Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you preordering Une Enfant Du Siècle?
Yes 39 55.71%
No 20 28.57%
Undecided 11 15.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Hahahaha! No lie, a friend of mine actually does base his purchases on how many Big Macs he could buy for the same amount of money. It's become a running joke over the years. When he and his fiance put the down payment on their house, the first thing I asked him was "Wow, how many Big Macs is that?!"

Anyway...yeah, I preordered on day one, without waiting to hear samples or anything. Mainly, as others have said, just for the experience of finally being in on the ground floor for one of these. I didn't become a fan of Alizée's until around March or April of 2008, by which point Psych was already old news.

The price tag definitely gave me a moment's pause, I'm not gonna lie, but you only live once, and it's nothing a little overtime at work won't take care of. Fortunately, I'm single, and don't have anyone to answer to for it but me.
WOW!!! That's funny cuz I always base prices off of how many McDoubles i could get(since $1 is easy to calculate and they yummy) But yah I'm ground floor for the first time to. But all I'm heading for is the CD. Oh and BTW I just listened to the whole En Concert podcast and the Stars A Domicile one.....oh gosh you guys are sooo funnny....
Old 02-20-2010, 01:49 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Paying to keep the MAGIC alive: La Possibilité Du Siècle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Bought and I have no second thoughts, no regrets and am really looking forward to it.
Don't have a use for the records, poster, or anything else than the CD - but I really, really could not help myself! I like the two songs I've heard so far, and I guess I'm just twitterpated enough to not give a ****! Besides, my head 'sploded again and I had no willpower to resist!
Its all wonderful again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I know there's a chance I might not like one song on this album but I will buy it anyways because like others have already said to show her my support and because I owe her so much for bringing as much enjoyment into my life as she has. I'm hoping there will be an autograph session at the end of march in Paris like the one they had back in 2007. If there is, I will be there and get her autograph in person, even if the cd cost triple the price of this limited edition though I'm sure it will sell for less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
To be honest though, I just bought it out of support for her, like Scruffydog here did.
I would be find waiting for it later when it's not so expensive, but figured if I was going to use money anyways, might as well go for broke(hehehe, pun!).
...Been here about 9 months and have 2,360 posts... shows how much of a dork I am... I need go out more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbeam View Post
Yes, I bought it. Not too excited about the wallpaper in the special download, don't care about a Polaroid, and I'll believe the story about updates, etc. when I see them but she still casts a spell over me. Her voice, her beauty, I just cannot let her go. Still hope to see her in concert one more time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Though the base price has always been 64.99 euros. 37.27 for US shipping (!), for a total of 102.26 euros. Then whatever that is in dollars using the current conversion rate.
(Note: It seems the added shipping cost for multiple copies to the same address is very small - pair up with a buddy in the US and you can almost cut the shipping cost you each pay in half.)
<hr>
Taking these on face value illustrates why I say there is a need for some sort of <i>Bases Musicales Alizée</i>(+) ("Alizée Musical Foundation") to which one could make DONATIONS. There will be buyers like those quoted above, among others not posting, who will buy the <i>Coffret Deluxe</i>, even if they neither want nor need anything but the music and the idea they are perpetuating it.

Look how much of their money will be going to shipping, manufacturing, and order fulfillment - the LION's share! Only a minority will go to Alizée AND the people WITHOUT WHOM she would NOT be the singer AND lovely public persona who charms her audience (the songwriters, instrumentalists, editors, publicists and yes, even <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4307">hairdressers</a>). I will give this latter team the informal name of "Société Alizée", or S.A. ("Alizée, Incorporated" in English.)

Let me not psychologically deprecate, and thus diminish the economic value of, any <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promotional_item"><i>schwag</i></a> which increases the revenue of S.A. It is a FINE thing that one can buy the <i>Coffret Deluxe</i> at http://alizeeofficiel.tumblr.com/ . People have forever been building churches, shrines, etc. But it would ALSO be nice if on the same page one could alternately spend the SAME amount of money to make a payment to S.A. via <i>Bases Musicales Alizée</i>!

It is not hard to reliably transfer a million dollars, because transaction costs are a microscopic fraction of that million. But please note that it is very hard to cut a modest check to "Alizée Jacotey" and get it delivered and cashed! Done the wrong way, it might even be PERCEIVED as vulgar or insulting to send a €100 check, rather than buy a €10 CD which provides a small fraction of €10 to S.A. What does the sender expect in return? If a foundation existed, the answer would be clear: nothing but the knowledge that the donation helps the cause. The same would apply to a CD-only purchase BUNDLED with a donation. That is not to say a €100 donation might not bring a signed thank-you note or a €1000 donation a short (e.g. 30 second) personalized thank-you video.

If America was not full of crooks (I think someone alleged that Alizée herself once used the term "sharks") one might have aspired to accompany the recent Open Letter to her with a NONTRIVIAL check aggregated from signer donations. (N.B. I intend NO insult to our GENEROUS infrastructure providers!!!) And I suppose much less trust might have been needed simply to bundle a bunch of smaller individual checks payable to her directly, rather than AAm.

Still, this might have been taken the wrong way and refused. Who needs a publicity item reading <i>Once-great entertainer X now reduced to accepting penny-ante donations like a street busker</i>? The people who work for operas, concert orchestras, museums, libraries, historical societies and other cultural organizations escape opprobrium because of the dignity of intermediation by a foundation. Why can't individual entertainers use a similar method? To donors: <i>Man does not live by bread alone</i>; to artists: We know your children cannot eat admiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
On the other hand: It costs 80 euro to fill my car with petrol, and before you know it, it's empty again
So what I'm trying to say is: drive less, buy this Alizee box IT WILL LAST LONGER
Just my excuse to justify this purchase
This age of microscopically cheap information storage and communication means that all artistic creations which can be mediated are at peril for unlimited copying which pays their creators nothing. That is why I had put forth a scheme in January like <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=152096"><i>Lunch with AJ & JC (by Skype) lottery?</i></a> Perhaps the forthcoming <A href="http://alizeeofficiel.tumblr.com/">live autographed polaroid photo session</a> this Sunday at 15h Paris time might be framed as the only practical (and low-bandwidth) means of doing something like that right now.

If it is too hard to create the legal framework for a foundation at once, I have what may be a more practical suggestion: Augment the ordering page so that one can pay for the whole <i>Coffret Deluxe</i> with the OPTION of "recycling" everything but the CD back to the vendor, with the materials and services savings distributed in the same way in which gross revenue is now.

Because going digital offers many advantages, I am replacing the physical books (codices) and other physical media (including a small collection of video and musical recordings) I've owned for decades with lightweight digital equivalents. This includes donating items I no longer need or want to places which still stock them, like libraries. People like me are unlikely to collect new knick-nacks. But that doesn't mean we are unwilling to pay for the creation of things which delight us while we are still alive.

Alizée's persona is a real addition to her wonderful voice. It helps people who are old remember what it was like to be young; who are clumsy imagine what it would be like to be graceful; who are plain experience what it is like to be lovely, who are of limited use to others fantasize what it would be like to be talented, and so on. As the years pass, you lose the people you love through death or other tragedies and it is wonderful to see a young person like Alizée who loves and appreciates her parents, her husband, her child.

It happens there is also one song in her repetoire which really haunts me, in the sense communicated by the singer of <i>Killing Me Softly with His Song</i>. I know much better than to make too much of this, but the profound memories and feelings are evoked anyway, will and wit be damned. And if that is not delivering what art should, I don't know any better.

Just Another Sincere Fan

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

(+) My French is very bad, so I know more than
most that careful spelling is very, very important!!!

"Bases Musicales Alizée" means "Alizée Musical Foundation"
"Baisers Musicales Alizée" means "Alizée Musical Kisses"
I think this is a very sweet coincidence, don't you?
BUT
"Baisses Musicales Alizée" means "Alizée Musical Decreases"
AND
"Baises Musicales Alizée" is SO TERRIBLE you will only
see something like that in Mylène Farmer song lyrics
or Lily Allen interview remarks!!!

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 02-20-2010 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Mention BIG shipping discount for multiple copies
Old 02-20-2010, 10:18 PM

techno_Millenium is on a distinguished road

Well, after thinking a lot i decide to purchase this Special Edition. Now i just want Alizée to promise that she'll never cancel Paris again, cause 2 times were "hard to swallow". But, i am absolutely loving this new work so, Alizée, don't let me down babe
Old 02-21-2010, 02:23 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
(Note: It seems the added shipping cost for multiple copies to the same address is very small - pair up with a buddy in the US and you can almost cut the shipping cost you each pay in half.)

<HR>
Taking these on face value illustrates why I say there is a need for some sort of Bases Musicales Alizée(+) ("Alizée Musical Foundation") to which one could make DONATIONS. There will be buyers like those quoted above, among others not posting, who will buy the Coffret Deluxe, even if they neither want nor need anything but the music and the idea they are perpetuating it.

Look how much of their money will be going to shipping, manufacturing, and order fulfillment - the LION's share! Only a minority will go to Alizée AND the people WITHOUT WHOM she would NOT be the singer AND lovely public persona who charms her audience (the songwriters, instrumentalists, editors, publicists and yes, even hairdressers). I will give this latter team the informal name of "Société Alizée", or S.A. ("Alizée, Incorporated" in English.)

Let me not psychologically deprecate, and thus diminish the economic value of, any schwag which increases the revenue of S.A. It is a FINE thing that one can buy the Coffret Deluxe at http://alizeeofficiel.tumblr.com/ . People have forever been building churches, shrines, etc. But it would ALSO be nice if on the same page one could alternately spend the SAME amount of money to make a payment to S.A. via Bases Musicales Alizée!

It is not hard to reliably transfer a million dollars, because transaction costs are a microscopic fraction of that million. But please note that it is very hard to cut a modest check to "Alizée Jacotey" and get it delivered and cashed! Done the wrong way, it might even be PERCEIVED as vulgar or insulting to send a €100 check, rather than buy a €10 CD which provides a small fraction of €10 to S.A. What does the sender expect in return? If a foundation existed, the answer would be clear: nothing but the knowledge that the donation helps the cause. The same would apply to a CD-only purchase BUNDLED with a donation. That is not to say a €100 donation might not bring a signed thank-you note or a €1000 donation a short (e.g. 30 second) personalized thank-you video.

If America was not full of crooks (I think someone alleged that Alizée herself once used the term "sharks") one might have aspired to accompany the recent Open Letter to her with a NONTRIVIAL check aggregated from signer donations. (N.B. I intend NO insult to our GENEROUS infrastructure providers!!!) And I suppose much less trust might have been needed simply to bundle a bunch of smaller individual checks payable to her directly, rather than AAm.

Still, this might have been taken the wrong way and refused. Who needs a publicity item reading Once-great entertainer X now reduced to accepting penny-ante donations like a street busker? The people who work for operas, concert orchestras, museums, libraries, historical societies and other cultural organizations escape opprobrium because of the dignity of intermediation by a foundation. Why can't individual entertainers use a similar method? To donors: Man does not live by bread alone; to artists: We know your children cannot eat admiration!

This age of microscopically cheap information storage and communication means that all artistic creations which can be mediated are at peril for unlimited copying which pays their creators nothing. That is why I had put forth a scheme in January like Lunch with AJ & JC (by Skype) lottery? Perhaps the forthcoming live autographed polaroid photo session this Sunday at 15h Paris time might be framed as the only practical (and low-bandwidth) means of doing something like that right now.

If it is too hard to create the legal framework for a foundation at once, I have what may be a more practical suggestion: Augment the ordering page so that one can pay for the whole Coffret Deluxe with the OPTION of "recycling" everything but the CD back to the vendor, with the materials and services savings distributed in the same way in which gross revenue is now.

Because going digital offers many advantages, I am replacing the physical books (codices) and other physical media (including a small collection of video and musical recordings) I've owned for decades with lightweight digital equivalents. This includes donating items I no longer need or want to places which still stock them, like libraries. People like me are unlikely to collect new knick-nacks. But that doesn't mean we are unwilling to pay for the creation of things which delight us while we are still alive.

Alizée's persona is a real addition to her wonderful voice. It helps people who are old remember what it was like to be young; who are clumsy imagine what it would be like to be graceful; who are plain experience what it is like to be lovely, who are of limited use to others fantasize what it would be like to be talented, and so on. As the years pass, you lose the people you love through death or other tragedies and it is wonderful to see a young person like Alizée who loves and appreciates her parents, her husband, her child.

It happens there is also one song in her repetoire which really haunts me, in the sense communicated by the singer of Killing Me Softly with His Song. I know much better than to make too much of this, but the profound memories and feelings are evoked anyway, will and wit be damned. And if that is not delivering what art should, I don't know any better.

Just Another Sincere Fan

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

(+) My French is very bad, so I know more than
most that careful spelling is very, very important!!!

"Bases Musicales Alizée" means "Alizée Musical Foundation"
"Baisers Musicales Alizée" means "Alizée Musical Kisses"
I think this is a very sweet coincidence, don't you?
BUT
"Baisses Musicales Alizée" means "Alizée Musical Decreases"
AND
"Baises Musicales Alizée" is SO TERRIBLE you will only
see something like that in Mylène Farmer song lyrics
or Lily Allen interview remarks!!!

Quite a Tome.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:00 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default @ Rev

How DoES he do it?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I nominate Docdtv for the "longest posts ever in the history of forums" category
Old 02-21-2010, 10:53 AM

deanej is on a distinguished road

Maybe in this forum, but I've seen a lot longer in other forums.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:15 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Well got my Credit Card statement yesterday.

Opendisc Net Paris $140.03
Euro 102.26 X 1.369352630 (Exchg Rate)

Foreign Transaction Fee $4.20

Total cost $144.23
Old 02-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I noticed on other forums, they were talking about how their cards had been charged right away. Most companies won't charge you until the product is actually shipped. This leads me to believe they wanted the money in hand up front to help pay for the production of these deluxe collector's editions.

So I wonder how many they actually sold? Has everyone who is a member here who bought the preorder, answered the poll question? Just curious to know how many here bought it. Right now it shows 35.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:17 AM

desmodromic is on a distinguished road

why, Because it's ALIZEE!