Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
Well, this is from a week ago but I gotta share...
Walking home from university so Im off the bus near my house and I have to walk through a school yard its 5:00 so its no biggie..

Theres a womens yoga class about 15 people age 40s warming up.
Then for their first exercise they all line up beside each other straighen out the right arm and hold it out (Hitler Style) then do the high kick leg march foward. IT WAS SO FUNNY TO WATCH

For those who dont know...aside from swinging the straightened arm (a bit lower too) thats what it looked like.
Little known fact, the original Pledge of Allegiance was about 10 seconds long, and was finished with what we now call a "nazi salute"

I know I weird shit like this, I'll never know

--------------

So my French teacher (who has been nothing short of a bitch since the first day of school), who after bugging me for two weeks, finally came up to me and said "I'm going to make you one last offer, go check out a French 2 book, familiarize yourself with it because from your work I'm confident that you know it all already, and take French 3 next year"

OH AND BTW BITCH TEACHER LADY: If "Jérémy" isn't a French name, why was it used on the damn test today? Twice? SUCK IT AND YOUR FALSE AURA OF CULTURE

Edit:

- I didn't feel like going to 6th period where I would sit there and do literally NOTHING for an hour, and then going to 7th where I would again to literally NOTHING for another hour, so I just came home where I can do NOTHING the way I want to

Last edited by user472884; 09-14-2010 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-14-2010, 08:04 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

I finally found out what happened to my En Concert order today.

Heres the back story: I had ordered it several weeks ago (like in the last week of August!). It was suppose to have been here at my house and in my hands between September 1st and the 3rd. So I would have had En Concert before my birthday like I planned, but no... It never came. I waited until after that weekend and when it still hadn't arrived on the 7th, I went to the post office to see what was up. I gave the information they needed to track it along with my phone number. The next day I received a phone call from the lady and was told that the package had been found and was on it's way. Sure enough, the mail arrived and BAM!... No En Concert. I went back to post office to let them know. Turns out that they found some other package. So I just waited it out the rest of the week and the weekend. Yesterday I finally just decided to call Sears to see if they even delivered it. The lady wasn't sure what happened and couldn't really help. She just told me to call back later. I forgot to call back later though... But it turns out that it wasn't a bad thing that I forgot.

So now we come to today. I was about to call Sears again to see if I could talk with someone who wasn't a reh-tard. But then my mom called me and told me that she had just talked with the post office and they know what happened with my package. It seems that the guy delivering the packages the day that mine had arrived had delivered it to the wrong address. After they/he had finally realized this, he went to the guys house where he delivered my package to see if he still had it. Turns out that the guy where my package was delivered has been home with a "neck injury" (in quotations because my mom seen him outside doing yardwork just fine the other day) for the last eight weeks. He had got the package and threw it away since he didn't order it . I'm just like, "Why the FUCK would you throw something away that clearly doesn't belong to you!?!?". Shortly after, I was contacted by the dude at the post office. He informed me on what went down, told me he was sorry, and assured me that either he or the guy who threw it away would pay me my money that I spent on it. I printed off the receipt online and took it to the post office. Now I'm just waiting to get my $22.91. Then I'll re-order and hopefully the post office won't F up again. Or maybe I'll just order it and have it delivered through some other postal service or something.

So, after all of this, I have come to the conclusion that there are a few different possiblities that could have happened with the En Concert DVD that I ordered.

1. The guy delivering the package was curious as to what the package was, opened it, and took it home to enjoy for himself.
2. The guy that received the package opened it, watched it, fell in love with Alizée, and is now a fan.
3. Or the guy that got the package actually opened the package and didn't know what it was so he threw it away (which I hope didn't happen because I know who is going to suffer a cruel and painful death if this is what happened...)

But, I can't really be too mad as I am going to be paid back for their stupidity . (Even though I should charge them extra for the long wait and robbing me of an awesome birthday experience of having En Concert to watch for the first time)
Old 09-14-2010, 08:27 PM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Throwing out the mail if its not yours? Thats a dick move especially if you can tell its a package...

My family always returns mail that is not to our house even if its a 5 minute drive to there :O
Old 09-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Recline yourself

- When I was visiting a friend in his apartment complex, we were just walking around (it isn't exactly Disneyland) and I had to suppress the urge to jack all the packages left on the door steps.

I freaking love getting packages in the mail. I don't know why, whether it be the magic of it just showing up, the formality and order of the square box, playing with bubble wrap, etc... but I'd order toilet paper from Amazon if I could, just so I could open the box
Old 09-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I freaking love getting packages in the mail. I don't know why, whether it be the magic of it just showing up, the formality and order of the square box, playing with bubble wrap, etc... but I'd order toilet paper from Amazon if I could, just so I could open the box
I'm the same way
Old 09-15-2010, 07:35 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
So, after all of this, I have come to the conclusion that there are a few different possiblities that could have happened with the En Concert DVD that I ordered.

1. The guy delivering the package was curious as to what the package was, opened it, and took it home to enjoy for himself.
2. The guy that received the package opened it, watched it, fell in love with Alizée, and is now a fan.
3. Or the guy that got the package actually opened the package and didn't know what it was so he threw it away (which I hope didn't happen because I know who is going to suffer a cruel and painful death if this is what happened...)

But, I can't really be too mad as I am going to be paid back for their stupidity . (Even though I should charge them extra for the long wait and robbing me of an awesome birthday experience of having En Concert to watch for the first time)
Opening someone else's mail is a felony.

My guess would be he threw it out or possibly sold it, not even thinking twice about what the item might mean to you. A cynical view on my part, but I think it's likely since anyone who would just toss out someone else's mail is clearly not the type who cares much about others. Good luck though, hope your next order gets through more smoothly. En Concert RULES!

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 09-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post

My guess would be he threw it out or possibly sold it, not even thinking twice about what the item might mean to you. A cynical view on my part, but I think it's likely since anyone who would just toss out someone else's mail is clearly not the type who cares much about others. Good luck though, hope your next order gets through more smoothly. En Concert RULES!
If a package is delivered to my house addressed to the previous owners, it's now my package, even if it is something as useless to me as season tickets to the San Jose Sharks
Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalen View Post
if a package is delivered to my house addressed to the previous owners, it's now my package, even if it is something as useless to me as season tickets to the san jose sharks
blackhawks represent.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Banned

Sting is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Yup yup most ppl do not know this. i lookd it up tho and it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
If a package is delivered to my house addressed to the previous owners, it's now my package, even if it is something as useless to me as season tickets to the San Jose Sharks
package delivered to previous owners is different than A.I.'s situation. it was a package delivered to a completely wrong address, not to the previous owners.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:18 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Very looooong day today.
Woke up this morning to be greeted by a bloodbath in the Degu's cage. It was like an out take from The Evil Dead. Blood everywhere.
One of my Goo's had a really bad tail injury. Half of it's tail was gone and the rest was like a shredded mess.
Don't know how it happened. Either they were fighting or he had caught his tail on some part of the cage.
Quick call to the vets. It's Saturday so an emergency appointment.
News from the vet wasn't good. Emergency amputation for the rest of his tail.
Had to wait about for about 2 hours whilst the operation was carried out.
He came through it ok and i got to take him home tonight.
Poor thing is pathetic looking now with a stitched up stump. I'm thinking about renaming him 'Stumpy'.
It's bad for a Degu to lose their tail. Puts their balance off and makes it difficult for them to climb and jump.
Hopefully all's well that end's well.
The price was frightening