Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Why did her new album fail?
Her clothing 0 0%
Deviation from mainstream pop 4 7.69%
Her long absense 1 1.92%
lack of sexiness 1 1.92%
lack of dance 2 3.85%
ineptitude of the record company 2 3.85%
Bad or lack of TV performances 0 0%
Bad producers 1 1.92%
Marriage 1 1.92%
Overall quality of album (I am sure no one is gonna vote for this) 3 5.77%
Bad single choice and music video 3 5.77%
Bad lyrics 1 1.92%
Separaation fro LB and MF 14 26.92%
Loss of her previous images 8 15.38%
Bad reviews 0 0%
Alizee's lack of experience (probably not true. I am sure no one is gonna vote for this either 0 0%
No international album 1 1.92%
Her overal looks 1 1.92%
Bad interviews 0 0%
....other 9 17.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2008, 05:54 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
they made a great team together and if not Alizee's mariage they most likely would've continued exploring the musical universe together. But I am happy with what I have, so no complaints at all.
And there is nothing stopping them from hooking up in the future.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:24 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
And there is nothing stopping them from hooking up in the future.
Yes! Let's hope that. Over time they only get better, like wine. So, if anything, it's all good officially.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Undoubtedly, they (A-M-L) made a great team together and if not Alizee's mariage they most likely would've continued exploring the musical universe together.
I very much doubt that the J-man had anything to do with it, although Alizée's biological clock may have had something to do with both, at least in terms of timing.

Since we now know there's no bad blood between them, though, I imagine she might consider performing future M/L work written for her, once she's proven herself with the work of other composers and writers. What I'm sure will never happen is a return to an exclusive partnership such as they had in the past.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I very much doubt that the J-man had anything to do with it, although Alizée's biological clock may have had something to do with both, at least in terms of timing.

Since we now know there's no bad blood between them, though, I imagine she might consider performing future M/L work written for her, once she's proven herself with the work of other composers and writers. What I'm sure will never happen is a return to an exclusive partnership such as they had in the past.
I agree. It actually would be nice to see some future collaboration between Alizée and Mylène/Laurent. From the French singers I listen to, one of the things I like, is the level of collaboration with artists. For example, the way that Pascal Obispo collaborates with Melissa Mars and Natasha St-Pier, who in turn appears with Alizée to sing a Pascal Obispo song (L'important c'est d'aimer). However I wouldn't expect JBG to be back togeher for any song for a significant amount of time; Alizée, I think, really is trying to establish her own identity. It's another reason why I think Alizée had to break away from M/L... for me at least, I think it would be really hard for Alizée to establish herself as a serious/legitimate artist in her own right if she continued to be the acknowledged marrionette of Mylène Farmer. She has to get out there and establish her own identity even if it takes a few mis-steps with the general public (personnally I adore the new album). Otherwise I could see Alizée perhaps having greater financial success or record sales, but never really being taken seriously. Alizée has probably decided for herself that she rather struggle for recognition as herself and then come into her own than ride a wave of success underwritten by Mylène. I respect that decision and think it shows maturity and a desire to become something greater, or at least more significant, than just a packaged image that sells lots of records.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think you're right CFH. Alizée did what she had to do, and I am pleased with the results.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:51 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post

I try not to think about it, because of the strangeness and conspiracy, maybe? I, for instance, believe Jeremy had something, or almost everything to do with Alizee's new assignements in music. I let completely aside the fact they have a baby together, that shows they really loved eachother, otherwise it would not be possible in my opinion, we all know Alizee is very resonable, adorable and romantic person. She simply fell in love with Jeremy, she said it herself she liked him at first glance, although this makes Me sad and even deeply anguished.

On the M/L and Alizee relationship I know Alizee realized all the time she had the perfect formula in her hands, everybody inside and outisde Alizee's camp knew that. The main thing which is music was great and Alizee was phenomenal, one of a kind singer for sure.
For me is strange to hear Alizee saying she wanted new exploration in music and be independent, she loves Jeremy's music more huh? Oh really? What about the rest of the world? Or, was it Jeremy that influenced her to be independent, or was the timing so spot on that Mylene could not wait 1 or 2 years? Relatively Yes, but not that is the reason alone, it is the marriage itself actually.
The fact is Alizee changed M&L for Jeremy and the relationship will not be the same anymore, Mylene and Laurent needed her because she was a living part of the union, very important, and I can see why, that is so simple, Alizee is a very talented and charismatic personality, she is totally amazing and she is my dream-girl. All three were strongly connected like there was no business agreement between them, it was friendship, intelligent and fun living.
In the end Alizee went for Jeremy totally, was it out of love, money, respect, influence, I don't know and don't care, I just hope she is all good and happy.
Life is simple from one point of veiw, everything is "Cause-Effect" related. Decisions lead to results and nothing can be changed back, but there's better alternative on the horizon, they can get together again and make good music, Alizee surely will never forget Mylene who was everything to her, Mylene adored Alizee very much, too. Judging by earlier intervews you can understand they were in a total mutual accordance.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I agree. It actually would be nice to see some future collaboration between Alizée and Mylène/Laurent. From the French singers I listen to, one of the things I like, is the level of collaboration with artists. For example, the way that Pascal Obispo collaborates with Melissa Mars and Natasha St-Pier, who in turn appears with Alizée to sing a Pascal Obispo song (L'important c'est d'aimer). However I wouldn't expect JBG to be back togeher for any song for a significant amount of time; Alizée, I think, really is trying to establish her own identity. It's another reason why I think Alizée had to break away from M/L... for me at least, I think it would be really hard for Alizée to establish herself as a serious/legitimate artist in her own right if she continued to be the acknowledged marrionette of Mylène Farmer. She has to get out there and establish her own identity even if it takes a few mis-steps with the general public (personnally I adore the new album). Otherwise I could see Alizée perhaps having greater financial success or record sales, but never really being taken seriously. Alizée has probably decided for herself that she rather struggle for recognition as herself and then come into her own than ride a wave of success underwritten by Mylène. I respect that decision and think it shows maturity and a desire to become something greater, or at least more significant, than just a packaged image that sells lots of records.
You speak the absolute truth. Alizée did great with MF and LB. But I think the change was great on everyones part. I love the new album and her creativity. Yes yes Moi Lolita never gets old for me. But I want to know why her sales for the new CD are so low. Doesn't the French iTunes purchases count as buying the CD? I am going to go buy a few more CD's from the Virgin Mega Store in NYC for some friends. I wish they would put up a big poster saying Alizée has the best music in this store. That big poster would do a great deal of showing the customers that foreign music is great and fun to listen too. Thanks CFH you spoke the truth and I am more educated than I was 10 minutes ago before I started this reply...11 minutes ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I think you're right CFH. Alizée did what she had to do, and I am pleased with the results.
Me too Lefty me too.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:25 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Such people like Mylene never get primitive enough to manipulate, or making one feel manipulated, or even worse invisibly manipulate through dirty and clever manners. Perhaps you don't know well Mylene, she is freaking adorable and intelligent woman, very misterious in a beautiful way with a very deep and soft inner world, she is like a goddess. She is 46 and still looks good and sings beautiful. And she never went for any surgery-shmurgery rubbish that makes you look bad and fake, so she has a great self-respect and self confidence, she is very natural. She is also very well respected in France and whole Europe, her concerts are spectacular and I Adore and respect her very much!
People as Mylene, I repeat, never manipulate, she knows better ways of living- interesting and authentic. Only politicians and politician-like people manipulate because they are idiots, very primitive people that's why they created so much disaster in the world.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 01-08-2008 at 10:35 PM..
Old 01-08-2008, 11:13 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mylene, she is freaking adorable and intelligent woman, very misterious in a beautiful way with a very deep and soft inner world, she is like a goddess.
Oui!

Always refreshing to talk about a beautiful woman who is older than me on a board centered around a beautiful woman 21 years my junior.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:42 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I let completely aside the fact they have a baby together, that shows they really loved each other
I don't doubt they do (for other reasons), but all the baby shows is that they had sex, didn't use birth control (or it failed), and didn't abort.

Quote:
She simply fell in love with Jeremy, she said it herself she liked him at first glance, although this makes Me sad and even deeply anguished.
Ah, you lack proper cynicism, young grasshopper. I present a quote from Jaguar, one of the major characters in my new novel in progress, who appears to have gotten your share, as he is overendowed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar
Look, I don't want you to misconstrue my motives. I'm quite fond of Karla, and I'd be delighted to bed her, but I don't believe I'm in love with her. If I thought you two had any future together, I'd give you my blessing and be very happy for you. It's been many years since I was last in love, but not so long that I can't remember what it's like: the drunkenness in the blood, the loss of balance, the inability to think sensibly. The utter insanity. On one level, it's nature's way of ensuring that the species is propagated, because it makes people have a lot of sex until pregnancy results, and then keeps them together just long enough for the child to be born and grow to a walking, talking creature. Usually by that time the couple is no longer in love, but at that point it doesn't matter and they can both go and do the same thing with others, thus ensuring genetic diversity, even if it is rather rough on peace of mind and happiness.
Personally, cynicism aside, I think it's cool. It hasn't been as long for me as it has for Jaguar (he's immortal), and I can remember what it's like, too, but considering what my relationships with every woman I was in love with turned into -- I don't take that sort of thing very seriously any more. It's fun and intoxicating, but it means very little otherwise.

Quote:
On the M/L and Alizee relationship I know Alizee realized all the time she had the perfect formula in her hands, everybody inside and outisde Alizee's camp knew that.
Perfect formula for what? I'll grant you that she achieved commercial success and fame under the guidance of Auntie Mylène, but it's clear from recent comments that she had other things in mind: artistic creativity, and the chance to make her own preferred kind of music. If that meant a sacrifice of a measure of commercial success she could have had if she'd kept the partnership intact and not taken time off, that was OK with her, and if it's OK with her, it's OK with me.

Quote:
For me is strange to hear Alizee saying she wanted new exploration in music and be independent, she loves Jeremy's music more huh? Oh really? What about the rest of the world?
The rest of the world? You mean like Jean Fauque, Oxmo Puccino, Daniel Darc, Frederic Lo, Bertrand Burgalat?

I've heard these theories before, how Alizée went from being Mylène's puppet to being Jérémy's, and if I were her I'd be insulted by the idea that she was ever the puppet of either one.

Quote:
was the timing so spot on that Mylene could not wait 1 or 2 years?
I think the timing was perfect. Mylène had crafted an image and theme for Alizée that, at 19-20, she was growing beyond. My opinion: she had made the decision to cut the ties with M&L before she ever met Jérémy, and the timing of it was in terms of finishing her concert tour first rather than anything else. If anything, having made this decision she was open to getting into a new romantic relationship, something she'd avoided for the past several years, so the influence went the other direction. She had decided to take some time off, and this gave her time to have a family, so when the opportunity arose she went for it, where if she hadn't made that choice she might not have.

Quote:
Alizee surely will never forget Mylene who was everything to her, Mylene adored Alizee very much, too. Judging by earlier intervews you can understand they were in a total mutual accordance.
Oh, yes, and on more levels, I believe, than were ever openly stated. Here we agree. I'm sure Alizée will always be grateful to Mylène for the opportunities she was given, without which she would be unable to do any of the things she's doing now.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716