Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal
@tbailey dont even bother. Im sick of arguing with this grotesquely delusional negative types. they spew all this negativity on a fan site and call themselves fans without any real factual basis. I avoid this thread generally b/c of the posts. I cant believe some of these arent moderated out.

I sometimes think its some enemy/competitor of Alizee's here just to rain gloom. Facts are facts, example upon example and all I hear is "naaahaaa naahaaa" like kids refuting whether they stole a cookie or hit out in baseball.

No one is here for reasons I stated before.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 03-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Alizée pour la vie

forgot_86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I hate to be negative, but if I was a betting man I would bet that Alizée will never come to the US as a performer. I am a big proponent of her coming here and I will always hope she does, but I don’t think it will happen.

I was watching for 2 signs of this when her third album came out. Had she worked on her English skills during her 3 years off and does her new album have one or two English songs on it? Of course the album does not have English songs, but that’s OK by me. Like many of you, I prefer her singing in French. But it was probably indicative of the fact she had no plans to enter English speaking markets.

The other question has been answered to some extent by some of our members who went to the Paris autograph session, as well as a recent article where Alizée said she wasn’t bilingual. The impression I got is that she wouldn’t be comfortable coming to the US as an artist if she is not bilingual. She also said that she is very scared of the American market. I don’t think her English is strong enough to give her the confidence she needs, and she didn’t use her 3 years off to improve it to that level. Again, this indicates to me she had no plans or made any effort to prepare for entering English speaking markets.

When asked about singing in the US she did say “Why not?” and she also said she hasn’t forgotten about us (meaning the US fans), but I think these remarks were just made on the spur of the moment. When asked about touring in a recent interview she said that if it was up to her, she would never leave France. She then mentioned going to Mexico, Germany and Japan, but it sounded more like a career obligation and not something she necessarily desired. She never mentioned the US. I think Alizée’s dream is to maintain a solid career in France that pays the bills and keeps her going, and she would be happy if the rest of the world would just forget about her. I’m sure she agonizes over what to do about us.

The only way I see getting Alizée to the US is to have the same thing happen here as happened in Mexico. The fans would have to get her into the US media and make her a phenomenon here. Alizée and her record company are not going to make any effort to do it, as far as I can see. Either we have too few fans, or we’re not willing to work that hard, or we can’t break through the wall separating us from the media. And if we did succeed, would we be putting a burden on Alizée that she just doesn’t want?

I think as US fans of Alizée, we have to make peace with the fact that our lot in life is to admire her from a distance, or travel to where she is. Many other international fans are in the same boat. This is not about her disliking anybody, this is about her not wanting to be that famous.
I have to agree on this one, tho it hurts. Alizee still has a lot catch up on and to begin it with US is a bad start I think. I'm not saying that she won't make it there but this is more about what is her priority, what she need to do first. She is in a good pace now and if she keep up with it, I'm sure she'll get her place back in Europe, but to make it in US, she still has a long way b4 that can happen. I doubt if she wants to do that either. But then again, its really good that you guys are putting efforts and keeping hope. So yeah, eventhough I don't think it will happen, I hope she'll come to US too one day.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:58 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road
Cool

this is why i tend to by rather optimistic about Alizee coming to the U.S.

success in the music industry takes a combination of several factors

here are some

1. connections in the music industry
2. talent: singing ability, dancing, personality, charm
3. looks
4. motivation
5. demographic that will listen to your music
6. maturity

well Alizee seems to have all six

1. she already has a connections with RCA
2. certainly has the talent (and we saw recently that her English is good)
3. quite possibly the most beautiful face i've ever seen
4. Alizee does have the work ethic to become an international star
5. the youth, teenagers, disney demographic and of course us as well
6. Alizee is very mature for her age and can withstand fame (unlike say britteny spears)

its just a matter of whether she wants to or not
and there are good arguments that it may be bad for her to come here - life is just simpler and happier in beautiful France

imho there are good arguments on both sides

Last edited by tbailey; 03-26-2008 at 03:03 PM..
Old 03-27-2008, 06:12 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
Can anyone tell me of any artist that made it big in the US not singing in English? It can't be many.
Rammstien

Well you can actually buy a Rammstien cd just about anywhere in the US and I have heard them on radio stations before only i don't know that they have ever performed in the US

Old 03-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Rammstien

Well you can actually buy a Rammstien cd just about anywhere in the US and I have heard them on radio stations before only i don't know that they have ever performed in the US
I SWEAR I heard a concert in 08 for Rammstein I don't know though.. They rock and all my friends listen to them.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:44 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Discovered them in 2002. Good band.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 03-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Rammstien

Rammstein have toured the states and were met with enormous success, even Wal-Mart carries Rammstein albums despite the fact they have only done one song I know of in English. More recently, Japan's Puffy AmiYumi have toured the states and they sing mostly in their native language. Yael Naim's new album is mostly in Herbew and Sigur Ros sing exclusively in Icelandic. And then of course, you have had your one hit wonder songs in foreign languages from artists like Falco and Nena. So basically, I think more foreign language artists have had success here than most people may think.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:02 AM

tbailey is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Rammstein have toured the states and were met with enormous success, even Wal-Mart carries Rammstein albums despite the fact they have only done one song I know of in English. More recently, Japan's Puffy AmiYumi have toured the states and they sing mostly in their native language. Yael Naim's new album is mostly in Herbew and Sigur Ros sing exclusively in Icelandic. And then of course, you have had your one hit wonder songs in foreign languages from artists like Falco and Nena. So basically, I think more foreign language artists have had success here than most people may think.
you're preaching to the choir

don't forget Polysics - tour literally around the world: U.S., England, France, Asia and they sing in Japanese!
Old 03-28-2008, 02:55 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
yep i just found out yesterday that they did tour the US and they do have quite a few english versions of their songs on the side rammstien is apparently boycotting the US because they got a ticket at one of their concerts

Old 03-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
yep i just found out yesterday that they did tour the US and they do have quite a few english versions of their songs on the side rammstien is apparently boycotting the US because they got a ticket at one of their concerts
I haven't heard anything about a boycotting of the US, but the group's onstage antics have gotten some of the members fined and arrested. However, the band is currently working on new music in Los Angeles, so i'd expect them to tour here again soon.