Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Why did her new album fail?
Her clothing 0 0%
Deviation from mainstream pop 4 7.69%
Her long absense 1 1.92%
lack of sexiness 1 1.92%
lack of dance 2 3.85%
ineptitude of the record company 2 3.85%
Bad or lack of TV performances 0 0%
Bad producers 1 1.92%
Marriage 1 1.92%
Overall quality of album (I am sure no one is gonna vote for this) 3 5.77%
Bad single choice and music video 3 5.77%
Bad lyrics 1 1.92%
Separaation fro LB and MF 14 26.92%
Loss of her previous images 8 15.38%
Bad reviews 0 0%
Alizee's lack of experience (probably not true. I am sure no one is gonna vote for this either 0 0%
No international album 1 1.92%
Her overal looks 1 1.92%
Bad interviews 0 0%
....other 9 17.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2008, 01:33 AM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I don't doubt they do (for other reasons), but all the baby shows is that they had sex, didn't use birth control (or it failed), and didn't abort. .
I wouldn't say it like that because it's not romantic, more so because today there is so much sex without romance. Even if someone lost this beautiful state, it still is and still beautiful as never before.

Quote:
Ah, you lack proper cynicism, young grasshopper. I present a quote from Jaguar, one of the major characters in my new novel in progress, who appears to have gotten your share, as he is overendowed:

Personally, cynicism aside, I think it's cool. It hasn't been as long for me as it has for Jaguar (he's immortal), and I can remember what it's like, too, but considering what my relationships with every woman I was in love with turned into -- I don't take that sort of thing very seriously any more. It's fun and intoxicating, but it means very little otherwise.
That was great, though kind of hard for me to assimilate because I'm no native english-speaker. You can love without barriers and it's most mysterious and beautiful then, when it is not based on a person, but on your inner-self, it doesn't end. I fell in love with Alizee because I liked what I found, later it doesn't matter anymore, you just love her for she exists. And she always makes me happy when I listen to her music. Strangely enough I've never felt anything so strong and enigmatic about a singer. If it ends, well, what ca I do?

Quote:
Perfect formula for what? I'll grant you that she achieved commercial success and fame under the guidance of Auntie Mylène, but it's clear from recent comments that she had other things in mind: artistic creativity, and the chance to make her own preferred kind of music. If that meant a sacrifice of a measure of commercial success she could have had if she'd kept the partnership intact and not taken time off, that was OK with her, and if it's OK with her, it's OK with me.

The rest of the world? You mean like Jean Fauque, Oxmo Puccino, Daniel Darc, Frederic Lo, Bertrand Burgalat?

I've heard these theories before, how Alizée went from being Mylène's puppet to being Jérémy's, and if I were her I'd be insulted by the idea that she was ever the puppet of either one.
I meant her fans of course, Alizee knew she was making music so many people love and the fact is the music is universally good, it has musical sense, "melody" and depth.
I don't care who's puppet was Alizee and mainly who's theories are these, it is ugly, it's like you said, she would be insulted probably.

Quote:
I think the timing was perfect. Mylène had crafted an image and theme for Alizée that, at 19-20, she was growing beyond. My opinion: she had made the decision to cut the ties with M&L before she ever met Jérémy, and the timing of it was in terms of finishing her concert tour first rather than anything else. If anything, having made this decision she was open to getting into a new romantic relationship, something she'd avoided for the past several years, so the influence went the other direction. She had decided to take some time off, and this gave her time to have a family, so when the opportunity arose she went for it, where if she hadn't made that choice she might not have.
Why would she want to quit? Was she unhappy with Mylene or something? I don't know that, I thought she loved Mylene. And at that point she wanted to be independent, for what? Did she have other life-plans in mind, like marriage, or dancing, or singing for other producers? I don't believe it. Or at that age she had such strong initiative to become alone in her fate that went away from Mylene? That is possible of course, but strange. Alizee was very popular and loved by everyone, she deeply respected Mylene, and in that state you are happy to be with that person, there are no ego-goals here. I believe she was fed-up maby of her singing and concert, but why she sings now then? So logically she just needed a vacation, she was going to get back to music, but she met Jeremy and fell in love with him, girls easely fall in love with cute boys. Then marriage and child was a breeze, and if she wanted that noone could oppose, you cannot humiliate in any way a person like Alizee and Mylene never does it to anyone even, but she's no wimp definitely. Something like your american star Kurt Cobain, talented, as many people compare him to John Lennon of the 90's, reasonable and kind, but not low-profiled and you all loved him to death because he was fun, and because he was real, angelically attractive.
Mylene and Alizee are like that too, though they are very different, but authentic essence is there present on both sides, which is a rarity and because of that they made such a strong union together that both enjoyed, I don't see why it would end aside from the situation that involves her marriage and love for a boy, like Jeremy of course. I believe it was all natural. She loves Jeremy and is happy with him. And that is what she needed if that's what she has.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 01-09-2008 at 01:39 AM..
Old 01-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't doubt they do (for other reasons), but all the baby shows is that they had sex, didn't use birth control (or it failed), and didn't abort.
Her having a baby might have been planned. I believe Alizee said that having a baby at 20 was a target for her mother had her when she was 23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
I fell in love with Alizee because I liked what I found, later it doesn't matter anymore, you just love her for she exists. And she always makes me happy when I listen to her music. Strangely enough I've never felt anything so strong and enigmatic about a singer. If it ends, well, what ca I do?
Hey, me too!
Old 01-09-2008, 01:59 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

I think you guys are incredible !! No one knows anything about the specifics on Alizée's personal life, and business decisions. As far as we know, it could have been Mylene that cut the cord due to Alizée and Jeremy's relationship. Only Alizée and Mylene knows the real truth, and like professionals that they are, they are keeping the lid on it. As far as Alizée not been able to continue with Mylene, that's just another bad guess. Just like those that guessed that her old fans were expecting her to return as a lolita again. She most definitely could have continued with Mylene, no need for her to remain a lolita. Not saying that she should have though, I too am glad she's doing her own thing. Although I do think she could use some advice from a more experience artist. I would have liked very much if she could have received some influence from Nicola (Indochine) !!

Ok, I'm going to make my last post here on this thread with a prediction... I predict that because of the needed for more sales and the urge for more exposure, and because Alizée will feel more adventures this time around. She's not as timid as she is shy, if that makes any sense to anyone. She will make the decision to come to the states this year !! Yeah !! Woo Hoo !! Anyone with me on this ??

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by CFHollister; 01-09-2008 at 02:15 AM.. Reason: merged
Old 01-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That was great, though kind of hard for me to assimilate because I'm no native english-speaker.
Thank you. I'm having a lot of fun writing it, the characters are really alive for me and I love them all, even the ones who are awful. I'm working on the 6th chapter currently, which means I think that I'm a little less than halfway through the first draft.

I wouldn't be writing now if not for Alizée. I couldn't for four years. It's the main reason why I hang around this place.

Quote:
Why would she want to quit? Was she unhappy with Mylene or something?
My understanding of the situation isn't perfect and she's never really explained it in full. But here's my take.

First, she had never had a normal adolescence or what most people would call a normal life. She became a celebrity at the age of 15. The wind caught her up and made her its instrument. She had a boyfriend before that, and friends in school. She and her boyfriend broke up because the relationship and her career were incompatible. She dropped out of school. Her life for those years was glorious, but it was also insane. She needed to take a break from it for a while.

Second, it's not that she was unhappy with Mylène, any more than a child who grows up and leaves her parents' house is (necessarily) unhappy with them. She learned what Mylène had to teach her, and wanted to move on, take on more responsibility and more control. She wanted to show that she can do this thing with other composers and other lyricists, and that she can manage the production side and not leave it all up to someone else.

Also, she had ideas of what kind of music she wanted to sing, and it wasn't music that Laurent could write. We've now seen and heard some of what she had in mind.

I can understand all of this. In her shoes, I might have done the same thing. I believe she'd have done the same thing with no boyfriend and no baby. She didn't leave Mylène for Jérémy. Mylène and Alizée were not lovers, and that would have been the only reason she'd have had to leave her for him. She left Mylène for Alizée.

My impression is that Mylène understands that perfectly, and has no resentment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess
No one knows anything about the specifics on Alizée's personal life, and business decisions.
She has explained why she broke things off with Mylène. It was not Mylène's decision and it was not because of Jérémy -- unless you think she's been lying. I don't. (Shrug.)

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 01-09-2008 at 02:23 AM..
Old 01-09-2008, 02:38 AM

superjman is on a distinguished road
Default I think that Psychedelices is her best work yet

I think that Psychedelices is her best work yet. She will be a musical force for many years to come.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:16 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Since this is an 18-page thread, I haven't read it all and i'm sure somebody has said what I am saying. Alizee was out of the limelight for 3 years. In terms of music and trends, 3 years is an eternity. The bandwagon fans who bought Alizee's albums because of her looks or the fact they liked one song by her have long moved on, leaving behind the people like us who are the true fans.

Psychedelices' sales so far may be a little low, but hopefully Alizee understands that the fans she may have left behind never mattered much in the first place. In my eyes, this album has been a true success.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:51 AM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you. I'm having a lot of fun writing it, the characters are really alive for me and I love them all, even the ones who are awful. I'm working on the 6th chapter currently, which means I think that I'm a little less than halfway through the first draft.

I wouldn't be writing now if not for Alizée. I couldn't for four years. It's the main reason why I hang around this place.
funny and beautiful, isn't it?
Well, I hope your Muse keeps you awake and cheerful all night because you can't get enough of it. It does it to me very well and all I do is looking at night sky, surfing the internet and listening to beautiful music, and the whole world outside put on the stealth suit. If it can ever get better than this, I wouldn't want to know it now.

Quote:
My understanding of the situation isn't perfect and she's never really explained it in full. But here's my take.

First, she had never had a normal adolescence or what most people would call a normal life. She became a celebrity at the age of 15. The wind caught her up and made her its instrument. She had a boyfriend before that, and friends in school. She and her boyfriend broke up because the relationship and her career were incompatible. She dropped out of school. Her life for those years was glorious, but it was also insane. She needed to take a break from it for a while.

Second, it's not that she was unhappy with Mylène, any more than a child who grows up and leaves her parents' house is (necessarily) unhappy with them. She learned what Mylène had to teach her, and wanted to move on, take on more responsibility and more control. She wanted to show that she can do this thing with other composers and other lyricists, and that she can manage the production side and not leave it all up to someone else.

Also, she had ideas of what kind of music she wanted to sing, and it wasn't music that Laurent could write. We've now seen and heard some of what she had in mind.

I can understand all of this. In her shoes, I might have done the same thing. I believe she'd have done the same thing with no boyfriend and no baby. She didn't leave Mylène for Jérémy. Mylène and Alizée were not lovers, and that would have been the only reason she'd have had to leave her for him. She left Mylène for Alizée.

My impression is that Mylène understands that perfectly, and has no resentment.

She has explained why she broke things off with Mylène. It was not Mylène's decision and it was not because of Jérémy -- unless you think she's been lying. I don't. (Shrug.)
You're saying Mylene was trying to cultivate Mylene in Alizee, maybe that is true, but then there's a conflict here between them and because of that Alizee left. She didn't like Mylene's personality if she didn't want her as Master, that is what you are pointing at. Strangely I still find it hard to believe because Mylene is a interesting person that never gets old, why would Alizee not want be a protegee of such a experienced Master? Maybe it is true anyway, Alizee is serious and complex person enough that if she felt Mylene was avoiding her own personality, she would've hated that and try to avoid Mylene. Strange it seems now that both of them have as male-idol Johnny Holliday, was it genuine or a influence of Mylene? So probably Alizee just didn't want to stay around Mylene anymore because she was self-confident upon herself and had her own dreams and tasks to be expressed through real materia. That's natural and therefore it's all good right now for Alizee, Alizee got back to Alizee.
Just how interesting is to see what Alizee is ready for now, with past experience from Mylene and her own perceptions of things. I really hope Jeremy respects her for who she really is then and help her when she needs it, and not when he "thinks" she needs it. Otherwise I would have to go beserk and teach him a lesson, or maybe two.

Of course Mylene and Alizee were not lovers in the way I think you meant it, but a genuine friendship is a Love treat, nothing sex-related and crazy passion here, or Love for opposite sex, altough a bit closer already. It is more like airy fun living in accordance with eachother, when it's just cool to share all you have and all you do with the one you value and trust and where you would die for that person because you feel you are his servant for life. There is only balance and higher intelligence in such relationship, that reveals life in new colors and makes it interesting and fresh, original to live. But only when it happens to you, only then you know it's Real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I think you guys are incredible !! No one knows anything about the specifics on Alizée's personal life, and business decisions. As far as we know, it could have been Mylene that cut the cord due to Alizée and Jeremy's relationship. Only Alizée and Mylene knows the real truth, and like professionals that they are, they are keeping the lid on it. As far as Alizée not been able to continue with Mylene, that's just another bad guess. Just like those that guessed that her old fans were expecting her to return as a lolita again. She most definitely could have continued with Mylene, no need for her to remain a lolita. Not saying that she should have though, I too am glad she's doing her own thing. Although I do think she could use some advice from a more experience artist. I would have liked very much if she could have received some influence from Nicola (Indochine) !!
That was what expected actually, some time ago. And there is no need for Lolita at all, they just could've made music for a grown up girl, but with the same overall musical core. If Laurent Boutonnat his whole career wrote music for Mylene, why would Alizee be a barrier? And Mylene would've met those new conditions too, she is confident really. Probably Alizee was having periodically hard times under Mylene's leadership, but inconvenient to allow it be demonstrated because she respected Mylene's professionalism and because she knew she "had to" work hard. And now she belongs mostly to herself and that is true to everyone. The album is good and let's hope she makes it even better in the future.

Last edited by CFHollister; 01-09-2008 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: merged
Old 01-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
She didn't like Mylene's personality if she didn't want her as Master, that is what you are pointing at.
No, what I'm saying is that she reached a point where she didn't want anyone as Master.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716