Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-14-2007, 01:47 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I wish that it was her who wrote that. I think it's cute.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:50 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
So we should blame them for "December 3th" and not Alizée?

I'm down with that.
I certainly would. And those are graphics, presumably, so even when they notice the error, it's probably not like just anyone can twiddle some HTML file; they have to go get the person who generated it to go re-generate it, and who knows what kind of bureaucracy is involved (e.g., if marketing subcontracted the site design to some web-design company, and if all changes have to be approved by some marketing committee before implementation, and how much changes cost, and the error isn't in the primary target language anyway, and etc. etc. etc.)

Last edited by fsquared; 10-14-2007 at 01:56 AM..
Old 10-14-2007, 01:58 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

heh before i found about alizée, i thought corsica was italian territory. i remember hearing about Ajax a lot when studying latin, so i assumed it was italian.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:59 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I'm not so sure about that, fsquared. For one thing, if you look on the RCA page and browse some of their other artists, you'll find a wide variety of styles and designs for their pages. Look at the difference between Annie Lennox and Avril Lavigne for example. It looks to me like the artists are given a lot of latitude as far as what their pages look like, and they may be managing the pages themselves or having it done, with RCA only providing the hosting space.

For another, keeping control of this kind of thing is signature with Alizée, so I suspect she'd insist on it.

So I don't know, I'm not saying she made that mistake herself necessarily, but I'm inclined to think it was someone on Team Alizée who did that rather than someone at RCA.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-14-2007, 02:10 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm not so sure about that, fsquared. For one thing, if you look on the RCA page and browse some of their other artists, you'll find a wide variety of styles and designs for their pages. Look at the difference between Annie Lennox and Avril Lavigne for example. It looks to me like the artists are given a lot of latitude as far as what their pages look like, and they may be managing the pages themselves or having it done, with RCA only providing the hosting space.

For another, keeping control of this kind of thing is signature with Alizée, so I suspect she'd insist on it.

So I don't know, I'm not saying she made that mistake herself necessarily, but I'm inclined to think it was someone on Team Alizée who did that rather than someone at RCA.
Hm....well, I presume that different artists have different marketing teams (and probably entirely different companies producing their websites)...I don't know exactly how it would work, though I would presume that part of a record deal would involve RCA footing the bill for "official" promotion and thus paying for the company who generates the official website; presumably the contract would then also stipulate the level of control, process of modification, etc. that Team A has regarding the content of the website. It would be difficult to imagine that Alizée would have administrative access to the production website's HTML or graphics files herself; rather, it would likely be a configuration management team at a web design company who is paid to manage the website, and then changes would have to be submitted through some sort of change control process and etc. etc. But someone who's actually done web design in the entertainment industry would probably have more insight into the process than me.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:21 PM

Piblokto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Corsica is only sort of French. It is politically part of France and under French law, and (not without some effort and struggle) speaks the French language, but culturally and historically it is itself. It has been independent only briefly, though. It was under Genoese rule from 1282 until France bought the island from Genoa in 1768.

Although Corsicans speak French today, there is an indigenous language, very close to Latin and closer to Italian than it is to French, called Corsu. There appears to be a fairly active independence movement on the island. More realistic than full independence, which it's unlikely France will grant, is increased autonomy. Corsu is believed to be in danger of going extinct.
There is a very important independence movement in Corsica, here is their national anthem :

<div><object width="425" height="335"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/59LUFSmcp1bqW3rA4"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/59LUFSmcp1bqW3rA4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="335" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhlhs_canta-bataclan-hymne-corse_music">Canta bataclan Hymne Corse</a></b><br /><i>envoy&eacute; par <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/chareyre2a">chareyre2a</a></i></div>

And Corsica's society is an archaic patriarcal mediterranean society, like in Sicily. There is a Corsican mafia with close links to the independence movement. Nothing can be done on the island without their agreement. French republican laws are kind of an abstraction there...
But it's one of the most beautiful places in Europe.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

That's gorgeous Piblokto, thanks for posting it. The only other traditional Corsican singing I've heard is the background of the beginning of Mon Maquis, which is obscured so much by the music that it's hard to make out.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Actually, I think you should probably defer that decision until you've seen some of the rest of the world. (BTW, I grew up in Texas myself, but refugeed to the West Coast ASAP.)

About Ajaccio, and Corse in general -- has anyone else had the experience of seeing a photograph of a person or place you've never seen before, and recognizing it? I had that experience on seeing Alizée for the first time, and I have the same experience on seeing photos of her birthplace. I now understand the reason why I recognized her (or at least I understand part of it), but I'm still not sure about Corsica.

What am I supposed to do there? I really don't know, but every photo just sings in my nerves. I know that place. So at some point, I'm going to have to go.
When I first saw Lili I felt a strong sense of recognizing a long lost friend. When I look at pictures of Paris I feel extremely home sick. I still don't know why, but something about that city is connected to me. I have never believed in re-incarnation but I am beginning to wonder if I lived in Paris in a past life. I am connected to that city in some way. Also, another possibilty I have been wondering about is what if Paris is just the beginning of a discovery of something deeper in my life. Maybe when I get to Paris another marker will show up that will lead me to something else. I don't know what it is, but Paris is apart of me in someway.

Last edited by Tye; 10-14-2007 at 04:29 PM..
Old 10-14-2007, 04:55 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

hey tye why don't you go to a hypnotist or something and find out who you were in your past life?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
hey tye why don't you go to a hypnotist or something and find out who you were in your past life?
Because I don't fully believe in re-incarnation yet, and I would like to try to discover the meaning of all this on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Funny this topic came up now, because just the other day in my quest for everything and anything remotely Alizée related, I downloaded this episode of The Amazing Race:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VTUMT3OW

I'll leave it at that and let you guys discover it for yourselves.
I remember watching that episode. That was before I had discovered Lili. It is amazing at how different that episode seems now that I know about Lili.

Last edited by Tye; 10-14-2007 at 05:50 PM..