vote for what exactly?
we vote for Alizée be on top!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Hashshashin

jaco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleThatsFr4Michael View Post
Hey gang,

RE: Here is how to vote as many times as you want!!!!!!!!!!!!! (For free)

My first post. I’ve always just lurked until now. I saw the post about voting and knew there must be an easy way around it. There is. This procedure is for Windows with Explorer. I’m sure the same principles will be true no matter what browser and operating system you use.

Multiple Voting Procedure:

1) Go to the “radioatlantis” web site and vote the “5 point free option”
2) Wait until it registers and starts counting down. (You probably want to save this location as either a text file to stick in your browser address window, or as a regular book mark)
3) Get off their website- Example: just move to your home page.
4) Open “Windows Explorer” – or whatever file index you use.
5) Go to the folder “Documents”
6) Go to the folder “Administrator”
7) Go to the folder “Local Settings”
8) Go to the folder “Temporary Internet Files”
9) Scroll to the very bottom files of this folder. If you don’t have your browser set to get rid of this stuff after a day or so, this might be a huge group of files.
10) Notice the column “Internet Address”. - Basically what you are looking at (at the very bottom) is a group of files, thumbnails, cookies, etc. put into your computer by your homepage site.
11) Scroll up. You will notice a similar group of files from the “radioatlantis” site.
12) Select and delete them all. Its probably only one file that they use to count down your voting time, but who cares? It’s just easier to delete them all. Don’t worry you won’t hurt anything on your system. These are temporary files.
13) Got back to the “Radioatlanits site”. Vote again, and repeat!

Sorry it looks complicated. Once you do it a few times, it will be easy.
whoah, that actually worked... nice Of course, if they take one look at their logs they'll notice that certain IP adresses are voting more often than they should be, so they might decide to discount all your votes, which would suck if you've been voting every hour for the last 10 hours
Old 10-06-2007, 08:52 AM

marik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleThatsFr4Michael View Post
Hey gang,

RE: Here is how to vote as many times as you want!!!!!!!!!!!!! (For free)

My first post. I’ve always just lurked until now. I saw the post about voting and knew there must be an easy way around it. There is. This procedure is for Windows with Explorer. I’m sure the same principles will be true no matter what browser and operating system you use.

Multiple Voting Procedure:

1) Go to the “radioatlantis” web site and vote the “5 point free option”
2) Wait until it registers and starts counting down. (You probably want to save this location as either a text file to stick in your browser address window, or as a regular book mark)
3) Get off their website- Example: just move to your home page.
4) Open “Windows Explorer” – or whatever file index you use.
5) Go to the folder “Documents”
6) Go to the folder “Administrator”
7) Go to the folder “Local Settings”
8) Go to the folder “Temporary Internet Files”
9) Scroll to the very bottom files of this folder. If you don’t have your browser set to get rid of this stuff after a day or so, this might be a huge group of files.
10) Notice the column “Internet Address”. - Basically what you are looking at (at the very bottom) is a group of files, thumbnails, cookies, etc. put into your computer by your homepage site.
11) Scroll up. You will notice a similar group of files from the “radioatlantis” site.
12) Select and delete them all. Its probably only one file that they use to count down your voting time, but who cares? It’s just easier to delete them all. Don’t worry you won’t hurt anything on your system. These are temporary files.
13) Got back to the “Radioatlanits site”. Vote again, and repeat!

Sorry it looks complicated. Once you do it a few times, it will be easy.
any ideas for more ways? this looks complicated! i have done this and it works but anymore ideas to make this trick more good?
Old 10-06-2007, 09:52 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I can't believe the horrible taste in music the French have. Did any of you check out the top 10? They suck. The best song in the top ten is Alizée's MJ. I'm not being predigest it just a fact.

Roman has a good point,
It's only crooked if the artist is buying the votes. Otherwise, it shows some level of dedication from the fans. Well, I don't know who's voting and how, but if it keeps Alizée in a place where her song gets played and gets special mention, then I'm for it. As I understand it, the way songs usually get played on the radio (at least in the US) is that the record company pays the radio stations to play it. That's somewhat illegal, I think, so it may be slightly more complicated than that, anyway...

The station knows who is and who isn't buying votes. Who do you think is going to get the best lead in? The artists that were fan based voted in or those who bought their in as they say. The top three songs are not that good yet look at the vote count. The DJ's and the station know who is desperate to get air play on their song.
The up side to us is all those U.S. IP's that are being registered. That has to be the biggest WTF is going on for the people watching this voting contest back at the station. It would be great if they said something on Sunday about the U.S. fan base that pushed this song into the top 5.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Hashshashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I can't believe the horrible taste in music the French have. Did any of you check out the top 10? They suck. The best song in the top ten is Alizée's MJ. I'm not being predigest it just a fact.

Roman has a good point,
It's only crooked if the artist is buying the votes. Otherwise, it shows some level of dedication from the fans. Well, I don't know who's voting and how, but if it keeps Alizée in a place where her song gets played and gets special mention, then I'm for it. As I understand it, the way songs usually get played on the radio (at least in the US) is that the record company pays the radio stations to play it. That's somewhat illegal, I think, so it may be slightly more complicated than that, anyway...

The station knows who is and who isn't buying votes. Who do you think is going to get the best lead in? The artists that were fan based voted in or those who bought their in as they say. The top three songs are not that good yet look at the vote count. The DJ's and the station know who is desperate to get air play on their song.
The up side to us is all those U.S. IP's that are being registered. That has to be the biggest WTF is going on for the people watching this voting contest back at the station. It would be great if they said something on Sunday about the U.S. fan base that pushed this song into the top 5.
You're referring to Payola, which is indeed illegal.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post
we vote for Alizée be on top!
I understand that. But for which title and where to vote.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Hashshashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya8617 View Post
I understand that. But for which title and where to vote.
Click on the first red link here:

http://www.radioatlantis.fr/classeme...er.php?id=1925