Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-18-2007, 04:40 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road

welcome to the forum lohssanami.... happy surfing!
Old 08-18-2007, 07:34 AM

Luc is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your introduction lohssanami, welcome to the forum!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Uber Leet Member

Geech is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site lohssanami.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:34 PM

lohssanami is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the greetings. I noticed this site had a good set of people here.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:20 PM

arkadas is on a distinguished road
Default Never been affected by a performer like this before..

Let me introduce myself. I am a 52-year-old male from middle America (about 20 miles east of St. Louis, Missouri). This is the very first time I have ever posted to any type of fan site and may be my last, but I feel somehow compelled to write about Alizée.

I first saw this amazing young woman this past June (’07) on Youtube performing J’en Ai Marre. I do not recall what I was looking for at the time, but there she was, glorious. My first impression, besides being an extremely attractive girl, was that she is genuine. What you see on the screen is what you would see if you were lucky enough to chance meeting her on the street. The person on the stage is the same person for her friends and family. Alizée’s personality comes through strongly in her beatific smile and soulful eyes. Alizée is truly a pure spirit, and an innocent; her smile shows no guile, there is no deceit in her eyes, just the pure joy of being.

For me, a large part of her attraction is she wears very little makeup and her costumes aren’t a focal point of the performer. It is just her out there, and not another manufactured performing puppet with their empty, emotionless faces. She is beautiful, charming, graceful, polite, compassionate (Can you begin to imagine any other star having the same reaction Alizée had to meeting Julia at the end of the Stars a Domicile show?). I love how she always focuses on the person she is talking to and does not seem to pander to the audience. Even if that is purely out of shyness it is especially endearing.

Her voice is sweet, soft, and sultry. Another poster said listening to a particular song of hers three times in quick succession has the same affect as a Valium. I understand. I will often just listen to her and sit with my eyes closed and all the concerns and stresses of the day become inconsequential. I just let the sound of her voice wash over me and I am at peace.

Do I have a favorite song? Why would I want to rank them? They are all special because they come from a very special performer and person. I will admit to getting choked up every time I hear Parler Tout Bas even though I do not understand a single word of French.

Good Luck, Alizée! Have the courage to live your dreams…

This is a wonderful site, btw. Keep up the outstanding work. FYI. You can buy both of Alizée’s CD’s and the DVD on FYE.com. A little cheaper than Amazon.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

Great post arkadas, I thoroughly enjoyed for the read. Welcome to the site!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:31 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkadas View Post
Let me introduce myself. I am a 52-year-old male from middle America (about 20 miles east of St. Louis, Missouri). This is the very first time I have ever posted to any type of fan site and may be my last, but I feel somehow compelled to write about Alizée.

I first saw this amazing young woman this past June (’07) on Youtube performing J’en Ai Marre. I do not recall what I was looking for at the time, but there she was, glorious. My first impression, besides being an extremely attractive girl, was that she is genuine. What you see on the screen is what you would see if you were lucky enough to chance meeting her on the street. The person on the stage is the same person for her friends and family. Alizée’s personality comes through strongly in her beatific smile and soulful eyes. Alizée is truly a pure spirit, and an innocent; her smile shows no guile, there is no deceit in her eyes, just the pure joy of being.

For me, a large part of her attraction is she wears very little makeup and her costumes aren’t a focal point of the performer. It is just her out there, and not another manufactured performing puppet with their empty, emotionless faces. She is beautiful, charming, graceful, polite, compassionate (Can you begin to imagine any other star having the same reaction Alizée had to meeting Julia at the end of the Stars a Domicile show?). I love how she always focuses on the person she is talking to and does not seem to pander to the audience. Even if that is purely out of shyness it is especially endearing.

Her voice is sweet, soft, and sultry. Another poster said listening to a particular song of hers three times in quick succession has the same affect as a Valium. I understand. I will often just listen to her and sit with my eyes closed and all the concerns and stresses of the day become inconsequential. I just let the sound of her voice wash over me and I am at peace.

Do I have a favorite song? Why would I want to rank them? They are all special because they come from a very special performer and person. I will admit to getting choked up every time I hear Parler Tout Bas even though I do not understand a single word of French.

Good Luck, Alizée! Have the courage to live your dreams…

This is a wonderful site, btw. Keep up the outstanding work. FYI. You can buy both of Alizée’s CD’s and the DVD on FYE.com. A little cheaper than Amazon.
Welcome! Glad to have you here, and please feel free to continue posting. Your story sounds very familiar to everyone here. Now's a great time to join the fun: hopefully there will be a whole new wave of things to talk about soon. Hope to see you around!

BTW: I didn't see the DVD on fye.com though, just the En Concert CD.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Bonjour, lohssanami and arkadas.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:41 PM

Tenzen is on a distinguished road

Guess I should introduce myself. Where to start...well I'm 27 and live in the inland empire of southern california.

Probably like many that just found Alizee in the year or two, I was playing world of warcraft and someone I know sent me this link and said check this out. Went to the link, was one of her tv performances of JEAM. Immediately I was like, "Wow this girl is goregeous." and then she started singing and I was sold.

Been browsing this forum for a week or so now, and seems that there are many nice, genuine fans here. Sites like this make me hope that Alizee will see how many fans she has following her in the US, so maybe one day she will grace the states with her beauty and music.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:44 PM

lohssanami is on a distinguished road

Thanks Tye...and bonjour to Tenzen.

Tags
alizée gifs