Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 07-09-2009, 10:21 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
HEY! i just had an idea.

Ok, you know how when you go to a electronics store like bestbuy, or circut city, they sell tvs, dvd players and such? well, they are usually playing something... so why not try to see if we can get them to play the En Concert DVD?
I tried that a few years ago for the very reason of getting Alizee noticed. It was after I got my En Concert DVD. I wanted it up on the big screen wall that you first see when you walk into the store of Best Buy, but they wouldn't let me. You should try it though, maybe you'll be lucky.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
If you really think you might give it a shot, if you don't have the capability of putting together a dvd this way, let me know and I'll make one up with videos in whatever way you want it and send it to you. It could be all of En Concert, minus the intro or whatever.
seeing as how i have no techinal ablity whatsoever, i will need to take you up on this offer.

but i've been trying to figure out a way to carry this out.. i mean, i can hardly just walk in and ask them to play Alizee. (though strangely enough, i was outside starbucks yesterday and these girls came up to me and handed me a flyer with some random guy on it, and it read "download John B---(can't remember the last name) off of itunes!") found it funny that they were doing that as i was trying to figure out what i could do for Alizee.

BUT! I do have a success story! so me and my best friend like to just drive around and talk right, and while we do so, since im always driving, im playing Alizee. espeically JPVA, MAH FAVORITE FRIGGEN SONG! and i am happy to say i've played it so many times, he liked it enough to buy it off of itunes.

boohyah. plus 1.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Tuesday, July 14 is Bastille Day. In my state of Minnesota, this week is officially declared French Heritage Week. As you may know, much of my state belonged to France at one time. To coincide with the weekend, there are celebrations planned in Minneapolis today. This might be a great opportunity to do some disc-dropping or general Alizée promoting, because the people in attendance already have an interest, or at least an acceptance, of French culture. Unfortunately, this kind of snuck up on me and I am not prepared, but I think I will see what I can still do. I wish I would have thought of this sooner.

It looks to me like other cities around the USA have Bastille Day activities. What’s going on in your city? Just curious...
Old 07-11-2009, 11:52 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
seeing as how i have no techinal ablity whatsoever, i will need to take you up on this offer.

but i've been trying to figure out a way to carry this out.. i mean, i can hardly just walk in and ask them to play Alizee.
I think the way I would approach it is to act like you'd like to buy one. Ask several questions about a certain one. Then I think one thing you should do that leaves you an out is to pick one that's not on sale and tell them it's a little more than you were hoping to pay and ask them if it will be on sale in the next few weeks. I've often done this with items I'm lookiing to buy at a place like Bestbuy. They're having sales all the time and a lot of time the salesmen are well aware of what will be going on sale.

One thing I really enjoy about En Concert in additiion to the great music and gorgeous young woman singing in it is the great job they did with the lighting in so many songs. I would tell them you have a concert video you watch all the time and would like to see how it looks on a tv your buying. I'm sure they wouldn't turn you down.

When I make up the dvd for you, I'll make sure the first couple are ones with great lighting affects so he'll think your on the level.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

En Concert was shot in HD. I wish they'd release it on Blu-Ray. That would really be something to show off in stores.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:19 PM

Vista is on a distinguished road

@lefty12357
BASTILLE DAY IN AMERICA - July 9, 2009
Celebrations in different cities and states.
http://www.francetoday.com/articles/...n-america.html
Old 07-12-2009, 01:46 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

if Yelle can have a very successful tour, singing all in French, in the states why not Alizée?
One difference may be the type of music Yelle plays, as well as the way they present it. They seem to be much more high energy and playful, as compared to ALizée's more intellectual approach (based on her most recent album).

Yelle is not there to make you think, just to have fun. This translates better.

For ALizée's music, you actually have to know what she is singing, to understand the subtlety, to get the best out of most of her songs.
(Note: Before you jump down my throat, keep in mind I am talking about the average new viewer - not those who have been drawn to her as fans).

I would like to see her move more toward Yelle in SOME of her songs (or The Killers).

I have watched female artists do this again and again. They get popular, and then think they can move away from what got them there. They stop playing what people want and start singing (just) what they want to. They move from upbeat happy music to slower "thinky" stuff. Although a few of these songs CAN be mixed in, the error artist after artist has made is to think that they can now play only what they want to and those that liked the old style will just follow along.

For Alizée, I am not suggesting a return to Moi Lolita - rather, I am suggesting that a more energetic level of music needs to be a larger part of her repertoire. Then, and only then, can she fit in the slower, more thoughtful, pieces.

Most of her potential audience is simply coming to have fun!

She needs to build her audiance for the next couple of abums. Otherwise, she ends up risking becoming a truly marginal player - one who never moves beyond a small following. Based on the size of theatre she is trying to fill (2,000 seats plus), I would guess that she would not be happy playing to 200-500 seat theaters for the rest of her career.

It's her choice, and, based on some of the recent choices we see her making, she may truly have gotten this message and may be acting accordingly.

Time will tell.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:35 PM

if she ever has a concert in the US.. i plan on buying like 10 friggen tickets just so that she can't cancel due to low ticket sales. then of course, give 9 of those tickets away.

though, i think her new album was quite upbeat, wasn't it? there were a few of those "thinky" songs. at least, the singles from the psych. album were nicely upbeat.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:37 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post

I have watched female artists do this again and again. They get popular, and then think they can move away from what got them there. They stop playing what people want and start singing (just) what they want to. They move from upbeat happy music to slower "thinky" stuff. Although a few of these songs CAN be mixed in, the error artist after artist has made is to think that they can now play only what they want to and those that liked the old style will just follow along.

For Alizée, I am not suggesting a return to Moi Lolita - rather, I am suggesting that a more energetic level of music needs to be a larger part of her repertoire. Then, and only then, can she fit in the slower, more thoughtful, pieces.
In her concerts since her comeback, she threw away the way she sounded, she threw away the way she looked, she threw away the way she performed (danced). When she was done, there was nothing left for her orininal fans to enjoy and Psych wasn't good enough to draw in new fans. It's no wonder she had to cancel two concerts.

Hopefully this new album will change all this. Hopefully she will have learned from her mistakes. I'm optimistic about her chances and looking forward to it's release.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:48 PM

[QUOTE=Scruffydog777;134368]In her concerts since her comeback, she threw away the way she sounded, she threw away the way she looked, she threw away the way she performed (danced). When she was done, there was nothing left for her orininal fans to enjoy and Psych wasn't good enough to draw in new fans. It's no wonder she had to cancel two concerts.

[QUOTE]

sadly.. its painfully true. i don't know why she did that!