Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Why did her new album fail?
Her clothing 0 0%
Deviation from mainstream pop 4 7.69%
Her long absense 1 1.92%
lack of sexiness 1 1.92%
lack of dance 2 3.85%
ineptitude of the record company 2 3.85%
Bad or lack of TV performances 0 0%
Bad producers 1 1.92%
Marriage 1 1.92%
Overall quality of album (I am sure no one is gonna vote for this) 3 5.77%
Bad single choice and music video 3 5.77%
Bad lyrics 1 1.92%
Separaation fro LB and MF 14 26.92%
Loss of her previous images 8 15.38%
Bad reviews 0 0%
Alizee's lack of experience (probably not true. I am sure no one is gonna vote for this either 0 0%
No international album 1 1.92%
Her overal looks 1 1.92%
Bad interviews 0 0%
....other 9 17.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
Still for a true artist music is not so much of business as of pleasure, if he makes a lot of money it's all good, but the difference is that money is not the main overall goal.
Absolutely.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:04 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Par Les Paupieres is a great song and the album overall is good in his own merits and Alizee singing on high tones adds to "New Alizee" impression as well. But I still feel this album is not serious, it remindes me of japanesse videogame music. It is beautiful, but lacks affluence and depth. Laurent Boutonnat music on the other hand is amazing.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:05 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It is beautiful, but lacks affluence and depth. Laurent Boutonnat music on the other hand is amazing.
A prodigy indeed we would have if Alizée et al., at age 23, could produce compositions to rival one of the masters at age 46.

There are stages where we build experience....learn....grow.....and build some more. Although I don't particularly like to throw age around, I will make an exception here. The younger you are, the more you see today and tomorrow as defining moments for you have a very limited past from which to draw experience. The older you are, the more you see past events as defining moments, because you have a lot more of those experiences to draw from.

In the case of Psychedelices, it is too easy to see the defining moment as failure because it did not meet expectations for today. As an old fart, I see Psychedelices in much longer terms and in broader depth. If not the success of expectation in its own right (it still can be), it is most definitely a success as a foundation on which to build future success. I feel a lot more comfortable about Alizée's long term success after seeing her produce this work in its current form than I would if she were only the voice and dance for lyrics and composition produced by MF and LB.

Enjoy the ride folks. Don't get too concerned about some bumps along the way. The track is good. The train is strong. Enjoy the ride.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Alizée Fanatic

ES3 is on a distinguished road

Indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

C'est Pas ma faute!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:52 AM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
A prodigy indeed we would have if Alizée et al., at age 23, could produce compositions to rival one of the masters at age 46.

There are stages where we build experience....learn....grow.....and build some more. Although I don't particularly like to throw age around, I will make an exception here. The younger you are, the more you see today and tomorrow as defining moments for you have a very limited past from which to draw experience. The older you are, the more you see past events as defining moments, because you have a lot more of those experiences to draw from.

In the case of Psychedelices, it is too easy to see the defining moment as failure because it did not meet expectations for today. As an old fart, I see Psychedelices in much longer terms and in broader depth. If not the success of expectation in its own right (it still can be), it is most definitely a success as a foundation on which to build future success. I feel a lot more comfortable about Alizée's long term success after seeing her produce this work in its current form than I would if she were only the voice and dance for lyrics and composition produced by MF and LB.

Enjoy the ride folks. Don't get too concerned about some bumps along the way. The track is good. The train is strong. Enjoy the ride.
She didn't compose the music, maybe some of the lyrics, but she did that from the first days of her career. Why, is the new camp better just because they are friends of Jeremy and of course Alizee by the end of the day? Why would anyone think that LB & MF are worse, or are the gray wolfs, or something like that, just because they are majestic? That majesty is well-earned. I will just say, with all the confidence, Alizee was lucky to meet such tallented and experienced musicians and they must be very cool personalities. They both work together since 1984, if I remember it correctly, and they delivered some really great music.

I'm still listening to "Hey! Amigo!"
I find it truly inspiring, Alizee sings so nice, articulation and harmony alliance at its best.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post

Actually, the average teenager wasn't well positioned to appreciate the subtleties of the M/L songs, either, but they could still relate to the hot teen chick with her pretty smile and pretty voice. And because she was about the same age they were, they could imagine asking her out (or asking out someone like her) without cognitive dissonance. Now that she's a grown woman with a live-in and a child, that becomes harder to imagine.
I would agree, before, people could imagine being with a girl like her. She was so cute and innocent looking. Now, that she is married and has a daughter, her image has changed. She is starting to becoame a woman now. I know from comments made by other people, they initally find her very attractive when the look at videos from the Gourmandise and MCE era, but after they find out that she is married and has a daughter, their impression about her completely changes, like it's a total turn off.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:19 AM

knight is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I would agree, before, people could imagine being with a girl like her. She was so cute and innocent looking. Now, that she is married and has a daughter, her image has changed. She is starting to becoame a woman now. I know from comments made by other people, they initally find her very attractive when the look at videos from the Gourmandise and MCE era, but after they find out that she is married and has a daughter, their impression about her completely changes, like it's a total turn off.
YES for me this has been one big reason. But there are some other considerations as well.
People say the break she took reduced her fan base but just think it other way round when someone goes away and comes back with a bang he suddenly becomes more popular. This must have been the idea behind that break but somehow I don't know why it turned into a mess for Alizee. One reason that suddenly comes to the mind is again that marriage thing. New fans would just say oh its over she is already married, why not try some other pretty lady.
Then we all know that lolita girl is no more there. That mystic character of lolita is nowhere to be seen. Many fans were not true fans of Alizee they just used to love lolita and now they can't find her.
For me Alizee hasn't grown as she should have. Some rigidity in her personality just don't allow her to be a mega star that she should have been by now. How many people speak and understand french, not many, but she wont sing in international language. I wonder if she already thinks that she have achieved enough. Then this might just be the deciding factor. She don't want any more success so she will not get it. Just because she have had so much already she don't want anymore. She is also a mother now and one thing is for sure women get more joy being a mother then anything else. Might be she knows that she didn't do justice with this new album. She doesn't care about it anymore because she enjoys her baby more.

Other comments which said much about future, well we can just hope nobody can say for certain that this album might be a failure at the moment but it will prove a big milestone in Alizee's career. I hope it will but what if it doesn't.

All day we can talk but still the reasons why anyone buys any album are just
1.singer 2.songs(music)
well our singer Alizee is still there but she has changed, that we all know.
music, we can have a debate on it but at the end we all will agree the quality is not the same as it was for previous albums.
So how can it sales someday become as large as large as her previous albums.Hope is a good thing to have but I find it very hard to hope on this matter.
Only if she reconsiders and be flexible then might be her future albums will do great.
I will be her fan whatever she does but there are not many who think this way. ARE THERE?
yups I'm twenty.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Quote:
She didn't compose the music, maybe some of the lyrics, but she did that from the first days of her career.
I believe OGRE was refering to Jérémy as the 23 year-old composer.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:16 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I believe OGRE was refering to Jérémy as the 23 year-old composer.
Actually, the "et al." was intended to cover the "group".
Old 01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight View Post
YES for me this has been one big reason. But there are some other considerations as well.
People say the break she took reduced her fan base but just think it other way round when someone goes away and comes back with a bang he suddenly becomes more popular. This must have been the idea behind that break but somehow I don't know why it turned into a mess for Alizee. One reason that suddenly comes to the mind is again that marriage thing. New fans would just say oh its over she is already married, why not try some other pretty lady.
Then we all know that lolita girl is no more there. That mystic character of lolita is nowhere to be seen. Many fans were not true fans of Alizee they just used to love lolita and now they can't find her.
For me Alizee hasn't grown as she should have. Some rigidity in her personality just don't allow her to be a mega star that she should have been by now. How many people speak and understand french, not many, but she wont sing in international language. I wonder if she already thinks that she have achieved enough. Then this might just be the deciding factor. She don't want any more success so she will not get it. Just because she have had so much already she don't want anymore. She is also a mother now and one thing is for sure women get more joy being a mother then anything else. Might be she knows that she didn't do justice with this new album. She doesn't care about it anymore because she enjoys her baby more.

Other comments which said much about future, well we can just hope nobody can say for certain that this album might be a failure at the moment but it will prove a big milestone in Alizee's career. I hope it will but what if it doesn't.

All day we can talk but still the reasons why anyone buys any album are just
1.singer 2.songs(music)
well our singer Alizee is still there but she has changed, that we all know.
music, we can have a debate on it but at the end we all will agree the quality is not the same as it was for previous albums.
So how can it sales someday become as large as large as her previous albums.Hope is a good thing to have but I find it very hard to hope on this matter.
Only if she reconsiders and be flexible then might be her future albums will do great.
I will be her fan whatever she does but there are not many who think this way. ARE THERE?
I will enjoy her music forever, so I am and will be a fan of Alizee. Strangely I find myself listening to Alizee most often, I also love many-many songs of Mylene Farmer, the genre created by Laurent Boutonnat meets my taste perfectly.