Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Trick of the Tail

Shintsu is on a distinguished road

That's an amazing story, congratulations Cooney! I'm afraid I would've looked like a fool! I really must get on learning French since I can barely pronunciate it let alone speak it. Really a shame that I actually took classes on Spanish and not French!
Old 12-04-2007, 11:32 PM

Abstract Being is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much Cooney, your story is awesome, full of details. I appreciate it so much. I'm all smiles too, the fact that she remembered your post must be amazing, something I hope you don't forget.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:45 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

thanks cooney, awesome!

must have been great talking to her, i honestly can't imagine...
Old 12-04-2007, 11:48 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Cooney! That was a truly amazing story. Perhaps when you have a chance, we'd love to hear your perspectives on other happenings, e.g. Roman's tattoo-unveiling, meeting Jessica, other fans from AFC/etc., the Slovak news crew(?), the after-party, etc.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Apparently Roman's little stunt even made the papers. That has to be one of the biggest compliments she's received from a fan.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:59 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

hahahaha! unbelievable......
Old 12-04-2007, 11:59 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

HAHAHAHA

Roman is the freakin' man.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:03 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

man i can't wait to hear roman's story... i'm trying to imagine alizee and other people's reactions when they saw him starting to undress himself.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

great pose too LOL
Old 12-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyACE View Post
Cooney, thank you so much for sharing your story. That was a great account of your experience but I'm sure the mere words can't describe the actual feeling of being there, face to face with her. By the way, do you have any pics? Would love to see them.

I'm looking forward to reading Roman's, Snatcher's, RMJ's and other people's stories who were there for the event.
Unfortunately, most of my pictures of the Alizée event itself turned out terribly blurry. My hands were jittering like mad, and weren't helped by the fact that one generally had to hold the camera up high while getting jostled to take pics. I do have a couple though. RMJ is the master, however, and with his ubercameras took hundreds of pictures, including many that are simply gorgeous and stunningly detailed. I'll see if I can dig out the ones that don't suck as badly as the others, and get them posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
WOWZA! That story gave me goose-bumps! Just...WOW! I envy you, Cooney! And she DOES read her myspace! That's awesome. I should take more care in writing my messages and start doing em in French... Did you see CF, RMJ..etc, and the other guyz?
Great story, man!

*Thread bookedmarked*
Absolutely she reads her Myspace, it's hers to manage :-) I definitely saw the other guys - I was rooming with two of them, and we were all at the same hotel, dressed the same, etc. There are a couple group pics RMJ has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Congratulations Cooney! That was a truly amazing story. Perhaps when you have a chance, we'd love to hear your perspectives on other happenings, e.g. Roman's tattoo-unveiling, meeting Jessica, other fans from AFC/etc., the Slovak news crew(?), the after-party, etc.

Well, I'd rather let Roman talk about his tattoo thing - that's his thunder, and none of us ought to steal it. He flew home today as well, but his plane was getting in later at night, I believe, so we might not see him 'til tommorrow. All I'll say was, it was damn impressive, and both Lili and the crowd had a heck of a reaction.

Meeting Jessica was something I missed out on, relative to the others. As I said, I got to say hello and introduce myself while we were in line, but apparently while I obliviously wasted my time upstairs, she came down the line and chatted with the others, gave them kisses on the cheek, and posed for a picture with one of the LP's. She was immediately grabbed by an E! news reporter after getting her autographs and went off to a corner to be interviewed.

The after party mostly consisted of reviewing photos and then going to sleep, sorry to say. Once she was gone, we kinda got hit by the fatigue of having been in a store on our feet for most of 12 hours, plus time zones, long flights, and all that jazz.

The whole thing, overall, felt huge. I don't know if Virgin was expecting it to be so large, or not. The entire ground floor was packed when the event began... hundreds of people in line on one side, and a mob of photographers and lookers-on on the other. It was like a carnival atmosphere, but people stayed very patient, and it was smiles all around.

------------------

For what it's worth, that article confirms the rumor that Alizée bought back the rights to her name for the symbolic price of 1 Euro.

Last edited by Cooney; 12-05-2007 at 12:16 AM..