Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-11-2007, 10:27 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

When dealing with celebrity, any media coverage is good media coverage.
I am definitely on Alizée's side, and I believe that Requiem Publishing would take Alizée's name as their own to make as much money as they could.

I believe that Mylene would try to do something to keep Alizée under her control, as she has shown to be this way in the past. If Mylene is not making as much money now as she once did, she might decide to either make money from others as she can or sabbotage others careers just for spite.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but now is when the tension brings about the talk amongst the people who follow the tabloids to get the momentum started for Alizée's release date.

Most of the time this stuff is planned out in advance to get the most media coverage possible from a release. Usually, it comes free and the mentioning of both Mylene's name and Alizée's keeps both singers in the minds and on the lips of the public as this takes place.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

One reason why Mylene might have tried to postpone and maybe even stop Lili from continuing her singing, is that she got Lili where she was and she knew the potential Lili had. I am sure Mylene was a little afraid that Lili might get big again on her own , and maybe take some of Mylene's fans and possibly get bigger than her. Mylene probably saw Lili as a potential threat, and rightly so.

If Lili's new album does good enough she will contiue her singing and she is only going to get better at this point. I would love to see Lili become better than Mylene. To me she already is better than Mylene, but I know that this viewpoint is not based on fact but oppinion. I know some may think that Lili will not become bigger than Mylene, but I have confidence that Lili is going to continue to get better and better. This is why I want her new album to do good, because she has so much potential, and I don't it to go to waist do to one album not saleing well. I don't want Lili's dream and singing career to end this soon.

Last edited by Tye; 09-11-2007 at 11:31 AM..
Old 09-13-2007, 02:54 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
In this case, her stage presence isn't compensating for lack of talent at all. Alizée has one of the most captivating voices I've heard. Not necessarily "the best" in terms of range, power, or clarity (you find that among trained opera singers), although all of those are good, but her voice has a personality to it that's very distinctive without sounding distorted.

There has been a drop in singing quality in the past when she was singing live, not consistently but often. But I think I know where that's coming from. It's her stage fright! Performing live, her stomach goes into knots and it affects her breathing! You can hear the result on the concert DVD, but not always. Some songs it shows up, while others she seemed to get into the singing and not worry so much and she sounded great.

Now here's the big question. Being older, stronger, more mature, has she overcome some of the stage fright?

There could be another explanation for the changes in her voice.

I went to see Def Leppard in concert 6 times over the years. Twice when I went to see them, you could tell that Joe Elliot's voice was "tired" or "strained". He still sounded like himself, but not as good as other times i had heard him. Thats why when I first heard her "Live" CD, it wasn't such a shock to me.

As for the tabloid show that was recently on. This is publicity for Alizée. Nothing more, and it should SURELY not be taken as any kind of "informative" description of reality. EVERYTHING in that article that referenced the relationship between Alizée and Mylene seemed (to me at least) speculative. There was only one reference given (someone who leaked the contents of a song, and said it was about Mylene/Alizée) - everything else (imho) was just that - opinion.

Team Alizée and Sony/BMG even stated, catagoricaly - that there is no fight between Alizée and Mylene.

I think we should not spend any more thought on it, and just support Lili!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 09-13-2007, 03:10 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Team Alizée and Sony/BMG even stated, catagoricaly - that there is no fight between Alizée and Mylene.
Best part about that is she may use some of her old songs and have concerts sooner rather than later!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:38 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post

As for the tabloid show that was recently on. This is publicity for Alizée. Nothing more, and it should SURELY not be taken as any kind of "informative" description of reality. EVERYTHING in that article that referenced the relationship between Alizée and Mylene seemed (to me at least) speculative. There was only one reference given (someone who leaked the contents of a song, and said it was about Mylene/Alizée) - everything else (imho) was just that - opinion.

Ed
Of course, if there were a fight, do you think anyone would admit it officially? It's not like we're dealing with East Coast/West Coast rappers here....
Old 09-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Of course, if there were a fight, do you think anyone would admit it officially? It's not like we're dealing with East Coast/West Coast rappers here....
Let's all just listen to what Lili and her team are telling us, and that is that there is no fight.

If there is a fight, and they are not telling us then it isn't any of our business or she would let us know.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:29 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
NOBODY is mature at 18. FEW are mature at 23. (But I think she might be.)

SOME are still immature at 70.

If I were in her position, I might feel as if I had been taken over by a force of nature and propelled into stardom before I was ready. Perhaps she felt the same, and wanted to grow up before doing it again and doing it right this time, with her first career providing a nice springboard.
I think this whole maturity/growing up thing is overrated. It's all so relative. There's just a life to lead and we learn as we go. There are times when I was young that I had fun doing things, just messing around. Now I feel like I wish I had done other things that would have had some residual positive effect for me now. Of course that's what I think now because I exist now. It's not really fair to my earlier self and pointless for my current self, except that I've learned that it's good to do things that will have a residual positive effect on the future. But even then... What's surfing this web site going to ever do for me in the future? Well, I'll have some happy memories, but if it's not something I'm doing or interested in in the future, I may wish I had done something else. Still, it seems worth while now. Sometimes on a daily or weekly basis I feel myself learning things that make me feel more mature.
So, while watching interviews, etc. of Alizée I couldn't judge very well because I didn't know French language or French culture, but watching her mannerisms and seeing the translations, to me she seemed to answer well and come across as intelligent and mature enough. So there!

Merci Fanny
Old 09-14-2007, 04:18 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Talking

Man, I just noticed they got some interesting programming on tf1

Alizee: Wowww!