Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-15-2024, 11:28 AM
...never wants to leave you

Location: The verdant meadows of Chicago, the only city in America
Chicago Express Service is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
I've heard lots of stories about Capone. At different times he seems to have "run" Chicago ! One story; when Capone was in state prison for something; the Mayor at the time hired another gangster to hit Capone's organization ! So they did. However Capone was the type that said; They hitta me, I hitta them ! So he told his Lieutenant to Hit the Mayor ! This is a lot of heat said his Lieutenant ? But Capone said get somebody from out of town, from europe ! They will do it. So the Mayor was appearing somewhere with FDR and the contract guy hit the mayor while he was on the stage with FDR. The secret service thought it was an attempt on the President and so they got the assassin before he could talk ! anyway this is the story I heard ? !
It's never been proven, but many believe it - mayor Anton Cermak's personal police detail took a run at Frank Nitti (Capone's bodyguard) in December of '32. Frank would find his way to a man named Zangara - Italian in New Jersey, no Chicago connection (to lower the chance of the police making the connection).

Three months later in February of '33, Zangara would make his shot, and 20 days later, Anton Cermak would die of the gunshot wound. Zangara claimed to be a Bolshevik out to kill all capitalists, but many believe it was a direct retaliatory hit. He was put to death in Dade County, Florida, later that year.

Roosevelt himself would drive Cermak to the hospital, where Cermak would say "I’m glad it was me, not you" - the line that would be carved into Cermak's tomb.

22nd Street in Chicago would be renamed Cermak Road in his honor.

Old 09-15-2024, 03:28 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Express Service View Post
It's never been proven, but many believe it - mayor Anton Cermak's personal police detail took a run at Frank Nitti (Capone's bodyguard) in December of '32. Frank would find his way to a man named Zangara - Italian in New Jersey, no Chicago connection (to lower the chance of the police making the connection).

Three months later in February of '33, Zangara would make his shot, and 20 days later, Anton Cermak would die of the gunshot wound. Zangara claimed to be a Bolshevik out to kill all capitalists, but many believe it was a direct retaliatory hit. He was put to death in Dade County, Florida, later that year.

Roosevelt himself would drive Cermak to the hospital, where Cermak would say "I’m glad it was me, not you" - the line that would be carved into Cermak's tomb.

22nd Street in Chicago would be renamed Cermak Road in his honor.

You undoubtedly know more about Chicago than I do; although I have been there a couple times ! Ha !
Another kinda crazy movie is "The Blues Brothers" and Belushi always liked Chicago. Elwood took off from the police; so Belushi told him; the police will know where we went cause they've got your address on the License ; so they'll send me back to the slammer !
No they don't said Elwood, cause I put the address of Wrigley Field on my license ;
1060 West Addison Street ! Ha !
Old 09-16-2024, 07:31 PM

Default Another Interesting Movie

Another Interesting movie to see is "Heat"
with Pacino and Deniro !
Vincent Hanna: I got an idea... of what they're looking at.
Vincent Hanna: You wanna know what they're looking at?
Vincent Hanna: I mean - is this guy something, or is he something?
Vincent Hanna: This crew is good.
Vincent Hanna: You know what they're looking at?
Schwartz: What?
Vincent Hanna: Us. The L-A-P-D. Po-lice Department... We just got made.
Hanna is the Detective !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 09-16-2024 at 07:46 PM..
Old 09-17-2024, 04:20 AM
...never wants to leave you

Location: The verdant meadows of Chicago, the only city in America
Chicago Express Service is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
Another Interesting movie to see is "Heat"
with Pacino and Deniro !
Vincent Hanna: I got an idea... of what they're looking at.
Vincent Hanna: You wanna know what they're looking at?
Vincent Hanna: I mean - is this guy something, or is he something?
Vincent Hanna: This crew is good.
Vincent Hanna: You know what they're looking at?
Schwartz: What?
Vincent Hanna: Us. The L-A-P-D. Po-lice Department... We just got made.
Hanna is the Detective !
One of the best shootouts in modern film, no doubt.
Old 09-18-2024, 06:50 PM

Default A couple of more good movies

A pretty good comedy with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan ( who plays three different girls ! ) is "Joe versus the Volcano" A rich guy has to placate the natives in an Island who want somebody to placate their volcano god. so he gets a doctor to tell Hanks he has an incurable brain disease and only has a month to live ! So the rich guy will give him unlimited credit cards if he will jump into the volcano ! Ha ! A sales man sells Joe Four large Steamer Trunks. These Trunks will float; so if your ship goes down like the Titanic, you can climb onto them ! They only cost $25,000 ( or some exhorbitant fee ) I'll take Four of them says Joe ! The salesman says May you Live 10,000 Years !
Dan Hedaya plays Joe's boss in a dead end job in a factory ! "I Know he can get the job; But can he do the Job ? I'm not arguing that with you ! I Know he can get the Job, But can he do the Job ! " Ha !

Another good comedy is "Clueless" with Alicia Silverstone as Cher ! I always wanted to propose marriage to her , too ! But she turned Vegan and I just got to have Double Cheeseburgers or Whoppers occasionally; so it wouldn't have worked out ! Ha ! Dan Heydaya plays Cher's father in this one, too !

Or another movie is Breathless with Richard Gere and the reason to see it is Valerie Kaprisky ! I think this is actually a remake of a French film ! One wonders why are all the great movies made in France first and then remade into american ? Or does it just seem that way ? anyway the police question Valerie; where is the guy ? I don't know him. We know you know him and he's wanted ! Don't L.I.E. to the L.A.P.D. !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 09-18-2024 at 07:18 PM..