Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 04-29-2019, 08:29 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebert057 View Post
the number of little girl she had to dream, besides, we should see how many little girl were called Alizée after 2000
After you do your research on this, I would love to see the results.

I have appreciated Alizee and her talents and her beauty throughout her entire career even up to this day, but there was something special on that night she sang at the Eiffel Tower. She was a flawless beauty. I cannot think of no match.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:22 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

I have appreciated Alizee and her talents and her beauty throughout her entire career even up to this day, but there was something special on that night she sang at the Eiffel Tower. She was a flawless beauty. I cannot think of no match.

Of course, her name came from the name 'Alizé' which is the name of a trade wind. I believe the Alizé is a trade wind that blows through parts of Africa and the Caribbean. With the French, everything has a gender. A trade wind is masculine. Her father was into windsurfing and wanted to name his daughter after the trade wind. To form the feminine of the trade wind name, you add an e, thus Alizé, became Alizée!

I've seen other references to the name 'Alizé' such as with the French patrol plane which first flew in 1956. Her dad seemed to be some way connected with aviation. I don't know if he was in the Air Force or maybe something like we have in this country, the Civil Air Patrol. Maybe that's where he heard of the name.

There is also the liqour, which was manufactured first in 1984. But it seems the female version of the name didn't become popular until Alizée Jacotey, now Alizée Lyonnet came along. It would be interesting to see how many more babies were named after her, after her rise to stardom.

If MF had done a better job of rewriting her songs into English, she would have risen to stardom here and I'm sure we all in this country would know of a young girl named Alizée.

She said her unusual name was one of the things she was teased about when she was younger. Well, she's not being teased anymore.

It's kind of interesting to note that in 2001, she had if not the glue on fingernails, certainly a lot of war paint on her nails, but in 2003, that changed, it was just her natural nails, which matched so much of her natural beauty. There were no big hoop earrings. No fake eyebrows, so little make up on the eyes. Just a little makeup and lipstick and base or foundation or whatever you call it and that let the natural beauty shine through. Even her hair, not waved, not permed, so beautiful in its own natural state and own natural colour and another big part of why this performance was so special, you could see from her movements, from her reactions to the crowd, the person inside.

Ske Leton must be kicking himself for being there, but somehow not noticing her at the time, then not discovering her again until about 10 years later.

I took a job with a major airline here in Boston back in 1999. That was the year she was discovered! If I had known about her, I could have been to so many of her performances. This one here in Paris is one that would have been at the top of my list. Others are J'en ai marre in Pistoia, Moi Lolita in Amsterdam and Moi Lolita in another beautiful setting, Taormina.

Attachment 2643

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-28-2020 at 08:58 PM..
Old 04-30-2019, 06:36 AM

bebert057 is on a distinguished road

Edit:

Quote:
according to the site prenoms.com, Alizée is the 397th most given name in France (being myself French, I know 2), and it is the 189th most given name last 5 years. The people named Alizée are on average 21 years old and the peak is of course in 2001 with more than 1200 little girls named Alizée as we see on this chart.

and here is what he says about the name Alizée:

Appeared in France quite recently, Alizée is already a name that is common and that we meet more and more, since its trend is rising sharply. Ranked 189th most popular name in the Hexagon, it is particularly popular in the Nord department. Alizee is a shy woman who tends to keep her emotions and feelings to herself. She can not stand to attract the attention of others and feels the urge to flee when it is put forward. Very thoughtful, in no way Alizée will be impulsive. She prefers to stray and distance herself rather than risk making decisions that she may regret. Alizea, Alisee, Alyzea, Alyzee, Alysea, Alicea are variants that we know by name Alizée. Among the celebrities bearing this name, the one that remains the most emblematic in France is the singer Alizée. However, Alizée Poulicek, Miss Belgium in 2008, climber Alizée Dufraisse, freestyle skier Alizée Baron and tennis player Alizée Cornet are also known.

Alizée is a very reserved and very unconfident person. Her introversion, her hypersensitivity and her emotivity make her a person in constant quest for affection. The emotional sphere is also essential for its development. Prudent, even suspicious, Alizée is often on the defensive against others. In relational conflicts, she tends to fall back on herself and keep her feelings. However, it retains a certain grip on itself, even in the most delicate situations. Alizée is far from being impulsive, on the contrary, she often leads endless reflections before making a decision. She moves slowly, but surely in life. Rather nervous, she can not bear the attention being paid to her. When she has to put herself in the front of the stage, she often feels intense discomfort. It is extremely important that those around him encourage and support them. At work, Alizée has two antagonistic sides. She can be stubborn, persevering and rigorous, but can also appear lazy, lax and unpredictable. In this second case, she has no emotional motivation and shows a passive opposition to her activity. Her priorities may also include her marriage and motherhood, and she may have difficulty balancing work and private life. At a young age, Alizée is very vulnerable. Critics or obstacles run through it and tend to empty it with all its energy. She needs to be continually reassured to calm her nervousness and the intense fear that constantly grips her. To be at its best, Alizée needs a peaceful and calm atmosphere. Thus, parental conflict and fraternal bickering are powerful obstacles to its development. In the same way, at school, she will prove more hardworking if her mistress or her teacher seems to him sympathetic. Alizée feels the need to please the people she loves. Slightly capricious, Alizée can be impatient and possessive. She is looking for an exclusive relationship with her closest ones. Alizée is well aware that affection is what nourishes her every day. Wherever she is, she will seek to build friendships and relationships that she can rest on without fear. Loneliness being her obsession, she always strives to be the best friend. She knows how to be available, attentive and attentive and is very appreciated for her advice. In love, she is equal to herself. Conciliatory and pleasant, she always knows how to find the best compromise for her couple to live in harmony. Often, she is able to silence her desires and prioritize those of her companion.

and here are the statistics from another site:

In 2017 the first name Alizée was given 0 times for boys and 182 times for girls
During the last 10 years, the name Alizée was given to 0 boys and 2,345 girls
Since 1900 the name Alizée has been given to 0 boys and 12 478 girls.
With an average life expectancy of 80 years, we estimate that there are 12,476 people named Alizée currently in France.
Over 10 years, on average, 0.64 Alizée are born each day against 0.58 per day over the last 5 years and in 2017, 0.50 are born each day.

Last edited by bebert057; 04-30-2019 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-30-2019, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's kind of interesting to note that in 2001, she had if not the glue on fingernails, certainly a lot of war paint on her nails, but in 2003, that changed, it was just her natural nails, which matched so much of her natural beauty. There were no big hoop earrings. No fake eyebrows, so little make up on the eyes. Just a little makeup and lipstick and base or foundation or whatever you call it and that let the natural beauty shine through. Even her hair, not waved, not permed, so beautiful in its own natural state and own natural colour and another big part of why this performance was so special, you could see from her movements, from her reactions to the crowd, the person inside.
In her earlier videos when she had those big nails, it looked awkward. She looked like she had trouble handling the microphone sometimes. They were way too big for her small hands. Alizee had mentioned in an interview that she had the habit of biting her fingernails. I wonder if she used fake nails for a while (or Mylene had her do so) to break her of that habit?

By this Eiffel Tower performance, she had figured out that less is more. She must have still used some eye shadow and lipstick, but they were so natural looking one could think she didn't have any on at all.

At this time of her career, if she spoke fluent English and Mylene's songs made better sense translated to English, millions of Americans would have instantly fell in love with Alizee if she toured here. But the big money was behind Britney, Christina Aguilera and Madonna for female pop, and they portrayed a totally different kind of persona on stage. Alizee would have been a breath of fresh air and a break from the kind of pop that was being pushed on us. She probably would have ended up with a "cult" following, being an outsider, but it would have been very large.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebert057 View Post
Alizée is a very reserved and very unconfident person. Her introversion, her hypersensitivity and her emotivity make her a person in constant quest for affection. The emotional sphere is also essential for its development. Prudent, even suspicious, Alizée is often on the defensive against others. In relational conflicts, she tends to fall back on herself and keep her feelings. However, it retains a certain grip on itself, even in the most delicate situations. Alizée is far from being impulsive, on the contrary, she often leads endless reflections before making a decision. She moves slowly, but surely in life. Rather nervous, she can not bear the attention being paid to her. When she has to put herself in the front of the stage, she often feels intense discomfort. It is extremely important that those around him encourage and support them. At work, Alizée has two antagonistic sides. She can be stubborn, persevering and rigorous, but can also appear lazy, lax and unpredictable. In this second case, she has no emotional motivation and shows a passive opposition to her activity. Her priorities may also include her marriage and motherhood, and she may have difficulty balancing work and private life. At a young age, Alizée is very vulnerable. Critics or obstacles run through it and tend to empty it with all its energy. She needs to be continually reassured to calm her nervousness and the intense fear that constantly grips her. To be at its best, Alizée needs a peaceful and calm atmosphere. Thus, parental conflict and fraternal bickering are powerful obstacles to its development. In the same way, at school, she will prove more hardworking if her mistress or her teacher seems to him sympathetic. Alizée feels the need to please the people she loves. Slightly capricious, Alizée can be impatient and possessive. She is looking for an exclusive relationship with her closest ones. Alizée is well aware that affection is what nourishes her every day. Wherever she is, she will seek to build friendships and relationships that she can rest on without fear. Loneliness being her obsession, she always strives to be the best friend. She knows how to be available, attentive and attentive and is very appreciated for her advice. In love, she is equal to herself. Conciliatory and pleasant, she always knows how to find the best compromise for her couple to live in harmony. Often, she is able to silence her desires and prioritize those of her companion.
Hey bebert, where did you get this? I think most of it is not too far off the mark, but there are a few things I would question.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 04-30-2019 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-30-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:

Hey bebert, where did you get this? I think most of it is not too far off the mark, but there are a few things I would question.
https://www.prenoms.com/prenom/carac...ZEE.html#perso

this is what is marked under: the character of Alizée , just translated it on google
Old 04-30-2019, 09:14 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
For me its En Concert; the effect that Alizee has on me is similar--- its like her face is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

Question: if Alizee were changed to a blue-eyed blonde, would the effect be the same??? In other words, change Alizee’s hair color to blonde or brownish-blond, and change her eye color and skin tone to match. (Unlike when she bleached her hair a few years ago, do it with photo-manipulation and do it *perfectly*.)

What do you think?

I don’t see how changing Alizee into a true blonde would make her more beautiful. The question for me is if it would diminish her beauty slightly--- maybe the lighter hair/eye color would make her appearance somewhat less stunning? Or maybe it wouldn’t make her appearance any less stunning?

So suppose the Eiffer Tower performance was “videoshopped”, and Alizee was transformed into a nordic blonde. What would your reaction be?

Similarly, if En Concert was likewise “videoshopped”, would it change my reaction to her? In my case, I think I’d have to actually see it in order to give an opinion.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
For me its En Concert; the effect that Alizee has on me is similar--- its like her face is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

Question: if Alizee were changed to a blue-eyed blonde, would the effect be the same??? In other words, change Alizee’s hair color to blonde or brownish-blond, and change her eye color and skin tone to match. (Unlike when she bleached her hair a few years ago, do it with photo-manipulation and do it *perfectly*.)

What do you think?

I don’t see how changing Alizee into a true blonde would make her more beautiful. The question for me is if it would diminish her beauty slightly--- maybe the lighter hair/eye color would make her appearance somewhat less stunning? Or maybe it wouldn’t make her appearance any less stunning?

So suppose the Eiffer Tower performance was “videoshopped”, and Alizee was transformed into a nordic blonde. What would your reaction be?

Similarly, if En Concert was likewise “videoshopped”, would it change my reaction to her? In my case, I think I’d have to actually see it in order to give an opinion.
That's a great question. Here's a photograph of her as a blonde where she looks fantastic. Now I don't know if the process for her to become a blonde back then was a harsh as it was on the hair as it was many years ago, but here, her hair looks pretty good and if she was a natural blonde, I think she'd look pretty dam good.

But there's another piece to the puzzle. I work at an aiport, Theres a lady who works there who if she just sat at a table with her head reasting on her hand with a 'I'd rather be somewhere else' look on her face, you'd never notice her, never take a second glance at her. She would probably be considered a plain Jane. But this woman has a tremendous amount of drive, a tremendous amount of spirit. No matter what conflicts are going on between the workers and the company, all she thinks about are the passengers. She's a true credit to the company. She's pasionate about her work too. I saw her crying one time over differences about how something should be done and in the battle, it was the customers who were losing out.

It's rare to not see this lady with a smile on her face. I always marvel at her work ethics. Though her physical beauty isn't the best. Her je ne sais quoi beauty is off the charts. With Alizée, she has the physical beauty, but then too, there is the je ne sais quoi. That's why Amsterdam was so special. She was loving the moment. The fans fed off that and she fed off the fans. J'en ai marre 'pour Laurette' or 'Chanson #1', that smile wasn't manufactured. It wasn't something directed by Mylene. She loved what she was doing and it added so much more to the performance. Would it have made a difference if she was a natural blonde? I don't think so. It was the person inside that made those performances special.

blonde.jpg
Old 05-01-2019, 06:30 AM

Old 05-01-2019, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post

What do you think?

I think Alizee would have had a much better chance at entering the US market if she was blond/blue-eyed back in the early 2000's. Men have been socially engineered to prefer blonds since the 50's, that they are more attractive and are more "fun". But, this is a superficial attraction like seeing a beautiful women walking down the sidewalk and you might take a double look (or triple). Once out of sight, you would never think of her again.

Alizee has some kind of universal appeal the way she is. One look is not enough for the majority of men that see her. I am a comment reader, both on YouTube and news services, and not only Alizee. Nobody comes close to Alizee when it comes to comments saying she was the most beautiful female they have seen. When I say universal, I mean across the globe with different cultures and races.

I think Alizee having a nordic look might have hurt her. She might have been branded a "sex object" even before she sang a note just because of the reputation given to blonds. There is a bit of a mystery with a dark-haired and deep brown-eyed beautiful woman from Corsica, which is a place that most people might not have even heard of. When you dig more, you find just what a wonderful, charming personality she has to go along with her looks. Knowing her personality completely changes how one looks at Alizee as a whole. If she was a natural blond, it might be harder for people to get over their biases.

I hope this made sense. It's early.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That's a great question. Here's a photograph of her as a blonde where she looks fantastic.

Attachment 2646
This is a different kind of blond than what I am used to seeing on her during the Blonde album era. It is like a silvery blond - maybe it's what they call platinum blond? Maybe she just got highlights in her hair. But I admit she looks fantastic. Probably the best blond photo I have seen of her.