Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-19-2007, 01:44 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Besides which, isn't 'Psychédélices' supposed to be a 2-CD issue? That's a lot of material to cover to begin with.

And what's all talk about the 'Brit's' anyway? Brit who?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:55 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Actually, how did she do that, anyway? I'm a bit surprised Gimme More is doing so well frankly. Sad to say, maybe it really is scandal-driven.
Well, scandal does keep you in the spotlight. The problem is Britney is spiraling down from a personal standpoint; this can get worse...much worse. I'm not a Britney fan, but I do feel bad watching that happen to someone.

Our Lili seems to have her head on straight, but I still have twinges of concern. I pray her counsel is wise, and her actions comparable (to the counsel, that is).
Old 10-19-2007, 02:08 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinluvr91 View Post
i think MesGourmandises is talking about iTunes France...i used to check it all the time too and its not there anymore
Or maybe he meant the IFOP digital charts, where it was #13 last week but gone now. Though that's a top 50, not 100.

But here's the thing about the charts. I think Mademoiselle Juliette did exactly as RCA wanted. There's no video, no TV appearances, no website, and just a little bit on the radio. From what I can tell the album was largely produced before RCA got in the picture, so what has the record company spent? Pretty much nothing. And what have they earned? Well, something. It's all gravy to them. Though of course it sucks, because it's the fans who get the short end of the stick in this situation.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:25 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Is there someone out there who can recall the interview with someone that talked about some old record company exec (from Universal I suppose) who said something nasty about the album vs. the RCA people playing it up? I think it was in one of the interviews recently with one of those other people who worked on the album. I'm tempted to say mid to late August. I suppose I must have seen it on AFC.

But I can't believe that RCA would want MJ to blip on the charts and then fall out, unless they really didn't think they could make much money at all. Unless they think most of the money they'll make is album sales to hardcore fans, but in that case, why promote the single at all, as opposed to just releasing the album? I mean, they must be spending a nontrivial amount of money for those banner ads and etc. on tf1.fr; it's always there in the "Musique" section (unless I'm cookied somehow).
Old 10-19-2007, 02:52 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Is there someone out there who can recall the interview with someone that talked about some old record company exec (from Universal I suppose) who said something nasty about the album vs. the RCA people playing it up?
I've heard this mentioned before too, but have never seen it myself and am pretty sure it's just out of someone's imagination.

Quote:
but in that case, why promote the single at all, as opposed to just releasing the album?
Unless we get some really amazing video, I think that is pretty much all they're doing. Everything else seems like an after-thought. The banner ads you mention really are trivial compared to full-on promotion. It's all costs vs. profits. If RCA wanted the single to earn more, they could have spent more. Instead they spent a little, and it earned... a little. You can even tell by the wording of their press release that this is what they expected. I think it was a quick grab at a few extra bucks before the actual album.

Last edited by Ben; 10-19-2007 at 03:14 AM..
Old 10-19-2007, 03:34 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Well, scandal does keep you in the spotlight. The problem is Britney is spiraling down from a personal standpoint; this can get worse...much worse. I'm not a Britney fan, but I do feel bad watching that happen to someone.

Our Lili seems to have her head on straight, but I still have twinges of concern. I pray her counsel is wise, and her actions comparable (to the counsel, that is).
I fully agree, hate to see a young lady done in in any way; but I certainly don't appreciate the way she treats her children. She could have permanently injured one if she had actually dropped on from her arms unto the cement sidewalk; came mighty close. Not good.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:33 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Folks, think long range planning. Marketing, in this instance, isn't about a "flash in the pan"...top of the chart and then gone. Think marathon, not 100 yard (meters) dash. We are in the early stages of a build up...the laying of a foundation. Don't get too wound up in chart position....it's early in the race. It's not where you are early in the race that matters. It only matters where you finish. I can't say Alizée will finish first...or even in the top runners....but I can say that it's way too early to be worried about it.

Video release. Album release. Personal appearance(s). Each/All can be catalysts to vault one or several of the songs to the top. There may be some sleeper hits on that album no one knows about. Let it play out. Enjoy the music. Enjoy the ride.
I'm with Ogre on this. These things take time to snowball.
As for Britney Spears, screw her and her drugged out jokes she calls friends! America has a twisted idea of what is good and how people should behave. And I live here and find it shitty!
If I only had the money to move to France!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:47 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
I'm with Ogre on this. These things take time to snowball.
As for Britney Spears, screw her and her drugged out jokes she calls friends! America has a twisted idea of what is good and how people should behave.
I don't think anyone is truly advocating Britney Spears's lifestyle as a model which all should follow...

Old 10-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
... we should all pray.
Ok.

"Domino's Pizza ate Rocco DiSpirito sank tea, lo mein."
Old 10-19-2007, 07:22 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

do you think maybe in exchange for artistic control over the kind of music made, alizee had agreed with sony that she would do her own promotion and that sony would not help her? sometimes labels want you to do certain type of songs and will not promote you or will threat to drop you if you do not do what they want, which is usually make songs more appealing to the masses. perhaps alizee's label did not really like her album so made her this ultimatum?