Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-30-2007, 02:49 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
One of my favorite images of Alizee is when she was on the German TV show (the same one as the weight lifter). At one point, as she realized that the host and her were not communicating, she bit her tongue - while still trying to smile. A moment of semi-panic as she realized that she had no control over what was happening. It is these moments scattered through the videos that provide a glimpse behind the facade - glimpses of the real Alizee.
I always found that particular moment rather amusing as well. I think there was some other guy on that show whose skill was blowing up hot water bottles, so he asks her what she thinks about hot water bottles and she's like "um, hot water bottles?" and I think he uses the wrong word in French the second time and then he goes on and on to the audience in German. It's all translated in AF somewhere.

So, why ARE we here? I think everyone has his/her own reasons... Many have eloquently expressed their reasons here on the forum, and it's a nice community to share in (and to wait together with increasingly urgent anticipation ).
Old 06-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Anyway, I think being aware of the "media-construct" as an independent entity (and its effect of each of us as individuals) is worthwhile. Cindy Crawford (in a slight different context, since she was a model) even had a name for it; she called it "the Thing". She discussed how she would wake up, and have to "put on the Thing" (i.e. her model persona, appearance, etc.)

Edit: Am I too cynical about the media-construct? I hesitated at first to post at all about this, feeling that it might be considered "heresy" to say, but obviously others are conscious of this as well. I read someone else tonight guiding Hylas1896 to 1 Hr avec Alizee as a great interview that will win you over, and I wasn't sure whether to feel I was being too jaded by thinking that it's all a media construct, or whether I should maintain my vigilance against being seduced by the media-induced idea that one can "get to know" a person from an hour of responses to questions called/texted in by fans.
I'm not sure how I missed this post the short discussion that followed. Anyway...
Yes, in many respects, what we know of Alizée is a media constructed and controlled image. Being aware of that fact isn't being cynical, rather it is just realistic. The truth of the matter is that for most of us, and in most respects, that is as good as our information about her will ever be. On the other hand, I also take stock in what Jessica has said, that the Alizée that she has met is very much like the Alizée we see through this "media-construct"... that she s evry bit as intelligent and kind as she seems. And given the great obstacles to varifying this for myself, I am satisfied with that and my own judgements. Why am I here (hopefully I'm among those that have "eloquently" expressed my reasons)?... Because I am still enthralled with Alizée to the best that we do know her, I enjoy her as an entertainer and performer, and for personnal circumstances, of which a small number of you are aware, which have greatly enhanced Alizée's impact on me and because of which I may need a dose of that "media-construct." I could be way off base here but, sure much of what we know of Alizée is "the Construct," yet I still believe that one of the things that makes Alizée so special is that the construct (or rather, what we can divine of Alizée as a person from it) isn't too far off from reality. Still, one of the reasons I'm really looking forward to the new album is the chance to see the Alizée outside of Mylène's control on the "Construct."
Old 06-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

cann't say i agree andcann't say i don't

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 06-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I could be way off base here but, sure much of what we know of Alizée is "the Construct," yet I still believe that one of the things that makes Alizée so special is that the construct (or rather, what we can divine of Alizée as a person from it) isn't too far off from reality.
What seems to be the case with Alizée is that the construct isn't wrong, it's just incomplete. As must be the case with anyone, there is more to her that doesn't show up in the public image. Although if you think about it, that's true of our knowledge of any other person, no matter how well or intimately we think we know them. There are always things we don't know.

Quote:
Still, one of the reasons I'm really looking forward to the new album is the chance to see the Alizée outside of Mylène's control on the "Construct."
I want to see that, too. For that matter, I want to see Alizée the grown-up.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 06-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

I mised this thread. O well, I don't mind you putting your opinion up. That's what a forum is for, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus_Ex View Post
btw, can you make some predictions about my life right now. I would actually appreciate it if you are able to accurately make a prediction in my life. thanks.
I'd appreciate the same Pm me.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:08 PM

Ioku is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Sonidus View Post
My prediction for Alizée.

I have frightened many people with this, telling them things about themselves at random. Some told me that I was not even remotely close in revealing things about them, only to return later to confess that I was "dead on".
Do the people you make predictions from ask you to make predictions for them or do you randomly say a prediction based on what you have seen? I can see some of them being unprepared for what you are about to tell them even if it is not accurate it would still be limiting them of their choices..

Last edited by Ioku; 06-30-2007 at 06:12 PM..
Old 08-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Planetary Observer

Leo Sonidus is on a distinguished road
Default OK...enough..I must speak out....!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus_Ex View Post
true, but i'd rather not hear about her problems. i'm much happier thinking that she's a perfect person and if she portrays that, then i'm happy.

Moe, no offense, but there always seems to be some sort of hostility in your presence and you come off as oppressive in terms of the extent of the freedom of expression.
There seems to be something inherently wrong with this thinking....youthful innocence aside. I said before that I believe that fantasy is fair exchange for creating celebrity, especially of the mega-star kind, but there is something far beyond fantasy at work here. And for those in your fantasies and self descriptive good wishes, intentions, etc ... saying something like, "I'd rather not hear about her problems. I'm much happier thinking that she's a perfect person", can not have that persons well being at heart, however far removed they may be.

My point is likened to this; if you had a friend that you are perfectly happy sharing good times with, but you are never available or willing to share their bad times because you fear spoiling the memory of the good ones...how can you then claim friendship, in any pure since, for any such person?

The similar overtones demonstrated by many here along these lines are immature, if not morbid, in contrast to such adamant claims of affection for Alizée. These are starched contradictions, even in fantasy, when the imagined must mingle, in part, with the reality of things, yet the reality is ignored.

I say these things because I held something back after I began this post and I can't be silent any longer.

The very night that I started this thread, I got a couple of stern warnings about disturbing the delicate balance of things as far as the various sentiments regarding Alizée goes. So I backed off, pondering to myself that it was not that important if people did not want to hear it. That same night, after I went to sleep, I dreamed on Alizée the entire night until I awoke the next morning. In the dream was this very forum, what i'd just posted, and the initial responses that followed. In the dream, Alizée stood physically in front of me with her eyes focused on me but not speaking. I immediately said to her that I was sorry for disturbing things and that I should go and leave this forum be as it is.

There was a doorway that provided an exit from the forum. As I began to leave, Alizée then moved in front of the door to block me from exiting. I apologized to her again and said that I did not belong and that I should go. At that moment, something like veins extended from the forum and attached themselves to my body. The forum was represented as a room with no walls, yet still a doorway to get in or out.

I exclaimed once more, more assertively, that I should leave....that I didn't belong here. At that point, the lower half of my body became veins and attached itself to the forum and melded seamlessly with it. Alizée then spoke to me, all of which I can not remember, but she instructed me to speak of this dream and instructed me to be myself, as some have also told me very passionately before.

In the dream she also wanted me to say that she IS NOT PERFECT. that if anyone truly cares for her, that they MUST allow her, HER OWN humanity, that is what is perfect to her.

In my own interpretation of this dream, she is trying to be many things to many people in this new album, and that, in and of itself, may present a problem to some who may have aligned themselves to her in any particular fashion. As Deepwaters has pointed, she is a spiritual person, in her most basic form, and she is not unaware of the many, many feelings and emotions that her fans have literally thrusted upon her. And she bares that and much more in her heart of hearts.

In short, she needs and seeks to be set free by her most loving fans. She is asking to be allowed to fall, in order to stand. To fail, in order to succeed, not knowing what will happen for sure, but the burden is on her none the less. She seeks this special and spiritual help from those who can.

To label someone perfect and hold them to that, is in turn, to make them imperfect.
As human beings, we were born in the flesh to be imperfect. That IS our perfection, to be able to stumble, fall, fail, struggle, yet still have a way to find redemption through all of it.

The fantasies that are held for Alizée go far beyond the norrmal and bare a negative spiritual impact much the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Oh, for crying out loud, folks.

She can't get a divorce because that would make her less than perfect. She can't be politically active because she might take positions you disagree with.

Cut the girl some slack, would you? She's a real person, not something out of a fairy tale. A good person, in my opinion, smart, talented, kind-hearted . . . but a real person. Real people don't always make perfect choices and sometimes they have to correct them. Real people, and the citizens of republics, hold political positions and express them by voting and political activism. It's not just absurd to expect Alizée to be an exception to that, it's unfair.

And I say that knowing nothing about where her politics lie. For all I know, if we were friends we might argue heatedly. But that's cool. I have friends like that. We're still friends, even though they vote wrong.

She doesn't need to be put on some kind of artificial pedestal, because she's amazing enough flaws and all.
Well said....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alizee-studio-3rd-album.jpg (30.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 08-29-2007, 07:09 AM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

to the OP... you are one disturbed individual... good luck with all your issues, seriously get help
Old 08-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Planetary Observer

Leo Sonidus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
to the OP... you are one disturbed individual... good luck with all your issues, seriously get help

You are a prime example of my point. There is much more here in everything and everyone than has been or can be written, all sentiments considered. Those who can see...see. Those who can not....live in a matrix.....
Old 08-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

While agree with you that we cannot put Alizée on a pedestal she cannot reach, I fear you may have missed the points of the earlier objections to your "predictions". While some people did seem to believe that divorce was something unthinkable for Alizée, which it isn't, she is human, they were more annoyed that you said her marriage would last a mere 2/3 years, while it is going strong after 4 years. The fact that Lili and Jéremy are able to work with eachother, is a sign that their marriage is a strong as ever, or as close to a sign as we will see. This is turn, more than likely, made people more wary accepting your other predictions.

I have no quarrel with you personally, but it is wrong to come out and say that someone's marriage will end, whether it be peaceful or not. That is what tabloids do, and nobody likes the tabloids.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.