Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-30-2007, 07:15 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road
Default Found another use for our girls music

Behind my business live several feral cats. About 6 weeks ago we started to catch said cats, tame them down and find them good homes.
Back in 2001 the cat problem got so bad with uncontrolled breeding and inbreeding animal control had to remove 49 of them. It was a very sad situation that got totally out of hand. We thought the problem was solved until this spring when we saw 8 kittens and realized we needed to fix the coming problem before it got out of hand again.

As the summer progressed we started to tame them down with food and water. We got them to the point we could at least pet them. Picking them up was not in the cards. We also learned we could leave the back door open and they would venture in a few feet for the bowls of food and water.

About three weeks ago I caught a beautiful male. It took me about one and half to two weeks to make him a really nice and loving kitty. Last Friday afternoon I found him a nice family to live with.

Well this morning I come into work only to find a white kitty in my office. One of my employees had caught me another cat. At around 2 O'clock I'm by the back door when here comes one of her sisters strolling in the door. She doesn't even pay attention to me. I close the door behind her and that is when the excitement begins. To her the S hit the fan and she went nuts and tore through the business trying to find a way out. Finally after about 10 minutes of chasing her I herded her in to my office where her sister was hanging out hiding in a corner.

Well I finally got her to settle down somewhat by holding her on my lap at my desk and petting her. Around 6 O'clock I go to vote for our girl only to find out I was about 8 minutes early. Since I have wait I fire up some music on the computer and kill some time. Cat on my lap is pretty scared still and not a real happy camper. The look I was getting the tone of the meows was making the point real clear. I'm having to keep some what of a grip on her to keep her on my lap. Her claws digging into my thighs was not helping much either.
First choice Moi Lolita and the cat swings its head around and looks at the computer where the music is coming from. The change in the disposition in her was unbelievable. With in one or two minutes of the song starting she had totally mellowed out. She is now curled up on my lap napping after her mini concert of the additional songs L'Alize and Gourmandise.

I've heard music soothes a savage beast but the speed in which Alizée's
music worked on this kitty was unbelievable. A male cat I understand but for it to work on a girl kitty so quickly was the big surprise.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:25 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I'll be impressed when you teach them to sing.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:45 PM

Sing? You should of heard the meows these two put out all afternoon.
And I hope to have them no more than three or four weeks. Two white female kitty's with green / gold eyes. They shouldn't be too hard to place in a good home. At least neither of these two caused the blood loss compared to the the last cat I caught.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:22 PM

marik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Lolz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
well me too
Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 PM
485 Internet points!

Solaris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
Wont we all!

[9:59] [Solaris] here comes marik!
[Alizée Bar and Grill]: marik has entered at 9:59
[9:59] [Bill Seals] OH shite
[9:59] [Solaris] I TOLD YOU
[9:59] [Chommpers] mind powers
Old 10-30-2007, 11:05 PM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

I grew up with three Siamese cats; well one for us, a female, and the next door neighbor had the brother and a stray came along for a while. so I know what that's like with the claws and all.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:50 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

That's a pretty cool story, ALS. Somehow, I'd venture a guess that you might get slightly different results with Abracadabra, and least I know Snatcher's kitties do
Old 11-01-2007, 06:53 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

That's brilliant, ALS. Lili's music truly knows no bounds

I remember once playing JEAM on guitar, and having my dog sit to attention the whole time. I, then, played Nobody Knows when You're Down and Out, and he preceeded to sigh and walk off.... I though it was hilarious.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
That's a pretty cool story, ALS. Somehow, I'd venture a guess that you might get slightly different results with Abracadabra, and least I know Snatcher's kitties do
Oh how I know.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

That's quite a interesting story there ALS, Even kitty cats like Alizée.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!