Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I just did a quick check and found there were 12 different listing for downloading Alizée's Pschedelices free (Pirated). Heck one was up 2 days before the CD was even released. So I think any sales over 50,000 of any CD today is a miracle. I ended up buying 6 CD's, 3 LE and 3 regular to support Alizée.
What do you expect? iTunes and Limewire have everything. People don't even bother with CD's anymore. I bought the CD because in US I got the half songs and not the finished ones. And there is a DVD and a poster inside haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Ok, old fart alert.

I really wish someone could drop a "Nuke" virus on all those "free" download sites, because those sites, and the people that use them, are at least 1/2 the problem today. "Free" downloads are just theft. Nothing more, nothing less. Stealing, lying and cheating - so you don't like what the labels are doing? I don't either! But i won't stoop to stealing, that takes more from the artists in the long run...

I remember when the CD format first came out - "Album costs will go down by (you supply the percentage - they were all nuts) xx% - CD's are SOOO much cheaper to make"... Well - maybe i'm just a cynic, but I never expected the labels to give up thier money in the first place.....

I'm hoping that Alizée (and other artists) can continue to make a living, making music they like. I don't like every genre, but I still hope everyone can make a living doing what they love, so that the artists that I love can continue to make music that I like.......

Maybe direct marketing is the answer (in the long run) - but that only works for established talents........... How are the newbies going to get discovered?

Ed
Why do people sponser those websites. Why does the government allow those websites. Find that nuke and tell me when your dropping it because I want to be on that website when it goes down for good and then maybe music will be bought the right way.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:52 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

I agree with Ed entirely here. Not only did nothing happen to price when the CD came out, but look at digital downloads, where there's not manufacturing at all! Still $10, with Apple taking the overhead, and all you get is the music. No case, no insert, just chains running to you iPod, since that's all it will play on. Not only that, the sound quality is awful at only 128kbps. Apple has solved some of these problems with "iTunes Plus," but unti all of the record companies agree to something rational like that, it will be a sad time.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Greedy music companies and piracy will be a problem for years to come, but the main reason Alizées sales numbers for her newest album are not that good is because it's just an average cd, imo. There's only one song on it that I enjoy listening to over and over and thats Par Les Paupieres. On her first 2 cds there were at least 10 songs that I still listen to on a regular basis. I hope she doesn't get disappointed by these numbers and decide to retire from the music business. I think she has just as much talent as she did years ago, it's just a question of getting her some good material and people to work with.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:35 PM

BluKrim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Greedy music companies and piracy will be a problem for years to come, but the main reason Alizées sales numbers for her newest album are not that good is because it's just an average cd, imo. There's only one song on it that I enjoy listening to over and over and thats Par Les Paupieres. On her first 2 cds there were at least 10 songs that I still listen to on a regular basis. I hope she doesn't get disappointed by these numbers and decide to retire from the music business. I think she has just as much talent as she did years ago, it's just a question of getting her some good material and people to work with.
Yeah, I hope one day that the music companies won't be so greedy, They barely do any work and the artist makes the songs and works so hard to make them and the music companies don't care too much because they know they can always get a replacement all they care about is money and so the cd sells or to raise the prices to make more money. I really don't like going to the store buying a CD and knowing a lot of the money goes to the music company not the artist who deserves it for all their work but what can you do downloading the music for free only contributes to the problem and makes it even worse. that really is to bad. I hope Alizee continues to make music and does what she loves, I really like her new album it has a new sound and I like just as much as her old stuff or more.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 AM

mal is on a distinguished road

1) she should come in us market in france. rammstein sells plenty in all german

2) yes she should sell her album via download with lots of ads on the page for very cheap.

3) yes she should have an overpriced version (signed/kissed) for those of us fans who wish to donate to our favorite cause which is our right.

4) her sales are quite good. If only a us juggernaut who knows how to sell records picked her up. they would make tons for themselves and for her.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:47 AM

JuanARG is on a distinguished road

Alizeé - Psychédélices.

02/12 - 08/12 16 11292 ex.
09/12 - 15/12 33 7701 ex.
16/12 - 22/12 52 7360 ex.
23/12 - 29/12 65 3649 ex.

Totally : 29.822 ex. 4 Weeks.

Merci ManulinA!!!!! from the AFC.
Alizée, une passion, un sentiment !!!!!!!!.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanARG View Post
Alizeé - Psychédélices.

02/12 - 08/12 16 11292 ex.
09/12 - 15/12 33 7701 ex.
16/12 - 22/12 52 7360 ex.
23/12 - 29/12 65 3649 ex.

Totally : 29.822 ex. 4 Weeks.
Source please? Where did u get these sales figures?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:50 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Not only that, the sound quality is awful at only 128kbps. Apple has solved some of these problems with "iTunes Plus," but unti all of the record companies agree to something rational like that, it will be a sad time.
well don't forget that 128kbps iTunes songs are in AAC not MP3. it is of higher quality than a 128kbps mp3. i do like the idea of them moving to the DRM free mp3 format following amazon, but it might be too late as all the big labels are joining amazon now. as much as i hate DRM WMA's, i also want to see the end of DRM AAC and everyone move to one DRM free format, as long as the quality is good. my choice at the moment would be VBR mp3 format.

Last edited by heyamigo; 01-05-2008 at 03:54 AM..