Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Go Irish keyboards. AltGr + e = é. Quicker yet again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key

Also a belated welcome to the forum, fish.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:51 AM

marik is on a distinguished road

welcome to all new members! hope you all enjoy here ,vid's and other stuff's like Mibir and Marik's chatroom!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:20 PM

Calisto is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings.

I've been browsing these forums a good bit for the last week so I figured it was time I joined. I'll introduce myself.

I thought my story of how I came to like Alizee and what she's done for me was very unique, but from reading these forums I see there is a good bit of people here just like me

Like a few others I was an avid Warcraft player for a few years, and the only music I listened to was well...just typical American music that most guys like I guess...Disturbed, Offspring, Nightwish....nothing at all like Alizee. Although I loved those artists, I was never such a fan where I would actually ever dream of doing research about them online or posting on a forum about them.

One day while reading through the Warcraft forums, I came across a post called "The Real Night Elf Dance" Needless to say I don't need to tell you guys what it linked me to. So I opened it up, and my first impression was also I guess just like any other guy...wow that girl is beatiful. After I finished watching it I found myself humming the song and to my shock I actually really liked the song.

So I just kept downloading more songs, and most of them when I first heard them I thought they were pretty good....but something about her voice....just makes them grow on you....soon they were more then "Pretty Good" they were amazing. Even more addicting then her voice is watching the videos themselves. I think her smile is capable of melting any guys heart pretty much instantly. I VERY rarely buy any artists CDs..its just that day and age of downloading...but I bought everything of hers..including the DVD. I just only wish I would have discovered her sooner --It's been about 1 year now since I found her.

Now I feel i'm on the virge of being obsessive lol. I listen to it at my house, in my car, I even have a boombox in the backroom of Gamestop to listen to it at work. Even weirder is when I try to listen to the old music I used to love...It just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

So I've found myself looking through all of the old press clippings about her from other sites and reading the translated interviews to learn as much as I can. I am also planning to take up learning French in the near future. Anyways....I'm glad to have found this site and some people similar to myself
Old 08-16-2007, 02:27 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

hey calisto, welcome aboard. glad you finally found us
Old 08-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

The "Lili effect" has captured another helpless victim, I see. No known cure, so it looks like you'll be stuck with us until one is discovered. Welcome aboard, Calisto.

You have just entered the Lili Zone

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:40 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

We want a cure?

Welcome, Calisto. I'll be you never thought you'd wind up loving the music of some French pop singer, eh?
Old 08-16-2007, 03:36 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

the "Lili Effect" i hope remains uncurable. SO WELCOME CALISTO I STILL MANAGE TO FIND MYSELF LISTENING TO DISTURBED AND THE OFFSPRING, HAVE FUN HERE I LOOK FORWARD TO TALKING TO YOU IN THE CHAT ROOM THOUGH PEOPLE BARELY USE IT ANYWAYS NOW. STILL MIGHT SEE YOU THERE.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:53 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

Hello Fish and Calisto, welcome to the forum
Old 08-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
I've been browsing these forums a good bit for the last week so I figured it was time I joined. I'll introduce myself.

I thought my story of how I came to like Alizee and what she's done for me was very unique, but from reading these forums I see there is a good bit of people here just like me

Like a few others I was an avid Warcraft player for a few years, and the only music I listened to was well...just typical American music that most guys like I guess...Disturbed, Offspring, Nightwish....nothing at all like Alizee. Although I loved those artists, I was never such a fan where I would actually ever dream of doing research about them online or posting on a forum about them.

One day while reading through the Warcraft forums, I came across a post called "The Real Night Elf Dance" Needless to say I don't need to tell you guys what it linked me to. So I opened it up, and my first impression was also I guess just like any other guy...wow that girl is beatiful. After I finished watching it I found myself humming the song and to my shock I actually really liked the song.

So I just kept downloading more songs, and most of them when I first heard them I thought they were pretty good....but something about her voice....just makes them grow on you....soon they were more then "Pretty Good" they were amazing. Even more addicting then her voice is watching the videos themselves. I think her smile is capable of melting any guys heart pretty much instantly. I VERY rarely buy any artists CDs..its just that day and age of downloading...but I bought everything of hers..including the DVD. I just only wish I would have discovered her sooner --It's been about 1 year now since I found her.

Now I feel i'm on the virge of being obsessive lol. I listen to it at my house, in my car, I even have a boombox in the backroom of Gamestop to listen to it at work. Even weirder is when I try to listen to the old music I used to love...It just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

So I've found myself looking through all of the old press clippings about her from other sites and reading the translated interviews to learn as much as I can. I am also planning to take up learning French in the near future. Anyways....I'm glad to have found this site and some people similar to myself
The wonderful "Lili effect" has brought us another member. Glad to have you as a part of our community.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:33 AM

lohssanami is on a distinguished road

I just created a thread, "Learning to speak French...", and I think it explains about how I got the Alizee bug. I find myself listening to Alizee in the car for the whole ride even though I listened to mostly harder music, like Calisto, for the last several years.

It seems a bit weird that I am almost (I guess biologically possible) old enough to be her dad, but as we get older every new celebrity becomes younger and younger to each one of us.

Regardless, she has inspired me to study French, solely for the reason of visiting France and fulfilling a lifelong dream of backpacking and visiting as much of the country as my finances will allow. I hope in about 2 years I will have a strong enough grasp of the language to be comfortable on my trip.

If anyone else is beginning to speak French, pm me as it will be fun to speak with others as we learn.

Tags
alizée gifs