Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-23-2007, 11:28 PM
<<My cat watching Alizee

Alizee_is_Scottish! is on a distinguished road

She is bound to have changed as a person.

For me, the biggest changes were between 16 and 21 (becoming an adult) and then 21 to 25 where you become 'comfortable' with who and what you are.

She was a young mum, and that makes even the most level headed young woman mature quicker than her peers.

If France is anything like the UK, most people and the press will be waiting to rip her new stuff to bits. It will be accused of being either too much like the old stuff or too far from what she is good at. It's the same with her appearance - she probably can't win.

Either way, she can still sing and will still be unbelievably cute, so I'm willing to wait and see. If I don't like the new stuff, so be it. The old stuff is going to be around much longer than me - so I'm okay either way
Old 07-24-2007, 12:17 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee_is_Scottish! View Post
She is bound to have changed as a person.

For me, the biggest changes were between 16 and 21 (becoming an adult) and then 21 to 25 where you become 'comfortable' with who and what you are.

She was a young mum, and that makes even the most level headed young woman mature quicker than her peers.

If France is anything like the UK, most people and the press will be waiting to rip her new stuff to bits. It will be accused of being either too much like the old stuff or too far from what she is good at. It's the same with her appearance - she probably can't win.

Either way, she can still sing and will still be unbelievably cute, so I'm willing to wait and see. If I don't like the new stuff, so be it. The old stuff is going to be around much longer than me - so I'm okay either way

I, for one, am greatly looking forward to the adult Alizee. As I am older than most of you, I have difficulty identifying with a 15 year old. She is very cute, and I enjoy her performances, but she is also very young. And yet, the talent in her is so obvious that she shines.

As an adult, manifesting her full potential, she truly could be amazing.

Last edited by Rev; 07-24-2007 at 12:20 AM..
Old 07-24-2007, 12:46 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
It's not Hannily. It's either Annily or Anny-Lee, but I think it's Anny-Lee. We don't really know, though.
Presumably this is all speculation but it certainly seems like a homage to Nabokov's Lolita, where Humbert attributes his nympholepsy (i.e., pedophilia) to the loss of his first love, Annabel Lee, when they were both pre-teens. (They never quite got together and then she died of typhus a few months later.) That is in turn a homage to Annabel Leigh from Edgar Allen Poe (I haven't read that one).

A wiser choice in my mind than, say, "Dolores"...
Old 07-24-2007, 09:32 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Presumably this is all speculation but it certainly seems like a homage to Nabokov's Lolita, where Humbert attributes his nympholepsy (i.e., pedophilia) to the loss of his first love, Annabel Lee, when they were both pre-teens. (They never quite got together and then she died of typhus a few months later.) That is in turn a homage to Annabel Leigh from Edgar Allen Poe (I haven't read that one).

A wiser choice in my mind than, say, "Dolores"...
I JUST got that connection: "Annabel Lee" and Alizee's daugheters name. Did everybody else already know this?

Last edited by Rev; 07-29-2007 at 03:08 AM.. Reason: bump