Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-08-2006, 08:31 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Maybe at the beginning but no more and don't care what people think. Cause just like everyone as an a-ho, everyone has an opinion. So to each their own.

But I do try to keep my "attempts" at singing the french music to myself. LOL.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Uber Leet Member

Geech is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I'm not one to listen to French pop at all but damn alizee just has something about her. As feeling weird, I dunno about that. I'm pretty out going, not to many things I can do that my friends or people I know would not expect.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

I never feel weird listening to Alizée.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

I've actually known about Alizee for quite awhile from Playing World of Warcraft. The dance she does near the end of the "Jen" song was used for one of the female Night Elf characters. Apparently one of the game devs noticed her. Most of the people i know who play WoW know about Alizee, also....so she's WELL known.

personally, i love her music! I pretty much like all types of music, so it was no problem for me. Some of my friends love her stuff, too...others do a 'wtf' when they hear me play her CD in my car. Hilarious!
Old 08-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

I've never felt embarrased to listen to Alizee in fact i feel happy.

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 08-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Senior Alizée Fan

SwedishFan is on a distinguished road

I share your opinion atra 201,why should you be embarassed,if your friends think it silly then that´s their problem,not yours.Be proud of it instead.My friends just had to accept it,we were 6 guys who drove up to Norway,when it was my turn to drive natrually i played Alizée on the stereo,most of the guys kinda raised their eyebrows and wondered ´´what´s this´´.So i explained who she is and why i like her.I even played the En Consert DVD on the portable DVD player,first came the eyebrow thing again,but then they all just sat still and enjoyed it.I´m not embarassed one bit,but that´s just me!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 03:48 PM

Duncan is on a distinguished road

no, i dont feel odd listening to her, i would feel a bit odd telling my friends that i listen to a french singer when usually my ipod has rock on it. they will probably catch me listening to her at school sometime, but until then, idk why they would need to know.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
no, i dont feel odd listening to her, i would feel a bit odd telling my friends that i listen to a french singer when usually my ipod has rock on it. they will probably catch me listening to her at school sometime, but until then, idk why they would need to know.
About the same for me too for awhile lol. Although now my brothers and my dad know I listen to her and a few of my friends. I was pretty embarassed when they first figured out. My friend was at my house the same time and my brothers seen I was watching her again because they had know for awhile that I did. This time though they decided to bring it up and let my dad and friend who was there know. After a little explaining they were ok I think because we all listen to foreign music well except for my friend. I showed them JEAM and well he still teased me a little, but he didnt make a big deal about it because he knows I listen to a lot of foreign music. Well now that they know I can listen to Alizee pretty much anytime I want and they don't seem to mind. Maybe they will eventually listen to her since they see me listening to her all the time and find out they love her music too or just think im weird lol. Either way they could never make me stop I love her too much.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 08-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Alizée Lover!!!

Steven0022 is on a distinguished road

Haha, I go around town with the windows down in my car blaring Alizée. Even some of the gangsters in town dance to the beat as I drive by now.(Most songs have great base) My sister thought I was wierd until I made her listen to Alizée and now she loves her as much as I do. I had to copy my CD's for her lol. We are both very excited for the new album and I can't wait to go and blare it out in public for everyone to hear!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
I've always felt a little embarrassed that I listened to Alizee. I usually have her her songs stuck in my head and at many times whistle the tune to a few of her songs when I'm walking to school or work. I'm not really the type who would ever listen to Christina Aguilara or any other pop singers. I mostly listen to rap, rock, hip-hop and r&b. So finally my question to the guys out there. you ever feel weird listening to a female pop singer who sings in french? I knowit's a weird question but really I would never reveal to anyone that I actually like many of her tunes.

Back to writng my 10 page essay!
Please check this thread out - I started it when i first got here -

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=1428

This is what it was like for me . . . .

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience