Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-10-2019, 04:06 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

She definitely had a passion for dance, then Mylene came along and I think with the success she had in those first few years, Alizee had a passion for dancing and singing. Then Jeremy came along and 'supposedly' he told her the deeper meanings of the songs she had been singing and again 'supposedly' told her she wasn't making as much money as she should be, so she decided to leave MF/LB and make a go of it on her own with Jeremy as her manager and also working on some of her songs.

I heard from someone who has followed her closely from the beginning that the reason she took the long break after leaving MF was that she was under contract for a third album and the only way of getting out of it was to wait until it expired which it did in 2007.

When she left MF/LB, she lost the great songs that fit her voice so well. She lost the great dances choreographed under Mylene's leadership. She made so many poor choices because the great management and experience was no longer there.

She then had failure after failure. She lost her passion for singing. She would have stuck with it but she couldn't even hold a successful concert in a place that was now her home......Paris. Then Dals came along. It was said she did not want to participate in that show, but she didn't have much of a choice at that point. Unlike another attempt at album that would probably send more money down the drain, Dals was a paycheck and that was something she needed then and it turned out for her to be a second opportunity of a lifetime.

She only chose to go back to dancing when she didn't have much of a choice. You can't fault her for that.

I'm sure she'd go back to singing if she knew for sure she'd have the same type of success that she had in those early years.

As far as a movie about Alizee and Gregoire? I can't see that, but I could easily see a movie about Alizee that involved Gregoire. It's a great story of what happened with Alizee. She was a small town girl who went to a talent show in her home town. As a result of that and the shows that followed, the most successful female singer in France's history who was channel surfing one night, happened to notice the talent show she was on while channel surfing. MF/LB asked her to come to Paris for an audition and within a couple of years, she was one of the hottest singers in Europe.

She then decides to walk away from the Golden Goose and promptly fell flat on her face with failure after failure and so too her marriage failed. Then she decided to participate in the show Dals. At that point she had decided to stop trying to get into another relationship and she would focus her life on raising her daughter, so she asked the show to pair her up with a gay dancer so there would be no distractions. The show could not comply and paired her up with Gregoire Lyonnet. He won her heart and they won the competition. She once again was a star in France.

I th
ink that's a great story and I'd be surprised if someday it wasn't made into a movie.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-10-2019 at 08:27 AM..
Old 11-10-2019, 07:02 PM

Bottom line is Alizée had 3 failed albums in a row. What record company would want to work with an artist like that? Dals came along......she didn't have much of a choice. She decided to do Dals and though I think she was very hesitant to do it, it turned out to be one of the great choices in her life. Dals gave her a shot of doing another album. It failed and I think the main reason it failed was because they rushed it to take advantage of her new found popularity.As Julia Roberts would say......"Big mistake!" After that, she had no option but to continue with the Tournée.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-10-2019 at 07:05 PM..
Old 11-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Bottom line is Alizée had 3 failed albums in a row. What record company would want to work with an artist like that?

I felt UEDS crippled Alizee's career to the point where she never could recover. It's not that UEDS is a bad album. In fact, it is my second favorite of hers. It is the style of music that she might try singing today at 35, not at 26. She should have followed up Psych with an album like Blonde (minus the song "Blonde" and the hair change). The target audience for Blonde is teens and 20's, and she released it when she was 30. Just from a marketing perspective, it was a poor move.

If Alizee could surround herself with people who know how to produce and market an album, she doesn't need a label. Here are a few bands that are independent: R.E.M., Mumford and Sons, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, Radiohead, The Killers, Arcade Fire, The Cure, Oasis, and many others who became very successful without a label.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
................If Alizee could surround herself with people who know how to produce and market an album, she doesn't need a label. ................
That has been her Achilles heel imo. Blonde I think had song-wise what it needed to be a success. It lacked as CleverCowboy said, good production and marketing.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:51 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I heard from someone who has followed her closely from the beginning that the reason she took the long break after leaving MF was that she was under contract for a third album and the only way of getting out of it was to wait until it expired which it did in 2007.
There was another option for her: to record the third album with Mylène around the year 2006 and fly on all four sides. Annily could have waited a couple of years.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
There was another option for her: to record the third album with Mylène around the year 2006 and fly on all four sides. Annily could have waited a couple of years.
What do you mean by fly on all four sides?
Old 11-11-2019, 10:43 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry, it was bad translation. I meant she could go wherever she chose after the third album. Maybe it would be better to say "fly to the four winds"?
Old 11-12-2019, 07:54 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry, it was bad translation. I meant she could go wherever she chose after the third album. Maybe it would be better to say "fly to the four winds"?
I think you mean to "fly to the four corners of the world"? In other words, to travel worldwide.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I want to be careful how I phrase this but Annily was a surprise. Alizee wanted to have children, but not as soon as Annily came along. That might have been a game changer for her. She had to put everything on hold for a year anyway which in terms of your popularity with the public is a huge amount of time and what she wanted to do after that year was up might have been very different from what she wanted before.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:33 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Annily was a surprise. Alizee wanted to have children, but not as soon as Annily came along.
Is it a hypothesis or did she make understand it? Once she said that she wanted to have children as her mother and grandmother did. I don't remember how old they were but I think the age was approximately the same