Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

I don't see Alizée using a gun without a silencer on it.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:29 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I think we have a 2009 Alizée Calendar in the making.
J en' Marre outfit and a belt fed Stoner light machine gun.
The caption under the picture J'en ai Marre.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:06 PM
lililover

lilly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
i also own a Dragunav SVD, New England rifles and shotgun in .243, 45-70, and 20 guage, ithica featherlight 20 gauge, and i am not sure on the brand or model of this .22 but it has to be at least 40 years old and is one of the most accurate .22s i have shot

i am looking to buy a 1911 government model either a colt or a springfield (posible their compact) and a K-98 for now and possibly a H&K G-3 (but they are spendy 2-3k)

You have a Dragunav !?!!?.....Cheez buying guns in America must be pretty easy.
Where I live, possession of a whimpering little pistol can get you arrested if you dont have a licence or if it is expired. It may seem like a curb on freedom, but I think I prefer it that way!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:43 PM

GianGian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly View Post
You have a Dragunav !?!!?.....Cheez buying guns in America must be pretty easy.
Where I live, possession of a whimpering little pistol can get you arrested if you dont have a licence or if it is expired. It may seem like a curb on freedom, but I think I prefer it that way!
Having or not having guns won't make you safer or less safe, although a lot of people believe it.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

This whole "right to have fire arms" thing scares the living crap out of me t.b.h

It's just not very healthy for a society.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:23 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

In most states in the U.S. $200 and 90 days for a back ground check is all you need to buy a machine gun. When I got my concealed weapon carry permit I was in and out of the sheriff's office with my permit in under 20 minutes.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Woof !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
In most states in the U.S. $200 and 90 days for a back ground check is all you need to buy a machine gun. When I got my concealed weapon carry permit I was in and out of the sheriff's office with my permit in under 20 minutes.
Very disturbing if you ask me... (and if you think close about it)
Old 04-13-2008, 04:03 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GianGian View Post
Having or not having guns won't make you safer or less safe, although a lot of people believe it.
That is largely a function of where you live, and the existence and timeliness of protective services. I don't own a gun. Never have. But I live in a relatively safe area, with relatively rapid police response. I also live around a city in a domesticated environment.

In rural America, a gun is almost a must. Not so much as protection against man (although that is a concern), but protection against nature. Try being confronted by a pack of wild dogs while you're out...alone....tending to your perimeter fence...miles from help. Will a gun at your side make you safer? Oh yes, it will.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:53 AM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
Very disturbing if you ask me... (and if you think close about it)
The process actually varies for each state. I know West Virginia is like that. I'm getting a license through Florida and I've been waiting about 7 weeks for the damn thing to come in the mail. It's also supposed to be easier since I'm military. The Florida CCL is recognized in 32 states which makes it pretty decent. Getting one through my own state of Delaware is a royal pain.

As for 1911's I don't disagree that they are a fine guN. I just don't like the fact that they only come in a single stack .45 acp. I have an H&K .45 USPc. It shoots real smooth and feels alot like the m9's we use in the air force even though it's a higher caliber. A damn fine gun, only thing is you could buy 2 1911's for the price I had to pay for IT. My conceal carry weapon is a glock 27 though. I'm not the biggest fan of glocks, but they had the only gun that fit the specifications I wanted at a fair price; 9mm is to weak IMO for personal protection.

My next purchase will probably be a FN 5-7, I just like the round that the pistol shoots. Even though the damn gun feels like a toy, I think it would be a great collector's item. Most people think that gun wont be manufactured anymore in a few years. Other than that, maybe a full size .500 sw revolver
Old 04-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Woof !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Engine View Post
The process actually varies for each state. I know West Virginia is like that. I'm getting a license through Florida and I've been waiting about 7 weeks for the damn thing to come in the mail.
snip...

Ehh... I think you misunderstood me here.
What I was trying to say was that it is disturbing to get fire arms that easy
"AT ALL", and not how long you have to wait for a permit.

It just doesn't fit in a civilized society.
I still have to meet the first person who can explain me clearly why
a 'normal' citizen would need a gun.

It's just a sad left over from the wild, wild west, and one of the biggest taboos in changing the law.