Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 11-26-2013, 09:46 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I downloaded it last evening and it worked fine.

The La Suite I'm going to download today didn't have time last evening before leaving work.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:48 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

http://www.bercy.fr/programme/specta...avec_les_stars

Old 11-26-2013, 09:57 AM

There is no word on Alizée participating in the shows on that page.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:51 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
There is no word on Alizée participating in the shows on that page.
weird, cause she said she will be there

Old 11-26-2013, 04:23 PM

They updated the page and yes she will be there.

Quote:
Et enfin Alizée qui a brillamment remporté la saison 2013.
And finally Alizée which brilliantly carried off the season 2013.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I stopped at a rest stop on my way to Tours and it's the first time I've seen her picture prominently displayed on a magazine rack. This is I think a magazine Bigdan referred to a few days ago that was trying to say Alizee and dancerman 2 are an item but they had no pictures to prove it. It's not a very complimentary picture of her so I wont post a close up. But it's a rag so what do you expect.

The second picture is from Amsterdam. I wanted to see where Alizee performed there. It took me a while, but I think I found out pretty close to where the center of the stage was and when I did, I turned around and took some pictures from that spot and I saw a rainbow. I thought it was pretty ironic after what happened a couple of days ago.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I had bought a couple of those magazines and when I got to Tours, I had dinner at a restaurant near the hotel and I asked the waitress who the girl in the cover picture of the magazine was and I expected her to say Alizee the dancer, but she said Alizee the singer, she didn't speak much English and that was as far as that conversation got.

Later that night, after gettting all my stuff set up for the next day, I went to the hotel bar for a night cap. I brought my magazine with me and there were 3 people working there. I asked them all if they knew who the girl in the picture was and they all imediately recognized her again as the singer. One of them was a woman I'd say around 30. She said she spent 5 years in England and she spoke English not only good, but also well. There was another guy there I'd say about 25. He knew of Alizee and Moi Lolita. The other woman was about 30 I'd say and knew well of her, but none of them could name a song of hers other than Moi Lolita.
I told them she had a number one hit called L'Alize and another great hit she was know by of J'en ai marre and none of those song titles struck a bell with them.

The funny part with the guy is I asked him who his favorite French female singer was and he couldn't think of one. He rattled off a long list of female singers outside of France, but like I said, not one from France and I think that shows part of the battle Alizee has to fight in France coming up with a new album.

The next night, after watching Alizee take home the gold, I went out to the bar to get a glass of champagne and the two women were watching it and they gave me high fives, because by then, they knew how much it meant to me.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

I had bought a couple of those magazines and when I got to Tours, I had dinner at a restaurant near the hotel and I asked the waitress who the girl in the cover picture of the magazine was and I expected her to say Alizee the dancer, but she said Alizee the singer, she didn't speak much English and that was as far as that conversation got.

Later that night, after gettting all my stuff set up for the next day, I went to the hotel bar for a night cap. I brought my magazine with me and there were 3 people working there. I asked them all if they knew who the girl in the picture was and they all imediately recognized her again as the singer. One of them was a woman I'd say around 30. She said she spent 5 years in England and she spoke English not only good, but also well. There was another guy there I'd say about 25. He knew of Alizee and Moi Lolita. The other woman was about 30 I'd say and knew well of her, but none of them could name a song of hers other than Moi Lolita.
I told them she had a number one hit called L'Alize and another great hit she was know by of J'en ai marre and none of those song titles struck a bell with them.

The funny part with the guy is I asked him who his favorite French female singer was and he couldn't think of one. He rattled off a long list of female singers outside of France, but like I said, not one from France and I think that shows part of the battle Alizee has to fight in France coming up with a new album.

The next night, after watching Alizee take home the gold, I went out to the bar to get a glass of champagne and the two women were watching it and they gave me high fives, because by then, they knew how much it meant to me.
Interesting Alizée stuff always happens on your trips! It's a shame that they didn't know any other songs, but at least they recognized her. About the long list of non-French singers - when she did the RFM interview some time ago, as others have said, it seemed like half the music they played was in English. She's gotta compete with her own fellow singers and everyone else too, ouch
Old 11-26-2013, 11:35 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Nice story. Thanks Scruffy.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:23 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Very good to hear you are enjoying your time in Europe, Dave.
great experience that you shared with us all. Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving.
Stephen
Old 11-27-2013, 02:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It's nice to have a full size keyboard again. Going into the last week, I wasn't sure how the champion was going to be determined. I thought maybe their past scores may have had a part in the decision making process. If they were using an average of all the shows, I thought Brahim and his partner should win, mainly because of Alizee's back injury which I feel affected her in two shows.

That's one of the reasons I was against the idea of buying votes. I thought unless they had a terrible night, they were a shoe in, deservedly so and buying votes to take that away from them would be wrong. But it became clearer to me as the day approached the final dance and I was able to get some info from other forums that this last show was game seven as we have so many of here in the states. It doesn't matter one bit what you did in the prior games or dances. Everything else prior goes out the window. That last night was all that counted and all that mattered.

So I found myself watching it in Tours. I found out I could vote on my phone and the first vote was to determine who get's eliminated first. I was going to do my best to make sure Latittia didn't steal another victory, so I did vote and I voted several times for Alizee. Then the final vote came up for the winner. I thought Alizee's second performance was incredible. I thought Brahim turned in a very good performance too. If it was left up to the judges, I think it might have went either way, but it was left in the fans of the dancers. Here I feel Alizee has so many fans outside of France that she's at a disadvantage, so once again I cast several votes.

Now my votes were probably a drop in the bucket, but me being here just kind of happened. We have to bid for vacation months in advance. I had no idea this would be going on back then and I think I kind of lucked out that I was in an area where my phone did work, because it did not work when I was in Paris and I had to switch my vacation plans around at the last moment because of factors that had nothing to do with the show, so I feel it was kind of fate that brought me there on that night and it meant a tremendous amount to me, that I was able to vote. I've been trying for years to thank her in some type of noticable way for all she's done for me and us and things have always gone wrong, now I felt I've done something that as far as the total votes cast, may have been insignificant, but never the less helped seal the deal in probably one of the most happiest moments of her life in the past 10 years, outside of a certain little somone that is. She certainly didn't need my votes to win, but it made me feel great to be a small part of it.

As far as that night and how I felt about it, the NFL Patriots won their first championship several years ago against the St Louis Rams. The Rams were the better team on paper and just about everyone was expecting them to win. I had followed the Pats through so many disappointing playoff losses over the years and in this game the Rams had a lot of momentum in the second half and tied it up late and I thought here we go again. Then with little time left, the Pats charged down the field and won the game. I didn't jump for joy. I sat there in stunned disbelief. It wasn't supposed to happen that way. It was supposed to be the Rams who won the game at the last moment.

That was a fairy tale ending. Something that usually only happens in make believe land. Now it came down to this last show and Alizee put on the perfromance of her life. Still I felt there was an ogre in the background in the form of the audience vote. I thought for sure that ogre would strike and steal a victory in that first vote for Laetitia the way it had done before, but unbelievably, that did not happen. Then that final vote came I thought tha ogre had let her slip by the first vote, so he could deliver an even crueler blow at the end, but it didn't happen. An ending that normally would only happen in fairy tales, actually happened.

Again I sat in stunned disbelief. Hoping for years that something would bring as much happiness into her life as she had brought into mine.

It's still just so hard to believe, such a fairy tale story, seeing how happy she was, seeing her shaking, seeing the emotion in her, knowing how much it meant to her, especially to do well in front of Annily and proving to France that she is a star in her own right. It's just unbelievable.