Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
She's studied and taken part in various occult activities over the years.
Huh? Care to elaborate? Studies? Occult activities?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:36 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
I never said that is all I saw, or even referenced my opinion. Go do a video search of Alizee and see the videos that come up, and often her music will be played over with something else, simply because she is looking hot and shaking her moneymaker...in this instance, JEAM. Thats the way things are, not my opinion, so don't even try to say that is how I view JEAM or any of her songs.

Don't talk down to me with your own opinion, if your going to talk down to me then use something with merit. Your opinions, like mine, do not justify the rights to talk down to somebody.

And Alizee was playing a part before, a part she did not create. That is much different than the part she is playing now, which she did create. She chose to portray herself as Juliette, she chose the lyrics, just as she is in control of her entire appearance...the opposite of her early years.
Wait, let me get this right. You made a comment on behalf of everybody, or on what you think is the reason everyone has for loving the old Alizée. But yet, I'm the one who is trying to talk you down with my own opinion ?? Then you continue to comment on saying that if you make a search for Alizée this is what you get JEAM... therefore I guess your saying is the reason that you know why we liked her then. What's wrong with this picture ?? "Simply because she is looking hot and shaking her moneymaker" Wow !! I would never use that expression when referring to Alizée. Obviously we see her differently !!

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 01-24-2008 at 10:34 AM..
Old 01-23-2008, 11:51 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizée, like it or not, has a taste for the bizarre and unconventional.
I gotta hand it to you Deep, you do have a way of keeping my hopes alive.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
International Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
We all have some love for the past, and that some love is very powerful to some people. But right now is the time that she needs everyones help. Of course put on Moi Lolita but don't forget that "lolita" is over and it's time for Psychédélices. We can't be stuck in the "lolita" days and never get past it. The time is now and we should concentrate on now, no?
Youpidou1 as much as I like you and others, you still don't get it. It is not about just her Lolita looks. It has to do with the quality of her performances, charisma, magic, etc,. Which was at it's peek then, for many reasons besides the fact that she was young and beautiful. It could have been now, but for some of us it was then. So guys please don't insult us saying that it was merely because she was a lolita, and maybe we are pedophiles. We all have our own taste, and some are more refined then others...

Old 01-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
It has to do with the quality of her performances, charisma, magic, etc,. Which was at it's peek then
A part of the problem, Jess, is that you keep saying things like this, which you seem to think are obvious and self-evident, and also clear in meaning, and they're not. What do you mean by the "quality of her performances"? What do you mean by "charisma, magic, etc."? Why do you think these things were "at their peak" in the past? Why do you see that as being the case when, with a single exception (her resonance with the audience in live performances), I see the exact opposite?

Why do we look at exactly the same thing, and see two completely different visions? Understand that, or at least recognize that it is a valid question, and you will do much better at getting your point across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Huh? Care to elaborate? Studies? Occult activities?
There were many references to this kind of thing in the old interviews. Hardly any in the new ones, but I think that's because people haven't asked her questions that touched on this much. Here are three things, though, that can easily get missed.

Watch the Fun TV interview, and listen (or read the subtitles) for what she says when she brings out the box of Japanese treats to force-feed the host, and he expresses astonishment that he didn't see her bring that box onto the set.

Watch the MTV Italy interview, and listen for what she says when the hosts ask if she's ever been to Italy before, and whether she might have swum over from Corsica. (Bear in mind the Shamanic concept of assuming the form of the totem animal.)

In a recent interview she was asked about the Tinkerbell tattoo, and referred to it as her guardian angel, with the implication that it has talismanic significance.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Youpidou1 as much as I like you and others, you still don't get it. It is not about just her Lolita looks. It has to do with the quality of her performances, charisma, magic, etc,. Which was at it's peek then, for many reasons besides the fact that she was young and beautiful. It could have been now, but for some of us it was then. So guys please don't insult us saying that it was merely because she was a lolita, and maybe we are pedophiles. We all have our own taste, and some are more refined then others...
I never said it was because of "lolita" I was merely saying that people are stuck in the "lolita days" and need to let it go. Yes it is nice to turn on the old music but, out with the old in with the new and Psychédélices. I never got into Alizée because of her looks. I watched all her videos and judged them fairly not JEAM because of the outfit, or JPVA because of the outfit or Moi Lolita because of what it means. I am a big music guy so I like this kind of stuff for what it is. And that is good music.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

A lot of that "occult" stuff is due to her Corsican background.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:09 AM
International Fan

Quote:
A part of the problem, Jess, is that you keep saying things like this, which you seem to think are obvious and self-evident, and also clear in meaning, and they're not. What do you mean by the "quality of her performances"? What do you mean by "charisma, magic, etc."? Why do you think these things were "at their peak" in the past? Why do you see that as being the case when, with a single exception (her resonance with the audience in live performances), I see the exact opposite?

Why do we look at exactly the same thing, and see two completely different visions? Understand that, or at least recognize that it is a valid question, and you will do much better at getting your point across.
The easy answer to that is simply because we have different tastes. There is a more complex answer to that, however I realize that those that do not wish to see it will not, regardless of whatever explanation they will get... Just keep in mind that I'm not the only one who sees this, just like your not the only one who sees the opposite, therefore lets leave it like that... the bottom line is all those that are here love her just as much, we just vary on which time we loved her more (performance wise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
I never said it was because of "lolita" I was merely saying that people are stuck in the "lolita days" and need to let it go. Yes it is nice to turn on the old music but, out with the old in with the new and Psychédélices. I never got into Alizée because of her looks. I watched all her videos and judged them fairly not JEAM because of the outfit, or JPVA because of the outfit or Moi Lolita because of what it means. I am a big music guy so I like this kind of stuff for what it is. And that is good music.
Here's where we have the misunderstanding... The fact that we love her old performances more, does not mean that we're stuck or that we can't move on. There's many other bands that I listen to, some I like their new stuff and some I prefer their old stuff. Has little to do with moving on, and more with my own taste in music and the quality they provide.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:22 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
A lot of that "occult" stuff is due to her Corsican background.
Yes, I imagine it is. The island's culture is like that, and there are several indigenous magical traditions. This probably has a bearing on why I feel compelled to go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess
The easy answer to that is simply because we have different tastes.
Exactly. And so I will submit to you, that it isn't the quality of her music that has changed, only the style, and you (for whatever reason) aren't as fond of the new style as you were of the old.

Analogously, on the new album, I can recognize that L'effet is a fine example of a gentle jazz song, yet I don't like it nearly as well as I do most of the other songs. This is not because it isn't good, but merely because I'm not much of a jazz fan.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 01-24-2008 at 01:25 AM..
Old 01-24-2008, 01:40 AM
International Fan

Deep I don't think we'll ever agree on this... I personally think the quality has changed, and that the main reason why some are disappointed is because the expectations were truly too high. Her previous two albums were very good and all this talk about her been more mature, led to create an expectation that was obviously not possible. We have already discussed this I think in another thread, where there was mention that it's not fair to compare Alizée & Jeremy to Mylene & Laurent.