Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-01-2008, 04:07 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

Farmer brown says "a fall continuously" which was 2 seats. 2 seats is a continuous fall? wow Old lady brown get a life. go work on your career or do something besides obsess over the only reason shes famous.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
No, seven days as in a week, which was exactly what I said in my post. Do you actually read my posts before you reply?
How is 800 records a week a poor showing? and only in one country. Well I give in your right. Shes failing miserably.

Lilly can take that failure all the way to the bank. I still would like to know one other artist that achieves such numbers, that ranks in the top 50 in more than three countries.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:11 PM

clique is on a distinguished road

mal, I would advice you to stop post in this thread before you make a complete fool out of yourself. On second thought, I think you're too late...

Regarding ranking in the top 50 in more than three countries? I could probably name 100 artists have done that.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:26 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

yea seriously mal, step away from the keyboard!

and why are you keep saying farmer is saying these things? that is a fansite of hers, not her saying things. do you honestly believe mylene is saying those things? i hope not...

you really need to get your facts straight because like clique says you're making a fool out of yourself. and enough with your "farmer brown" nonsense. there is a lot of mylene fans here and they wouldn't be happy with you basically slandering her.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

The guy is just making a complete arse of himself by lacking of known facts.
He's wearing blinders and it's impossible to have a normal and mature discussion with.
I tried it in this thread http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...0109#post90109 on a decent way, and this was his reaction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
yes its only about money. perfect timing to release it to coincide with her three year hiatus end.

yes they wanted extra money at her expense. legal? of course. ethical? no its not. its morally repugnant. if that doesnt matter to you then you will see nothing wrong with it.

why are you being such a jerk anyway. omg ! you work for her old label? lol
It's up to the reader to judge who the real jerk is...
I intensionally didn't react there anymore cause I was rather furious.

Bashing people like Mylène or record companies (without having your facts right) and even members of this forum is below any level! Bah.

PLONK!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:27 PM

pffft whatever. my facts were generally right. feel free to love farmer brown but I dont like her.

Overall what i said stands true. to say she is failing is absoulte hogwash. by no means is she failing.

Many artists have had top 50 in three countries? by all means name a few. If there are so many I would love to hear it.

More imporantly...

lets see 335,000 sold x 25 = 8,375,00

yea boy I got my idea completly wrong. How could I attempt to defend Alizee's success with such poor poor sales, such a lack of income, we should take up a charity for her.

If farmer browns fans site can refer to Alizee's career as "the disaster continues"...it seems in all fairness....

Why would any artist be restricted to any market?? Who made that rule? She can sell 0 in France and 500,000 in Mexico and be a star. Many musicians have done exactly that. Not been in a hit in the US but a big hit in Europe and vice versa. France is not that important as a measure of her success. Nonetheless I cant undersand how 335,000 sales in, what six months?, can be even remotely viewed as failure?

Closing your eyes to biased facts only makes you victim to them. its easy to say somebody is wrong without backing it up. (or that someones sales are low)

Im not saying her sales are what they were but by no means can she be considered a failure. whatever yall can think what you wish and I will think what I wish. Im looking at the numbers posted and they dont seem bad to me.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
pffft whatever. my facts were generally right. feel free to love farmer brown but I dont like her.

Overall what i said stands true. to say she is failing is absoulte hogwash. by no means is she failing.

Many artists have had top 50 in three countries? by all means name a few. If there are so many I would love to hear it.

More imporantly...

lets see 335,000 sold x 25 = 8,375,00

yea boy I got my idea completly wrong. How could I attempt to defend Alizee's success with such poor poor sales, such a lack of income, we should take up a charity for her.

If farmer browns fans site can refer to Alizee's career as "the disaster continues"...it seems in all fairness....

Why would any artist be restricted to any market?? Who made that rule? She can sell 0 in France and 500,000 in Mexico and be a star. Many musicians have done exactly that. Not been in a hit in the US but a big hit in Europe and vice versa. France is not that important as a measure of her success. Nonetheless I cant undersand how 335,000 sales in, what six months?, can be even remotely viewed as failure?

Closing your eyes to biased facts only makes you victim to them. its easy to say somebody is wrong without backing it up. (or that someones sales are low)

Im not saying her sales are what they were but by no means can she be considered a failure. whatever yall can think what you wish and I will think what I wish. Im looking at the numbers posted and they dont seem bad to me.
First of all: do you really think ranking in the top 50s in more than three countries is somehow unique? There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of artists that have accomplished that throughout the 20th century. I can name you one, just to prove a point: Britney Spears. Now just take all of the mainstream crap that gets played on the radio every day and you probably have a good list of a couple of hundred.

8 million record sold? Are you talking about total records sold, including Gourmandises and MCE? No one is denying that her two previous records were extremely successful, but that's a thing of the past now. It's Psychedelices that's interesting to look at, not records sold 4 years ago.

She has sold around 34.000 copies of Psychedelices in France. She has said herself that she's aiming for approx. 75.000-100.000 copies sold. Will she reach that goal? Most likely sometime, but at the rate she is selling at now (about 600-1000 records per week) it will take quite some time.
Is her album a failure? Hard to say, but it sure is lacking in terms of records being sold at the moment. The figures speak for themself, really. She was at #134 place last week. I don't really understand how anyone could defend such a low spot.

In this thread, you have proven to not have your facts straight, and it's really hard to take anything you say seriously when you act in such a manner.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:57 PM

clique.... name a star who is in top 50 in three countries. Is britney your choice??

Your a moron to say that I dont have my facts straight. You fail to back up what you say.

I posted the numbers. Words are shite. Look at the numbers. You want France sales? stop guessing and telling me I dont have my facts and add them up. Its right here in THIS thread.

Again you only look at France. If you insist on looking at only France what French star has been in top 50 in three countries??

335,000. I made it easy for you. K. dont look it up. 335k total overall all country sales, a day or so ago, estimated. Now whether that includes downloads I dont know.

You have a lot of nerve to accuse somebody of lacking facts when you dont even read the numbers I posted for you to read.

Why you dont have facts? B/c your not defending your position but making conclusory attacks.

Like I said I dont see facts refuting what Im saying so I will leave as I did earlier.

We disagree ok. You believe shes failing I believe shes doing well. Ok done. Your right. Im right.

edit:

The water line is admittedly in the middle. No its not sales like she had before. yes sales are pretty damn good for any artist, as is popularity.

You see the glass as half empty. I see the glass as half full.

Last edited by mal; 02-02-2008 at 09:01 PM..
Old 02-02-2008, 09:07 PM

Shes 22.

http://www.ifop.com/europe/sondages/top50/sgl0804.stm

britney spears is 44.......

22 Allll of EUROPE

Ok. ?? Ok?

I dont mean to be rude but hearing all of this talk as if shes doing miserably and seeing different facts all over the net tends to rile me.
I dont know why the mylene site says what it does but that site cites ifop. So I googled it.

Last edited by mal; 02-02-2008 at 09:10 PM..
Old 02-02-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
clique.... name a star who is in top 50 in three countries. Is britney your choice??

Your a moron to say that I dont have my facts straight. You fail to back up what you say.

I posted the numbers. Words are shite. Look at the numbers. You want France sales? stop guessing and telling me I dont have my facts and add them up. Its right here in THIS thread.

Again you only look at France. If you insist on looking at only France what French star has been in top 50 in three countries??

335,000. I made it easy for you. K. dont look it up. 335k total overall all country sales, a day or so ago, estimated. Now whether that includes downloads I dont know.

You have a lot of nerve to accuse somebody of lacking facts when you dont even read the numbers I posted for you to read.

Why you dont have facts? B/c your not defending your position but making conclusory attacks.

Like I said I dont see facts refuting what Im saying so I will leave as I did earlier.

We disagree ok. You believe shes failing I believe shes doing well. Ok done. Your right. Im right.
(Nvm, 34100 is correct according to SNEP)

Why are we all of a sudden talking about French artists? You said name an artist that have been top 50 in three countries, and I did. I can name plenty more if you want, but I don't really see the point.

And as far as I can tell, I am the one looking at numbers. We're discussing Psychedelices here, not her two previous albums. Those are kinda irrelevant at this stage. Why should I care how much her previous albums sold? If anything, that just proves my point that she's not doing very well at the moment.

And how can you say she's doing well when she is at #134 place on the French charts? Did you really have such low expectations of this album that you thought she would sell 700 copies a week? Either you're totally lacking any knowledge of the music business or, as I said, had extremely low expectations.

Last edited by clique; 02-02-2008 at 09:29 PM..