Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

I dont know but 30 words in French, and when i started lisening to Alizee for the first time the only word i knew was Merci. I think its more of a personal choice on her part. she would have to get ppl to analyse the risks first. Maybe she can go over to quebec and start making her way from there. Also its a matter of, will I have enought time for Europe to travel 1/2 way across the globe? but hey, shes been to Mexico a few times eh?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fralizee View Post
She will never make it in the US.
No French singer has ever done well her, except for actors like Brigite Bardot. She is not marketable in the US, unless she speaks english and does acting too.
True, thats because of the steriotypes that come with the French name.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:21 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fralizee View Post
She will never make it in the US.
No French singer has ever done well her, except for actors like Brigite Bardot. She is not marketable in the US, unless she speaks english and does acting too.
Einstein, Edison, maybe Barack Obama, Maybe Hillary Clinton, Abraham Lincoln...

Good thing these people and many many others listened to those who said "never" or that something couldnt be done.

One person who was around the invention of the computer - "this will never be marketed to regular families - they have no use for it." Gee I guess Bill Gates and Steve Jobs should have listend to this guy! How could they go into the computer sales game. fools.

- someone above gave examples.
Simple she opens for a bigger act which has similar music. Many many big name bands have unknowns opening for them. Alizee is far from unknown. She could also play small venues. Kevin Federline tours. kevin f e d e r l i n e. probably the least talented celeb we know tours....
She CAN too. Just restrict to big cities if its just her and small venues.

Thomas Watson - I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.

Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.
Wendell Johnson

I never say never, because I don't want to be one of those guys.
Bob Seger

If I were dropped out of a plane into the ocean and told the nearest land was a thousand miles away, I'd still swim. And I'd despise the one who gave up.
Abraham Maslow

Spiro Theodore Agnew - “In the United States today, we have more than our share of nattering nabobs of negativism.”

Willie Nelson - “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.”

four minutes of google - and you are sadly or should i say joyfully mistaken. French have done well and performed in the states.

Edith Piaf needs not be introduced. France's greatest singer, and Judy Garland's French cousin, she was a sublime performer gifted with a unique voice. Here she performs in English one of her most famous songs, "Lovers for a day", at the Carnegie Hall of New York, in 1957. http://schuon25-iii.blogspot.com/

Patachou

Here is a famous French song performed in French and English by the great singer and actress Patachou.
Patachou, born Henriette Ragon in 1918 in Paris, had several jobs before managing, in 1948, a cabaret-restaurant in Montmartre, where she began singing, at first for her own pleasure. She was nicknamed "(Lady) Patachou" (from "pâte à choux", "cream puff pastry", the restaurant having been at first a cake shop). Her raucous and original voice seduced Maurice Chevalier, who encouraged her. The singer Georges Brassens made his debut in her cabaret. She was herself the first to sing Brassens' songs. Jacques Brel and Charles Aznavour sang there too and Edith Piaf made her last appearance in Patachou's cabaret. Celebrity quickly followed and she appeared at the ABC, at Bobino, then toured in France and in the whole world: in 1953, at the London Palladium, at the Waldorf Astoria and Carnegie Hall in New York. http://schuon25-iii.blogspot.com/

Hmmm 4 minutes to find two french singers who performed at that little dive in that rural hick town ...Carnegie hall in New York City. Yea Alizee Couldnt possibly perform in the US.

I mean with our talent pool of female singers/stars such as Britney spears, aguilera, ashlee simpson there is no way she could compete. yea ok...

Last edited by Ben; 02-18-2008 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: Merged
Old 02-07-2008, 04:27 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Bridget Bardot, Marcel Marceau, Roman Polanski, Gérard Depardieu, Adrienne Barbeau, Charles Boyer, Dorothy Lamour, Garry Trudeau, Jean Baptiste Pointe du Sable, Paul Revere, Philippe Sauve and Maurice Chevalier too name a few.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Mika was in town here the other day for a concert. As you probably know, he is quite well known in Europe, but not here in the US. They interviewed him in the local paper about touring the US and I thought it was interesting. He mentions how people came out to see him because they saw him on the internet, and how he's making quite a bit of progress here.

It goes to show that it may not be easy, but it can be done.

Last edited by lefty12357; 02-07-2008 at 05:48 PM..
Old 02-07-2008, 05:47 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Bridget Bardot, Marcel Marceau, Roman Polanski, Gérard Depardieu, Adrienne Barbeau, Charles Boyer, Dorothy Lamour, Garry Trudeau, Jean Baptiste Pointe du Sable, Paul Revere, Philippe Sauve and Maurice Chevalier too name a few.
dont forget Edith Piaf. i think she even came to America back in the day, and sang in french.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaceman View Post
True, thats because of the steriotypes that come with the French name.
That a load of crap, excuse moi sorry Yaceman, I think anyone who uses those stereotypes are just stupid. There is no reason to judge a whole country because some idiot made up a stupid rumor about how the "French don't shower" or "Freedom Fries" or "Freedom Toast." Tell me what the point of those are? To insult the French? Sorry not doing anything. I am American and a Republican but I am against the saying the French didn't fight or help out, because they helped economically. If you have a habit going to a restaurant and saying to the waiter or waitress "oh and a side of Freedom Fries please?" I think you have an issue that needs to get some help. That is something that "grinds my gears" -Peter Griffin. People need to get with the 21 century and stop with the racism. Like Tupac Shakur said "it's time for us to start making some changes." I miss the old days when everyone lived in peace and no harm was done like the renaissance days.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:04 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

All things are possible these days, but baby, you gotta want it!

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
All things are possible these days, but baby, you gotta want it!
Yeah, and I don't think Alizée does. At least not right now...
Old 02-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Yeah, and I don't think Alizée does. At least not right now...
If you talking about Alizée coming to America, I don't doubt she will come here but I think it will take time. Right after the Latin America tour I think she would come here. I mean seriously the number of people from America that will travel there is pretty high. Driving is good. Train is better. And flying is awesome! Closer than over the Atlantic to France too so that gains people.

All you need is 1 Truck.