Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:50 AM

clique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I still don't understand it. She wont come here but she went to Moscow after what happened to Napoleon there.
I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but I don't think she cares what happened 200 years ago. No one should take stuff like that into consideration when forming an opinion about a country.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:54 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Deja-Vu... http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...ight=wake+call

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 01-07-2008 at 11:57 AM..
Old 01-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm tired and I'm just about to get some sleep but I was just watching Alizée's video I'm not twenty that was filmed at the Eiffel tower and I can't help but wonder, what was the political climate like back then and what was it like during a lot of her early career? Remember all the animosity between our two countries several years ago. Wasn't it when we went to bomb Lybia that France denied us over flights of their country? I know that was numerous years ago but are there still hard feelings? Remember french fries and freedom fries? Does this have anything to do with the fact that she has never come to this country to perform. This country, I think would be a gold mine for her. Remember when the Dixie chicks got into trouble for criticizing our president when they were over seas? What year was that? I could look it up but I'm too tired right now but I thought it would be an interesting subject for discussion. There has to be some reason for her not wanting to come to this country. She said in one of her interviews that there were too many sharks in this country and there are a lot of sharks here but there's also a lot of good people here who would love to see her perform in this country. I think it's very disappointing that the only part of this country that's she's seen is Las Vegas. Maybe that has something to do with it. If you want to bring someone as beautiful as her to our country, why would you start off with Las Vegas. The grand canyon isn't that far away and there are so many beautiful parts of our country in that area but no, she had to go to Las Vegas. We helped them out so much during world war 1 and 2 and they helped us out so much during our war of independence, you would think America or at least Canada would be one of her places she would want to visit in her tour outside of Europe. Maybe someone in her family, or maybe Mylene or Laurent's criticism of the U.S. was why she has never come here. I really would like to know.
When you mean sharks, you mean politicians right? It wasn't you and me or anyone who said lets goto war and cause ALOT of conflict between our 2 countries. I HATE THAT. I hate that people have hatred for this country and that country. GET OVER IT. We live on the same earth. Us American's or some of us would like to see Alizee come too America and perform her wonderful songs for us mr politicians. It wasn't me who said lets goto war and create so much tension. So why should we be punished. Maybe it was MF and LB who said things to Alizee about America. I really don't know but all I know is that things have changed alot. The people of France have a new and conservative president who came too America in October and wanted to ease tension between the 2 countries. But it is good that some tension has been eased. I really want to see Alizee come to America and have a good time rather than her be here and have a horrible time. Freedom Fries? Come on guys that is the most horrible statement/joke/insult I have ever herd. It is absurd to say that since the French didn't help us that means we need to insult them. Childish it is. I have nothing against the French. THEY GAVE US THE STATUE OF LIBERTY, man friends since the 1700's lets stay that way huh?

All you need is 1 Truck.

Last edited by Youpidou1; 01-07-2008 at 12:23 PM..
Old 01-07-2008, 12:32 PM

GianGian is on a distinguished road

People, it's ridiculous to discuss about this nationalist ideas. We are not politicians, and none of us was responsible for whatever war. And musicians and business man don't think about history when doing plans, they think about money.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Wash warm, tumble dry.

ed2010 is on a distinguished road

I saw this over on BBC, don't know if its applicable to the conversation or not.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6547881.stm
Old 01-07-2008, 01:01 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Keep in mind we often fail to look at events through the eyes (culturally, religiously, and nationally) of others. In so doing, we ascribe their actions to our train of thought not realizing that sometimes not only are the trains different, they're on completely different tracks going in the opposite direction.

Take, for instance, an American stating: "Alizée should come to America, she will hit it big over here". The American train of thought could be supportive, as in I wish Alizée would come over here because we love her and can't wait to see her in concert. Now, put yourself in the shoes of a Frenchman, who might follow a train of interpretion along the lines of Alizée can't make it unless she comes to America. We have the same statement, yet two trains of thought about the meaning behind the statement.

Sometimes dictators go to great lengths to hide nasty stuff that doesn't exist because dictators don't want neighboring (and some internal) enemies to know that no nasty stuff exists. Americans have grown up in a culture that if you keep thwarting attempts to check for nasty stuff, then you must be hiding nasty stuff. Why hide something you don't have?

In the Alizée example, failure to understand the culture of expression can make a friendly invitation seem egotistical. In the dictator example, failure to understand a culture can be a catalyst for war.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:09 PM

Runner Simon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GianGian View Post
We are not politicians,
Oh, really?
Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GianGian View Post
People, it's ridiculous to discuss about this nationalist ideas. We are not politicians, and none of us was responsible for whatever war. And musicians and business man don't think about history when doing plans, they think about money.
You must understand that what happens with our countries politicians effects us alot. If we goto war then the country goes to war, sons and daughters, moms and dads, brothers and sisters, goto war...that is WHY we are ALLOWED to discuss whatever we want because it is in our consititution. First Amendment. The right to free speech and free religion.

All you need is 1 Truck.

Last edited by Youpidou1; 01-07-2008 at 01:33 PM..
Old 01-07-2008, 01:40 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Ogre and thank the person who posted the article about anti-americanism.

The way the american media works, it makes it sound as if everything that has either not started here and become successful, or has not come here from elsewhere and become successful, just isn't worth the trouble to consider as being important.

Consider that if you lived in another part of the world, as some of our forum members do, that if you heard this often enough, you may get so sick and tired of hearing it, that you begin to feel anti-american about other things.

Now, add to this, the political climate of the world and the fact that we, whether right or wrong always are sticking our noses into other nations affairs. After awhile, if I lived in another nation such as France, I too would not want anything to do with america.

The world does not revolve around what this country does, unless we are in fact, sticking our noses into someone elses business which isn't always a good thing to do, regardless of what anyone else thinks. They have the right to feel that what each other country contributes is just as important from their point of view.

I know that when I finally get the chance to go to France, I plan to be as humble, and French-thinking as possible, so as not to be looked at as "an ugly amercian".

Last edited by C-4; 01-07-2008 at 01:44 PM..
Old 01-07-2008, 01:41 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
that is WHY we are ALLOWED to discuss whatever we want because it is in our consititution. First Amendment. The right to free speech and free religion.
On the other hand, Brad (and his duly authorized mods) have the authority to squash free speech within the confines of this forum as they see fit.