Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

TV stations are just gonna cut that part off anyway.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

The way the shot was framed, I half expected the girl in black to walk through that door and walk towards his back.

I suppose they left that to our imagination.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
The way the shot was framed, I half expected the girl in black to walk through that door and walk towards his back.
Wow, how cool would it be if she did, that we saw it was indeed Alizée, and without him noticing her she pushes him off the balcony?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:30 PM

Sanokun is on a distinguished road

The tentative look Alizee gives as she's being lead into the room is so priceless. She looks so young and innocent at that moment...plays the part so well.

She's going to be a great actress.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:44 PM

acer is on a distinguished road

thanks for the find! whats with the black guy dancing at 2:58?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Century Child

Some of the dancing in this video reminds me of Solaar Pleure:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofOAdYPpz5Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofOAdYPpz5Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 11-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Wow! I'm...wow! That was different! She certainly broken away from her Moi Lolita/gourmandises/ACC mold and has created a style of her own. Parts of the video remind me of past videos Madonna did.

Lots of hidden meanings, certainly open for interpertation. I don't know what the meaning is of supposdedly having two Alizee's....one is wearing a mask?
Old 11-16-2007, 11:11 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Undoubtedly there may be more layers of meaning to the video, ...
Thank you, Deepwaters too. That's the sort of thing I was looking for. It helps to understand what all that was supposed to be. Having said that, first impression: this is one of those kind of things that probably appeals to actors or the artsy types. And, as clever as it might be to have these elements and infuse a modern culture aspect on it and as much as perhaps Alizée would take it as a compliment that I think her dance moves remind me of anything from Madonna through Lorie (maybe?) (or perhaps unfortunately, Britney Spears), I must say that though she looks pretty and her singing is good, just about everything I liked about Alizée before is missing from this video.
So, even if one can praise it for it's artistic competence of expression, maybe I'm just not that interested in the message. Maybe I'm a simple guy. Ok, fine, maybe I just like the Lolita image. Done. Said. There you go. I can't relate to this Romeo and Juliette stuff. Maybe also I can't relate to this more modern culture (krumping or whatever).

I never particularly cared for those types of dances moves with the arms doing the quick moves. It does not seem like natural movement. It does not seem like what I think of as dance. I find it to very much contrast with the JEAM dance, for example, and even the JPVA. I've seen Mylène do some dancing and I don't particularly like her dancing either, but I like Alizée's earlier dancing. There are maybe one or two moves that seemed slightly goofy from JPVA, but I like that dance too. As you know, I find the JEAM to be out of this world. In this video, she's not really using her body. The moves aren't sexy like the earlier Alizée. Maybe that's intentional, but as I said it appears I'm a simple guy.

I will say that some of the moves seem to make more sense in the context of the video as a whole rather than just seeing a part of it.
Watching it, I found that shoulder shrug move a bit overdone too, but it at least makes sense considering what she is saying "drame" (drama), though I think it gives me a little different impression than I got from just hearing her say it. May if she had tilted her head forward a bit and had a more serious expression it would be more like what I hear.

About two Lilis, I don't get that impression. Ok, the other has a tattoo as well, but it's different.

I found the Romeo at the end kind of amusing. He seems to be pouting. He came up to see his Juliette, but he's not invited in. Why doth she treat him thus? It would be so much better if it was Jérémy. I know that whole discussion, but still it's fun to imagine. They should have her smiling down at him, then get a closer shot of him smiling back. That smile of Jérém's would be so good here. He's got the look, you know.

Lefty12357, I agree the fade out was a too quick (no big deal though).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
TV stations are just gonna cut that part off anyway.
Oh, yeah, like they cut the end off of Moi...Lolita totally changing the meaning of the end of the video? That kind of think must be infuriating to a film maker. Those who cut make it look like Lolita is looking at the guy with a smile at the end, like now he gets the girl like it's Grease or something, but in actuality if you leave the end in, he's left in the same position as before. If they cut Romeo, I swear they are doing the same god damn thing! -though maybe not quite as bad because this video is a bit more ambiguous anyway.

I really hate criticizing Alizée's video after it was apparently thought out and is trying to do something clever, but the genius of primal appeal is perhaps what I liked before. Hopefully, I will change my mind at least a little.

Merci Fanny
Old 11-16-2007, 11:35 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

btw, what's the significance of ladies only crowd? is it a lesbian brothel or something? is that why romeo isn't allowed in?

+1 for not a fan of the vogue style hand/arm dancing. i don't know if that would look good during a TV performance.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I don't believe that the woman in the black mask is Alizée. Or Juliette. In the opening scene, she's the one who comes out on the balcony and pulls Juliette into the mansion and away from Romeo. I think she's a figure representing Death, or maybe Tragedy. Or maybe, despite the gender-bending, she's supposed to be Shakespeare, or Shakespeare's muse. So I don't think this is a transformation, Juliette deciding to go all black (Montague). Nor do I think either that Juliet from the play would make that choice (she and Romeo wanted to elope and get away from both families and their craziness), or that that is the message of the song.

Tastes vary. I like the arm movements and the dance. I like this dancing by Alizée better than JEAM or JPVA, not so much because the dance itself is better as because it's obvious Alizée's dancing has improved; she could probably do those older dances better than before, too.

Interesting suggestions about the references to the earlier albums in the goodie-snatching and the bath, I missed that.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716