Level 5 Support

justchil is on a distinguished road

My sig rules!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:55 AM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
Not impossible, just tricky. I'm better at it now than I was previously but I'm still not exceptional. I asked for help from a friend that is much more skilled than I am and he went on about cutting the background out with the pen tool. I said "fuck that" and now I just erase all of the background and then touch up the hair where it needs to be with the brush tool.
I used to do that aswell, you will join the pen tool someday.

Infact, sometimes I wish the pen tool had more features, like the ability to add gradients to them.

Twitch: I know what you are going to say, I just like the interface of Photoshop more than illustrator.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:25 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
Twitch: I know what you are going to say, I just like the interface of Photoshop more than illustrator.
Don't worry about I'm the same way, well more comfotable with it, I don't find much difference in the interfaces of the CS and CS2 suites anymore. Although I've never used the pen tool in Photoshop because when I started using it, it didn't support vector based graphics at all. I just got in the habit of using Illustrator for all my vector work because you can do so much more.
If you like Photoshop try saving your vector work as an EPS, Illustrator should be able to open it still as a vector file and then you can try adding gradients. I've never tried this but it should be possible.
Edit: Unless Photoshop rasterizes the EPS files when saving then it isn't.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:33 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Are Illustrator and Photoshop linked like Photoshop and Imageready? Then you wouldn't have to worry about rasterizing.
I used Illustrator three years ago in school and the computers at my current school don't have Photoshop let alone Illustrator.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:38 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

They're completely separate programs, as is InDesign, that are part of Adobe's Creative Suite. So they are not linked but are meant to be used together for different aspects, Photoshop for raster graphics, Illustrator for vector, and InDesign for the final layout. But they are becoming more compatible with each other, like Photoshop now supports limited vector graphics. What was the topic of this thread again...oh ya Nanaki's sweet sig. I've got to get around to making one of those... And for the record I like Nurvonic's, those eyes love those eyes

This is Marine's from Alizée Alliance, so don't steal it.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:01 AM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
Don't worry about I'm the same way, well more comfotable with it, I don't find much difference in the interfaces of the CS and CS2 suites anymore. Although I've never used the pen tool in Photoshop because when I started using it, it didn't support vector based graphics at all. I just got in the habit of using Illustrator for all my vector work because you can do so much more.
If you like Photoshop try saving your vector work as an EPS, Illustrator should be able to open it still as a vector file and then you can try adding gradients. I've never tried this but it should be possible.
Edit: Unless Photoshop rasterizes the EPS files when saving then it isn't.
Photoshop doesent raster them when saving, but it gives you a warning that the file will be rasterized when opened with photoshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch
Photoshop for raster graphics, Illustrator for vector, and InDesign for the final layout.
They need to link these programs better, Adobe bridge sucks, and I can't use it will my bootleg versions of CS1 anyway

i.e. .ai opens in photoshop + InDesign, .indd opens in PS + illustrator, ect..
Old 06-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Banned

yamislifer is on a distinguished road
Angry

it looks like fucking sig!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:45 AM

marik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamislifer View Post
it looks like fucking sig!
Slifer dont put bad words here! please!
Old 06-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post
Slifer dont put bad words here! please!
he is no more here! (Hacker)
Old 06-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

If you wouldn't mind bird I would like a sig. I really like this pic here http://www.iceposter.com/posters/Ali...ee_Poster.html As long as its not to much trouble maybe even Avatar it for me too please. Take your time and I'm in no hurry because I have abysmal Photoshop skills lol and cant make a sig very good. If you make me one I will show you my first ever sig the I used back when I was in a Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy clan.