Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
It's bullshit. I saw that article on Alizée-Alliance and took a moment to heap some scorn on it there, too.

Yes, Jérémy's label is Mercury not Sony. That's one fact wrong. The only other fact stated in that piece of drivel is that Alizée has signed with Sony BMG which we are told elsewhere is true. Everything else is just fluff and nonsense.

There are conflicting statements about who's written what on the new album. I have seen somewhere that Jérémy wrote all of the music (and none of the lyrics), but that seems odd to me, unless of course she's trying to keep his influence non-verbal and avoid anything that would say something about their relationship. I've also heard Jean Fauque say that he (Fauque) wrote 8 of the songs, some of them in cooperation with Jérémy, which would indicate that there are some songs that Jérémy didn't contribute to, and thus he didn't write all the music. So I just don't know. I guess we'll find out when the album comes out.

One thing I'm totally sure of, though, is that Her Grace would not be so stupid as to do a song cutting down Mylène, no matter how she may feel about her.
I don't understand why Lili would be mad with Mylène, anyways? All these bs stories keep saying she is mad at Mylène, but haven't really given a good reason why she would be. I am also going to call total bs on this.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
I don't understand why Lili would be mad with Mylène, anyways? All these bs stories keep saying she is mad at Mylène, but haven't really given a good reason why she would be. I am also going to call total bs on this.
There was someone who claimed to know Jéremy's sister, and claimed she had told him things about Alizée, such as Alizée had fallen out with Mylène over Jéremy and money issues and she no longer liked her old music. I don't believe any of it though...

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:55 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
I think there are a few reasons. Mainly, they're claiming that Alizée didn't really know what she was getting into until it was too late, and she was Lolita. Another idea is that Alizée thinks that Mylène took too much of the money that came in, something like ten million Euros.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
I think there are a few reasons. Mainly, they're claiming that Alizée didn't really know what she was getting into until it was too late, and she was Lolita. Another idea is that Alizée thinks that Mylène took too much of the money that came in, something like ten million Euros.
Well, Lili has said before that she was fully aware of what she was getting into, and that she knew things would be different. So that is total bs that she didn't know what she was getting into.

The money thing though can be common among talent and managers. This is the only part that has any chance of being somewhat true, but I don't think Lili is greedy so I am going to go ahead and call bs on that too.

This entire thing is bs.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:39 PM

clique is on a distinguished road

You don't have to be greedy to be mad at someone for stealing what is supposed to be yours.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:50 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
You don't have to be greedy to be mad at someone for stealing what is supposed to be yours.
Unless we know the terms of the contract, there's no way to know what happened behind the scenes....I would not be surprised if it was quite lopsided in MF/LB's favor, but also they are the songwriters and get a different set of royalties.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Unless we know the terms of the contract, there's no way to know what happened behind the scenes....I would not be surprised if it was quite lopsided in MF/LB's favor, but also they are the songwriters and get a different set of royalties.
Something I read one time was that in France contracts are never final. There is always a little room to play around with. If this is true then Mylene might have been able to screw Lili over regarding profits, but I just don't think this happened. I am sure the contract was a little lopsided to begin with regarding how much actually goes to Lili, but this is the way it works in business sometimes, especially when it has to do with a manager and their cut of the profits. Managers always find a way to make more money than they should if they can.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

We do not know.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:42 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Everybody knew what they were getting into. Laurent & Mylène put up the money on an "unknown artist". Remember no one knew if it would take off or not. It was actually taking quite a chance. The persons who take the most risk get the most rewards. It's as simple as that. Both "groups" agreed to the terms at the time. When the five year deal was over, it was time to move on.

Fsquared is correct, songwriters get different royalties. But not only were they the song writers, they own the publishing rights. (Requiem Publishing) Publishing rights is where the song money is. For the artist, the money is made doing tours, not on albums.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:56 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Well just have to wait and see, once The_Honorable makes an interpretation of that one song, if it will actually be on the CD, I guess. For now, we're just dealing with the tabloids.

Last edited by espire; 08-20-2007 at 02:24 AM..