lucky to be the right person, in the right position, at the right time with the right amount of talent needed to be as big as she was. Not that she seems to care nowadays, with her pool being the only thing she'll reach for.

I will agree though, that Alizée came across as more of your everyday girl whereas Julia seemed a bit more... preselected. Makes it rather obvious which one of the two appeared more relatable.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 07-26-2021 at 12:51 PM..
Old 07-26-2021, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post

I will agree though, that Alizée came across as more of your everyday girl whereas Julia seemed a bit more... preselected. Makes it rather obvious which one of the two appeared more relatable.

I've said before that Julia is a beautiful young woman with a voice that is a little better than Alizee, but when you look at all the factors, there is just something unique about Alizee that sets her apart and of course, that is when it's combined with the great music of LB and the great songs of MF.

Will MF/LB realize that and come to see if they want to have success with another artist, their odds of finding someone as incredible, with so much potential as Alizee are pretty slim?
Old 07-27-2021, 02:45 AM

Quote:
...that is when it's combined with the great music of LB and the great songs of MF.
100%.

Quote:
Will MF/LB realize that and come to see if they want to have success with another artist, their odds of finding someone as incredible, with so much potential as Alizee are pretty slim?
Slim to None. And they shouldn't. Yet i'm glad Julia keeps at it, because no matter what she does, it will help her grow. Don't need to be a real success for that. People have done more with less.

Mylène will turn 60 this year. She has a loyal following like very few others do. There will never be anyone else like her. Her Fans know that.