Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-11-2007, 11:57 PM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Cover Art for CDs and DVDs

I was wondering, if it could be possible for someone out there in cyberville to send some pictures to me by PM (or, if that's not possible, to my E-Mail address) for the cover art of Alizée's CDs and especially her Mexican Cd+DVD, which I just got today, and her French edition DVD 'en concert.'

I need them in size 280x280, which would be perfect, but a range of 300x300 to 500x500 is acceptable.

What I need them for is to include them in on the site rateyourmusic.com so as to update that as I go along with track listing, times, and especially the cover art. That way other viewers on the site would be more informed, so to speak, on the 'official' releases and their covers.

The ones provided on the other threads on this site I can't really upload and I can't for the life of me find any pictures available, other than the Cd and the German/International DVD, on the above mentioned editions anywhere on the Internet in order to use. This will really help me out tremendously!!!
(or you could do it yourself if possible).

One of my fellow workers that helped out with the digital camera work and uploading of previous covers has transferred and I don't have the camera nor the expertise. Dumb luck.

This is about the best site I've come across for all the different international artists and their music, containing all of their material releases whether vinyl, Cd and/or DVD so I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks again. This is my last resort.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:47 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

try this site:

http://www.coverdude.com/
Old 10-12-2007, 03:53 AM

marik is on a distinguished road

well heyamigo solves your prob Wyoming! Buddy!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:50 PM

Well, not exactly; I couldn't find anything there that helped in what I was looking for. Thanks anyway for your answer and courtesy. Appreciate you time and effort.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:34 AM

Capn is on a distinguished road

I went to that site and found what I thought it was you were looking for.... are you sure you didn't find it? try explaining again what you need I thought that was a good site when I just checked.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:33 AM

What I need is but a 'picture' over the Internet, on some site, of the cover art to the Mexican edition of the 'Alizée en concert CD+DVD.' Just like any music store site (CDUniverse, Amazon, etc.) would show about the CDs and/or DVDs they have for sale with picture of album cover accompanying.

Most of what the above quoted site showed was if I wanted to make a CD-R with cover art on my own or something. I'am not trying to do a CD-R and bootleg any of this.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:52 AM

Well, I finally found a picture of the Mexican CD+DVD that I could place on File. Had to Edit it somewhat to size by tracing over the image to the desired item I was seeking. good thing I was watching over my compadres shoulder when he did it, otherwise I couldn't have done it; I came across an image that showed both the front and back of the CD+DVD version in the same picture, and that is what I uploaded to 'my pictures' on File. From there I had to shape it, like breaking the picture in two and coming up with a separate photo showing but the front of the CD+DVD to the desired size. Had a 'copy to...' and saved the image on file.

This is another one of those exercises in the laboratory that, as they say, "don't try this at home" plastered all over it. But I did it, don't ask me how I did it either. It's another one of those types again. but I got the image I wanted from some Alizée-Hungarian Fan site which had pictures of all of Alizée's releases, which helped out immensely.

Thanks again for your help and encouragement.
The release has been added over on the site mentioned previously, http://rateyourmusic.com/release/alb...concert_cd_dvd. The issue has been added already with track listings but it may take a while for the cover art to be uploaded, as it depends upon the approval of their moderators; size-wise is acceptable within their parameters of 288x293. Perfect sizing is 280x280 but they have a leeway from 300x300 to 500x500 plus some smaller measurements as well being acceptable. Hopefully eventually at least. Otherwise, back to the drawing board.

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 10-16-2007 at 01:12 AM.. Reason: Grammar correction.