Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-05-2007, 12:14 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Absolutely she reads her Myspace, it's hers to manage
I figured she still did, but I think its just absolutely amazing that she remembered your comment. I have to say, I can't even begin to predict how I would react to a comment like that.

By the way, this thread is only reinforcing my claim that I will be there next time something happens.

Last edited by Fish; 12-05-2007 at 12:21 AM..
Old 12-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Well, Cooney, whatever pics you can dig up would be awesome. Also any other little details about your trip.

Thanks for the myspace bit of info Cooney. Was there any indication at the event that she does speak English? I'm hoping to write something on her myspace or send her a private message, but English would be my only way.

I can imagine you guys would be slammed afterwards. Spending the entire day like that, full of adrenaline.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I figured she still did, but I think its just absolutely amazing that she remembered your comment. I have to say, I can't even begin to predict how I would react to a comment like that.

By the way, this thread is only reinforcing my claim that I will be there next time something happens.
Yeah, I didn't think about it enough to react at the time. I just heard the question and replied; the significance of it struck me as I left the stage :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyACE View Post
Well, Cooney, whatever pics you can dig up would be awesome. Also any other little details about your trip.

Thanks for the myspace bit of info Cooney. Was there any indication at the event that she does speak English? I'm hoping to write something on her myspace or send her a private message, but English would be my only way.

I can imagine you guys would be slammed afterwards. Spending the entire day like that, full of adrenaline.
Well, either she understood me, or humored me, enough that she didn't switch languages, so I didn't get the opportunity to hear that super-cute accent she has on English. I know she did ask "where are you from?" in those words to one of our companions when she realized he spoke English and not French, but I don't know how much that's indicative of. I got the impression that one of her entourage was helping translate at points, but that's based only on a visual of how certain conversations were carried out, not audio, and there were many more fans than just us there that didn't all speak French.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:37 AM

josh982 is on a distinguished road

woow Cooney congratulations i think this would be a day youll never forget and who would? i hope to see her just like you did one day ,maybe next autograph session but in france cause i want to see many other things . thanks for your story that gave me a full view of what happen
Old 12-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Est. 11-10-2007

So how did CF, Snatcher, and RMJ do with their meetings? I mean since they don't speak French? I imagine you were the most proficient one out of the bunch.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:40 AM
485 Internet points!

Solaris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So how did CF, Snatcher, and RMJ do with their meetings? I mean since they don't speak French? I imagine you were the most proficient one out of the bunch.
I believe they are all quite good at it. snatcher had already been to France and RMJ did give us that how to pronounce Lili lesson that was very helpful.

[9:59] [Solaris] here comes marik!
[Alizée Bar and Grill]: marik has entered at 9:59
[9:59] [Bill Seals] OH shite
[9:59] [Solaris] I TOLD YOU
[9:59] [Chommpers] mind powers
Old 12-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
I believe they are all quite good at it. snatcher had already been to France and RMJ did give us that how to pronounce Lili lesson that was very helpful.
LLLLLLIIIIILLLLLLIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!! (DOH!)

Solaris - i lol'd!

No offense meant RMJ!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 12-05-2007, 01:03 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You'll have to ask them when they get back (though I'm sure they'll all tell us without being bidden!). The experience is very personal.

Here are 10 pics that aren't horrible, but which still are an excellent reminder why a high quality camera, training, and a steady hand are valuable assets :-P Sorry they're so wide in some cases, but these are actually all reduced by 50%, and I hate to drop quality on anything Alizée related.

This is one of the giant (7 feet tall, maybe more) display boards that was up in the entrance. I wanted to ask how much, but as they are made of rigid foamcore material, they'd have to be shipped home flat, which would probably cost more than my plane ticket did:

From left to right, CFHollisters, Snatcher42, RMJ, and Roman. I took this one right at the beginning of the 8 hour wait, just after we all bought the albums, and just before we all got asked to not sit on the steps:

Alizée's new album, on display. It actually was perfectly well lighted, the darkness in the picture is just my own poor composition:

An accidental shot? Nope! Those are Alizée's shoes, which were quite fashionable and attractive, on the occasions they peaked out from under the tablecloth:

Just a random shot of a fan getting something signed, to give an idea of where we were in relation to her after having gone through the process ourselves. It was, perhaps, 5 meters away... for 3 hours! Woot:

The best picture on my camera of her, taken exactly as somebody else's flashbulb goes off. People weren't supposed to use flash, but lots of folks did anyway. This picture was actually taken with my camera by Snatcher42, hence the increase in quality:

Me in our hotel room afterwards, displaying my spoils:

Close up 1 - the LE disc:

Close up 2 - the Vinyl:

Close up 3 - Inside of the Standard disc:
Old 12-05-2007, 01:07 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Excellent pictures, Cooney.
Can't help but wish I had been there!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Est. 11-10-2007

Thank you for the pics Cooney. RMJ actually looks different than what I imagined, the rest of you I've seen pics of before.

You've got some real treasures brought back with you too.