Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old Today, 10:40 AM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Victor View Post
Hi Marshall

"Bidou" is a French word that originally was used as the equivalent to "tummy" - like a childish/cutesy way to say stomach. However, because of this, pregnant parents often refer to their baby bump as "bidou", and over time this lead to the children being affectionately nicknamed "bidou" even after they are born, and after even more time this just lead to some people using it in the same way English speaking people use "baby" as a affectionate term for a romantic partner.

I know Annily is very pretty and that's distracting, but any thoughts on the documentary or other potential projects? lol
Thank You Sam ! You are very knowlegible ! I am still working on my book; which I will get on, say, Amazon ( if it's the last thing I do ! ). It will tie into Alizee in some ways, so perhaps it will be a hit ?

It must be nice to live in France part of the time; as you get to see all of the sights ! Although I am remiss in the States; as I haven't seen all the sights; except for Niagara Falls ( slowly I turned, step by step ? ! ) and the Mississippi River at one point, and several Civil war Battlefields ( as I was a Buff ! ); so even in my own country I am a stick in the mud, as it were !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; Today at 11:04 AM..
Old Today, 11:11 AM

Samuel Victor is on a distinguished road

Thank you Marshal. Yes I love France, I'm happy to be able to spend so much time there. I want to be someone that fully understands and respects the culture and is a true part of the community, rather than just a foreigner who buys property for holidays and drives the house prices up! haha As you can tell by the fact that I'm starting to move into producing French language movies, documentaries and music, its my hope to one day be as accepted and connected in French media circles as I am in Britain and America. For now though its baby steps in the right direction and dipping my toes into that water.

I'm very lucky that over the years my job has allowed me to travel a lot, though of course mostly only to big cities where movies are produced or promoted. For example I spend a lot of time in the States, but only really know NYC, LA and Orlando/Tampa (I have worked freelance for Disney/Marvel/Star Wars a lot, and done some indie stuff via Universal, and both have Studio Backlots in Florida for filming cheap recreations of streets in New York without having to pay to shut down the real ones!).

As for getting your book on Amazon, that's very possible - if you don't know already, I'd point you towards Amazon's KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) service, its perfect for getting your books both available on Kindle devices digitally, but also physical paperback and hardback editions available on Amazon in multiple countries!

When I was growing up in the 80s and early 90s, my Mum was a very well respected writer of short stories and poems in the UK, often on TV, radio, newspapers and magazines. I've recently helped her to collate 40+ years of her work into 4 collections for Amazon! The Collective Works of Ann Leyfield I found the process very easy and straightforward and Amazon are very helpful if you come across any issues. There are basically no startup costs and you can even get your books available to bookstores and libraries in the US and UK too. Its also pretty easy to get Audible versions of your books available too, as long as you can pay for voice acting.

Last edited by Samuel Victor; Today at 11:13 AM..